Sign in to follow this  
Sylle

ToH patch 1.05 questions

Hi BIS,

Congrats with the release of your first DLC!

I updated my ToH install to version 1.05 tonight and I would like some clarification on following points.

Compatibility with Take On Helicopters: Hinds

What does this compatibility encompasses??

Does this mean for example that someone without the Hind DLC will be able to fly a light helicopter in MP against someone (that bought the Hinds DLC and) that is flying a Mi24??

Retractable Landing Gear System support added

Is this also valid for the heavy helicopter? I tried but didn't manage to raise the gear.

I also noticed the torque instrumentation for the twin engine helicopters now shows identical values for both engines. Thanks for fixing this!

Regards,

Sylvain

compatibility: correcting my statement, it's merely for the flightmodel and controls etc.

there is no MP compatibility between DLC and non-DLC content variants of the game

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Heavy will get retractable landing gear (now it only got taxiing so far) in future updates ...

Edited by Dwarden
correcting my previously wrong statement

Thanks Sylle!

Compatibility with Take On Helicopters: Hinds

What does this compatibility encompasses??

As Dwarden points out, this is meant to imply the Take On Helicopters main game has been made compatible for Hinds technology, which means even people without Hinds get this technology. Some benefits of this you will see soon in patches: Heavy helicopter with retractable landing gear, Light and Medium variants with SACLOS TOW.

Other changes are under-the-hood, such as initial work on more flexible weapon proxies on vehicles. For this reason you'll see the FAB bombs work better in the Hinds DLC, than in previous games. There's also been AI improvements, for example giving gunners with Thermal Imagery optics an advantage in spotting enemies.

Such as initial work on more flexible weapon proxies on vehicles.

Sorry my english is not perfect. Does it mean we'll soon be able to shoot from a helo with rifle? This is something i'm waiting since a long time !

Does it mean we'll soon be able to shoot from a helo with rifle?

Heh, no this particular effort is to allow multiple different types of proxy-based weapons on one model ... e.g. bombs and missiles, and have them fire from the accurate position.

Thanks Dna & Dwarden for the clarifications!

All clear now ;-)

Regards,

Sylvain

Does it mean we'll soon be able to shoot from a helo with rifle?
Heh, no [...]

Will it ever be possible? Do you BIS plan to implement such feature?

Will it ever be possible? Do you BIS plan to implement such feature?

well as seen in the ShackTac video

rlN99dqNKy0

it's already possible to achieve for mod makers ...

it's not native solution, can't be used everywhere and anytime but it's good start

Who can help me?

I installed the HINDS additionally. Patch from 1.04 to 1.05 installed. Version it is shown 1.05. however, I don't see any military helicopter. NOTHING.

Germanize is prohibited in this forum. Unfortunately.

Whoever can please help me per e-mail. I know that Germans are here. Please help me. With this translator, it is a pain.

Friendly greetingses

Jörg

Here my e-mail:

Janicki-J@T-Online.de

Thanks

Cool video ! I hope it will come native with Arma 3 on in a future patch for Take ON ! With this we could even hunt some wild animal.. Some much possibilities !

check Expansions in main menu, is there listed Take On Hinds ?

No

I see this menu.

Stands there:

Take on Helilopters

and

Ire

more not. No Hinds.

compatibility: correcting my statement, it's merely for the flightmodel and controls etc.

there is no MP compatibility between DLC and non-DLC content variants of the game

I'm suprised at this, would have thought you would hae perhaps have given us a light pack or someway to play online together. (like in OA)

Dan;2120813']I'm suprised at this' date=' would have thought you would hae perhaps have given us a light pack or someway to play online together. (like in OA)[/quote']

things are more complicated than with OA so it's not possible

things are more complicated than with OA so it's not possible

Fair enough.