Sign in to follow this  
best2nd

Iron Front fails to launch

Ok so I downloaded the game and when I try to launch it, nothing happens.

I'm running Windows 8 beta, but ArmA 2 witch runs on the same engine more or less, works whit no problems.

The thing I noticed is I have a CD-key and the Activation key. I was asked for CD-key during installation, however it did not ask for Activation?

P.S. I downloaded the game from BIStore.

Try to reinstall it, I run windows 7 and the install and game starting is fine. Did download it from BIStore aswell.

Try to reinstall it, I run windows 7 and the install and game starting is fine. Did download it from BIStore aswell.

Nope, doesn't work.

The activation key will be asked at first launch. But if you can't launch... Did the installation complete ?

Ok so I downloaded the game and when I try to launch it, nothing happens.

I'm running Windows 8 beta, but ArmA 2 witch runs on the same engine more or less, works whit no problems.

The thing I noticed is I have a CD-key and the Activation key. I was asked for CD-key during installation, however it did not ask for Activation?

P.S. I downloaded the game from BIStore.

I had the EXACT same issue. Windows 8 Consumer Preview, game won't launch. From what I can tell, it's the Deep Silver DRM not working - thus the game fails to launch. Compatibility modes don't help at all, unfortunately. I had to boot into Windows 7 to launch and play the game.

I hope you guys run win8 beta on dual boot with win7 or an older OS?

It is strongly recommended doh, Win 8 does not support all the futures yet. Especially on the gaming part they have allot of issues that are bound to be addressed, as for now they have a game store linked to the Win8 OS if the game is not listed then it might not be supported and Iron front is not listed as of yet ...

kind regards

Edited by KBourne