Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.3 released

Guys thank you really much for your help and good luck with 4.4.

Peace out,

Arth

Quick question, I'm using Bon's ammo box script ammo.sqf (http://pastebin.com/FqirWLef) on a vehicle ammo box I've placed in-base with

0 = this execVM "scripts\ammo.sqf";

in its init line (and that's all that's in there)

I then put the ammo.sqf mentioned above in the scripts folder of the mission.

The box isn't spawning any weapons, any clue what could be conflicting with this in MSO?

This looks amazing but I have two simple questions if anyone would be so kind to help.

- There are no earplugs or balaclavas that are in ACE?

- How does the map save? Our server crashed once and we lost all our progress, vehicles came back etc.

The test version we were playing in that vid is vanilla (CBA only) to rule out any third party script errors or performance drains. It's very easy to add ACE stuff to the mission though - you just drop the ACE modules and weapon crates down in the editor, MSO automatically detects ACE and does the rest. I've not tested it with ACE or other stuff yet, so remains to be seen what effect those addons have on overall server performance.

Map 'saving' is the PersistentDB part, which is still WIP though looking very promising - we've already got it saving the player state (weapons, location etc) between server reboots, but need to refactor the DB a bit so we can easily add FOB builds, vehicles, enemy state etc. Still lots to do, test, and tweak for performance before it's solid, so it's unlikely to be ready in time for the 4.4 release. But at least MSO is much more stable now, so less likely to crash as often as before.

I think VCB should really open a server without password i search everywhere and i don't find the password ;)

We don't have the available server hardware to run public servers. We run a test server for MSO devs & testers only.

that's weird so can i test your mission so i can see if i can create a public server with this new version ?

Is patrol ops working properly with MSO at the moment? I set it to ON and UNLIMITED missions but the only missions im getting are to attack enemy convoys which I had before patrol ops was intergreated with it.

Any ideas?

Still having fun with the map though, its quite a challenge if you increase the enemy intesity.

have you turn off the convoy options ?

I've tried with it on and off but patrol ops doesn't seem to work. Using ACE takistan map

normaly if you turn off and put the patrol ops module it's should work maybe if you want i can come test with you ? ;)

I play ACE coop with a small group of friends, and we've tried a few MSO missions over the past few days. By far my biggest issue so far is, I just can't seem to work out what a lot of the mission params do. I understand that the sample missions are just that, and it's designed as a toolkit, but I want to get a handle on the default scenarios before I go about setting up our own.

Anyway, a few things I've noticed:

1. CASEVAC doesn't work. I get some message about Papa Bear being too busy or something. I assume it's just incorrectly configured, but yeah, what's required for this?
  2. Enemy spawn VERY close. I'm not sure what module this comes down to, WICT, or the ambient enemy or what, because i've tried with only one of each and I still get the issue, but at one point in chernarus an enemy squad spawned literally a few metres away. I'd like to know what parameter/module this is down to, so if someone could let me know that'd be great.
  3. Can't seem to make autonomous AI units. You seem to be able to recruit as many friendly AI you want (up to 6 per team leader I think), but I can't seem to work out how to remove them from the group so they'll behave autonomously. When I remove them in the team status screen they blink out of existance. Since the regular BLUFOR AI does nothing, this can be very frustrating. The manual does mention creating autonomous units to man cannons and stuff, but I can't work out how to do it.
  4. Probably partly because of the last two points, we seem to lose control of towns the instant they're cleared or taken. It's a very frustrating game of wackamole, especially since we have a small group. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
  5. IED Defusal: Would it be reasonably simple to implement this with ACE style IED defusal? I'd prefer to have to use an action or something and be able to properly defuse them, rather than simply blow them up.
  6. I had hoped that using the WICT module without the "enemy" ambience module would create a frontline type situation in Chernarus, and while it did seem to reduce the number of random enemies right at the start, but we still got enemy squads spawning right on top of us, whackamole towns, and no real sense of a "frontline". Am I configuring this wrong?

Apologies if any of this was covered in the preceeding 9 pages.

Congratulations MSO is a fantastic job,

I have two questions ...

In my clan we play regularly with A.C.E. and something I think would be very convenient to use the option to revive .. the RMM_revive does not work and tried to engage other like Columdrum or the Norrin and fail to function properly ...

Thermal optics do not work for attack helicopters, in the gunner's position can only switch between normal and night vision is there anyway to repair it?

Greetings and thanks

I've tried with it on and off but patrol ops doesn't seem to work. Using ACE takistan map

And you requested a Patrol Ops via interaction menu or comms 0-0-xxx?

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Congratulations MSO is a fantastic job,

I have two questions ...

In my clan we play regularly with A.C.E. and something I think would be very convenient to use the option to revive .. the RMM_revive does not work and tried to engage other like Columdrum or the Norrin and fail to function properly ...

Thermal optics do not work for attack helicopters, in the gunner's position can only switch between normal and night vision is there anyway to repair it?

Greetings and thanks

thx m8!

comment out rmm_revive in support\modules\modules.hpp and use ace bulitin revive

never had issues with thermals, anyone else seen that?

enjoy

Edited by highhead

@MoonCabbage

Most of the (current version) enemy pop modules aren't designed around the idea of a frontline, but a more general, slightly randomised counter insurgency type scenario.

WICT I think may have originally been intended as a big war with a mobile enemy, but the integration into MSO isn't all that stable so there's no real telling how it will play out. Otoh, enemypop creates fortified bases across the map at random locations, which you can clear through, but the enemy is largely static and won't counter attack. We're working on more dynamic and 'clever' enemy for future releases, but we're up against some pretty hard limitations of the game engine.

CASEVAC does work, but it's chance based. The greater the emergency, the more likely you will get casevac - this is designed to simulate that fact you're not the only call on their time. You can tweak the setting in the scripts if you fancy poking around in them.

Enemypop spawn distance is a setting in Params. If they're spawning too close (<1500m) then it could be the scripts aren't running properly. Try running with just Enemypop (turn off all the others) to see if that improves it. In general, not many servers can handle all modules running, so for best performance you should choose only one or two, and limit the amount of ambience (this is all vastly improved in the next release btw).

Autonomous AI units - not actually an intended feature, but you can do it by joining another team yourself and leaving them behind. I've found they stay in existence then.

Town Control - often that'll be down to an enemy patrol passing through, a Terrorist Cell you missed or sometimes it's just bad intel. I've found MSO to be much more rewarding if you don't treat it as a Domi style 'capture and clear', but a counter insurgency operation where enemy could pop up anywhere at anytime.

IED Defusal: MSO will detect if you're running the SR5 IED mod and use those, which I believe can be detected with THORIII and defused manually. Again, if you're confident digging around in the scripts, you could probably change out all IED spawns for ACE ones. In general we build MSO without too many mods in mind, as its a nightmare to keep up with them all. You could also submit it as a feature request on dev heaven project page.

Hello, today i play with the 3PARA team and they have some bug with their MSO it keep crashing randomly they used the 4.31 version for a public server that's really weird because the mission is really cool can you help us ?

Hello, today i play with the 3PARA team and they have some bug with their MSO it keep crashing randomly they used the 4.31 version for a public server that's really weird because the mission is really cool can you help us ?

If you use stock missions. Please be sure to turn off Emergency Services! This caused replicable crashes under heavy server load!

Also an important note: if you play with 12+ ppl try to tune down ambience modules to gain some fps. We put efforts in optimizing performance and stability in 4.4 so this will be even better!

Enjoy

Thanks, the emergency module is off by default on their mission and i tell them Noujay can crash sometimes too (i know in the old version it crashed)

Thanks, the emergency module is off by default on their mission and i tell them Noujay can crash sometimes too (i know in the old version it crashed)

ATTENTION: who has 93296, restrict beta version to latest, old clients most likely cause server crashes, too many fixes for netcode is bad for backward compatibility

read that somewhere, maybe applies to newer betas too

Server runs latest full patch,

No Beta's are running on the server.

After 30-45 minutes, The server Crashes (Red chain/No message received)

I suggest using the latest beta then :)

There have been amazing improvements.

Yeah please use latest beta and check that all clients use latest beta - there were many fixes on engine netcode which means stability and performance improvements

Mso is very demanding, so if you expierence issues please be sure to disable some modules, i would recommend starting with sheperds animals vehicles ambient air and sea. This brings you some perf improvements until 4.4 is released the upcoming days! It will have many performance and stability improvements, since we focused on that!

Enjoy

In the version of CLAfghan, the CAS is not working properly,

I checked that does not work with U.S. Army units and instead it works well with the BAF units, I wonder if the reason may be due to the proximity to the "Respawn" of CAS aircraft... that much closer to the "Air Base" and quite apart from "Base Branca".

Is there any option to solve this?

How to change the map coordinates from where the "CAS"?

A greeting and thanks.