Sign in to follow this  
xezon

Removal of BAF and PMC

Hi.

I want to make sure my mission does not require these expansion packs and therefore wanted to disable them.

Removing the PMC and BAF folders did not help.

Any ideas?

Your mission doesn't require them as long as you don't use the units in your mission.

But everybody has BAF/PMC Lite at least, so you can't "remove" the expansions.

Why not just simply don't use them in your mission, that way they will not bee required ?!?!

Why not just simply don't use them in your mission, that way they will not bee required ?!?!

I am completely new to Arma series and have no oversight about the content. I am not aware what is Expansion content and what not. Unless it is labelled as "BAF or "PMC" of course.

You can disable those expansions in the expansions browser in the main menu, unless you're using the -mod= command line switch :)

Even if you make a mission using BAF &/or OMC anyone with CO or OA will be be able to play it - only the "Lite" package has somewhat poorer graphics. The only time you need to avoid using them is if you want your mission to be playable by those who only have A2/A2 Free (when you must not place any OA units, either). There should be no need to disable the expansions if you are not placing BAF or PMC units in the editor. The mission will only list addons (vanilla or 3rd party) that are actually used for the mission.

Edited by Orcinus

You dont have to worry about Baf/PMC dlc. If you make mission for arma 2 CO we all can play it, becose we all have Baf/PMC Lite added in game patches. So you dont have to "remove" them from your mission.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I see Orcinus was faster.

Ok, so if you dont wont to people that have only baf/pmc lite see blurry units: dont put on map units/vehicles/planes/helicopters/war buldings from Baf/PMC and that all.

Ok, so if you dont wont to people that have only baf/pmc lite see blurry units: dont put on map units/vehicles/planes/helicopters/war buldings from Baf/PMC and that all.

Are these always labeled with "BAF_", "PMC_" ?

Thanks. I will check what Max wrote. It's good to hear it's still compatible, but I don't even want to hassle others having blurry assets without expansions. :)

Someone linked me to this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11127&a=dl

Is that recommended?

i wouldnt use that at all.
Even if you make a mission using BAF &/or OMC anyone with CO or OA will be be able to play it - only the "Lite" package has somewhat poorer graphics. The only time you need to avoid using them is if you want your mission to be playable by those who only have A2/A2 Free (when you must not place any OA units, either). There should be no need to disable the expansions if you are not placing BAF or PMC units in the editor. The mission will only list addons (vanilla or 3rd party) that are actually used for the mission.
A Orcinus says you dont need to remove the BAF or PMC stuff its already present as a lite version. And you cant remove it either as it is included as part of the whole CO installation. If you dont want BAF or PMC units just dont use any, its that simple.