Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93030 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[93017] Fixed: LOD blending not working reliably

[92956] Fixed: Sound: Music often stop playing after window focus is lost and regained

[92925] Fixed: switching backpack with dead unit in MP

[92821] Fixed: Joining unit in the vehicle to a different side group did not change the perceived side of the unit.

[92781] Fixed: SelectPlayer makes direct communication unreliable (see https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30991)

the VON fix is most likely absent, next beta

[93017] Fixed: LOD blending not working reliably

:yay:

Jizzed in my pants a little bit when I read this. Does this mean no more flickering LODs?! That would be awesome! :D

Does this mean no more flickering LODs?! That would be awesome! :D

^^ This with bells on! Although we have gotten used to flickering textures it would be just superb to not have it at all. Will give this a run this evening after work.

Once again many thanks BIS for these patches. Need to get them into a full patch so that those aversed to testing get all these lovely goodies!

^^ This with bells on! Although we have gotten used to flickering textures it would be just superb to not have it at all. Will give this a run this evening after work.

Once again many thanks BIS for these patches. Need to get them into a full patch so that those aversed to testing get all these lovely goodies!

The -winxp option fixed my texture glitches perhaps give that a shot.

Edit: wait does this mean I might be able to remove the -winxp option?

:yay:

Does this mean no more flickering LODs?! That would be awesome! :D

huge if this works 100%.

Build 93040 just arrived. Probably fixed some bug introduced in this one?

Looks good so far, only bigger LOD flaw in Chernarus for me is now some of the pinetrees that get ultra low 3d model (more like sprite model) already when only some 20m away from player (terrain detail set medium, difference with high setting is also very low).

The trees seen in this vid at 22:47 (when the camera turns):