Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

Ghost Recon ALPHA (HD Film)

Ubisoft making a ghost recon movie or what?

7-wAzlqzXH0

From the looks of it, there's a robot, spy drone, futuristic invisible cloak stuff, and other goodies that you would see in your typical John Wayne movies. Apparently, the black guy dies first like most black guys who die in movies...

Well, what do you guys think? A bit action-ish appeals to mainstream, but then looks like its going to be a movie.

Edited by Phantom Six

Very cool! Hope there's a part 2 and they best not nuke london town!

Do you guys know its a promo movie for their new game Ghost Recon: Call of Duty.. oops Future Soldier, dont you ? (its a prequel for the game, whose plot advances the "rogue spearead" warheads incident, as I understand it )

Anyway, the film is really cool. I think I saw "Ridley Scott" in the end credits. Is this guy the real Ridley Scott ?

Do you guys know its a promo movie for their new game Ghost Recon: Call of Duty.. oops Future Soldier, dont you ? (its a prequel for the game, whose plot advances the "rogue spearead" warheads incident, as I understand it )

Anyway, the film is really cool. I think I saw "Ridley Scott" in the end credits. Is this guy the real Ridley Scott ?

Yeah, I don't like the direction that Ghost Recon is going. It's going down the wrong road; its not what it should be. It's suppose to be a tactical shooter not COD... oh wait, that was back in the days until Ubisoft bought Redstorm.

I don't know why but in most typical movies, the black guy is always the first to die :/ how racist... though I have seen movies where the black guy dies last or never died before.

Yeah, I don't like the direction that Ghost Recon is going. It's going down the wrong road; its not what it should be. It's suppose to be a tactical shooter not COD... oh wait, that was back in the days until Ubisoft bought Redstorm.

Yeah, the series seems to have reached the bottom with Future Soldier. I didnt play it yet, but all reviewers say its more of a CoD than a GR. To be frank, I actually liked GRAW1/2 on X360 - even with console trappings and simplification, I found its somewhat open levels and tech-gadgets like drones, etc fun to play. But this time they went too far it seems.

BTW, Im playing the original Ghost Recon right now. Bought it and expansions for very cheap on Steam. And Im using two interesting mods that I reccomend: heroes unleashed, that enhances AI, textures, interface, weapons, etc. and ENBseries that enhances gfx, adding bloom effect, lighting, surface reflections, transparency, etc. ;)

Yeah, the series seems to have reached the bottom with Future Soldier. I didnt play it yet, but all reviewers say its more of a CoD than a GR. To be frank, I actually liked GRAW1/2 on X360 - even with console trappings and simplification, I found its somewhat open levels and tech-gadgets like drones, etc fun to play. But this time they went too far it seems.

BTW, Im playing the original Ghost Recon right now. Bought it and expansions for very cheap on Steam. And Im using two interesting mods that I reccomend: heroes unleashed, that enhances AI, textures, interface, weapons, etc. and ENBseries that enhances gfx, adding bloom effect, lighting, surface reflections, transparency, etc. ;)

Still playing with my gold edition back from release year i think it was. Tried out one mod which puts all rogue spear and rainbow six maps plus like 300 weapons, still an active gaming and modding community for it which is good to see. Great game. Played gr2 on xbox, but since that and the originals and its expansions, have not like'd the new ones at all, same for rainbow six, loved that from original to raven shield, then vegas came out and changed the whole dynamic.

Cool. Where do I get this mod (for adding RSpear and R6 missions) ?

Also, Im getting my X360 back from a friend today. Do you think GR 2 is worth a try nowadays ? (remember I like GRAW for the consoles, if that says something ;) )

Cool. Where do I get this mod (for adding RSpear and R6 missions) ?

Also, Im getting my X360 back from a friend today. Do you think GR 2 is worth a try nowadays ? (remember I like GRAW for the consoles, if that says something ;) )

I think mixed heroes unleashed with one of these , check directory and forums for more stuff, it was the maps rather than the missions, but just hostage rescue really weren't they so you can do that as well! As for the graw games, i did not hate them, i just hated the fact they were released as ghost recon games, because they're nothing like what we knew from GR1. I imagine its pretty fun on a console, maybe worth a try.

A comment on the current status of the Ghost Recon franchise is in this link. I am so utterly disappointed, I cannot in words express; but this video shows a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSzstXvjBLE

If only RedStorm was still here :/ Ubisoft just try to appeal those low IQ kids with short attention span on their consoles. Its no longer ghost recon and doesn't even make sense to call it ghost recon. Rainbow Six Patriots is probably going down the same road...

I swear to god I'm going to e-smack the next person that calls a black guy dying first "racist".