Sign in to follow this  
colinm9991

Forum Problems

So every now and again this forum stops working, I never see notifications about it or anything.

Right now, this thread isn't working. "http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination"

It was also removed from the Sticky section no more than 10 minutes ago.

What the hell is causing this, and why does it happen to every second or third thread?

Google Chrome

--Edit--

God, browser problems. I guess it's time to switch back to firefox.

What exactly do you mean by "forum stops working" / "thread isn't working"? Do you see a 404 not found error, does the page simply turn up blank, does the browser get stuck on loading the page or what?

It was giving me no result, as in the webpage doesn't exist.

Turns out it was a problem with Google Chrome.

must be all these security updates recently :)

I have been having the same problems as well and I use IE 9. It seems to be working at this moment however this is the second time I have posted this same message because I lost the page last time I tried submitting this. My connection is fine. I have no problems with any other site or online games. Bis' main site comes up without issue as well. It is just the forums where there seems to be issues. I have also searched the net and found many others with different browsers expieriencing this same problem. I have sent a email to cutomer support. The forums seem to be working good right now. If the issue arises again and I am able to I will report it here. As well as reply with any helpfull information from customer support. Also, the message that I was getting was the same as you would get when your enet is not connected. Thank you all for your time.

-Jamie

Just wanted to give an update. I have had no issues since my original post above.

So the problems have begun again. It has taken some time but I have made it back in to give a report of the problem. I also tried installing and using google chrome which resulted in the same problems. Again, I have no problems with any other site or online games. Just Bistudio forums. If anyone has any solution they have found or advice I will try to get back in later to check it out. It is almost acting like the server is just overcrowded or something. Not sure. It is deffinately odd to say the least. Thank you all for your time. I am still waiting on a second response from customer service. The first from them was a request of a screen shot of the message I get when it is not connecting which I have sent to them. It is the one that says:

Inetnet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

On my PC at home IE9 also has problems. The first 2 or 3 pages load fine, then images stop loading but i still get text, but a couple of pages later nothing will load and if i keep on trying even other webpages wont load anymore. Looking at taskmanagers reveals dozens of iexplore.exe processes, most of them doing nothing(since i dont have that many tabs open). However on my laptop with IE9 everything works fine.

When i had problems loading the forum i also tried Opera and FF which at that point also refused to load this site, however i havent tested those browsers without ruining everything with IE9 first.

Oddest thing ive seen in a while, especially since its fine on my laptop, and only this place seems to cause it.

Edited by NeMeSiS

BI main site comes up without issue as well. It is just the forums where there seems to be issues. I have also searched the net and found many others with different browsers experiencing this same problem.

-Jamie

where You found 'many others' experiencing this same problem?

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

On my PC at home IE9 also has problems. The first 2 or 3 pages load fine, then images stop loading but i still get text, but a couple of pages later nothing will load and if i keep on trying even other webpages wont load anymore. Looking at taskmanagers reveals dozens of iexplore.exe processes, most of them doing nothing(since i dont have that many tabs open). However on my laptop with IE9 everything works fine.

When i had problems loading the forum i also tried Opera and FF which at that point also refused to load this site, however i havent tested those browsers without ruining everything with IE9 first.

Oddest thing ive seen in a while, especially since its fine on my laptop, and only this place seems to cause it.

my suggestion is

- ensure you have latest OS and IE9 updates

- ensure you have latest Java 6 or Java 7

- ensure you have latest Adobe Flash

Reinstalling flash seems to have done it, odd since i always update, but thanks anyway.

Actually scrap that, it didnt work. At least it stops opening new iexplorer processes now, and Opera just crashes after a few pages. Firefox seems to work a bit longer for some reason but after a while also starts timing out. This is seriously one of the oddest things i have seen.

well ... any antivirus? ...

Just noticed this thread and I too have experianced this. It first happened last week and i could not get on the forums all day. then it was ok until yesterday when I could not get access for about 6 hours. I did connection fault diagnosis with explorer and It said DNS server not found?

Also I could not go on to any Bis sites?

Just noticed this thread and I too have experianced this. It first happened last week and i could not get on the forums all day. then it was ok until yesterday when I could not get access for about 6 hours. I did connection fault diagnosis with explorer and It said DNS server not found?

Also I could not go on to any Bis sites?

Same for me.

I read somewhere that one indivudual had to do a reboot on his modem. I just did one before trying to get on and I found my way into the forums. However, Like an idiot I did not try it right before the reboot so I am not sure if it is the fix or not. I will report back on weather or not the problem re-occurs.

P.S. I was unable to get on the last couple of days during the few attemps I made. I was also unable to get on the main Bis site yesterday as well. Normally though the main site is not the problem. Just the forums.

Edited by nukerat

Same for me.

I came here to report the same thing, I was getting "host not found" for the entire bistudio.com domain. Someone's DNS server is/was having problems. I would normally attribute this to a normal internet hiccup, but it seems to happen too frequently for that.

there was datacenter problem 20th evening ... nothing i know about yesterday

Reseting the router or modem did not resolve the problem for me. It wasnt long after my previous post that the issue had started again. I am using a computer at work right now to post this. I have made sure and reinstalled both the latest java and flash viewers. As well as any and all windows 7 updates. I am still having the same issues. It is very frustrating. I am not sure where the problem is. Again, the problem is that most often bisforums will not load at all. Occasionally it will but more often then not it doesnt. The main Bis site is fine and loads without issues not including scheduled maitenence. I have no issues with any other websites, forums or online games. I have tried many of them. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I am more than willing to listen.

The fact that you can get access ok from your work pc seems to suggest that it is your pc for some reason thats the problem. over the last few days I have not had any problems getting on to bis sites apart from from it taking a while to load...

Nuke: When you are experiencing the problems open a command window (dos prompt) and run the command

tracert forums.bistudio.com

You should see something like: (of course, the servers and IPs will be different).

C:\Users\Slapstick>tracert forums.bistudio.com

Tracing route to ws2.bistudio.com [81.0.236.105]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms DD-WRT [192.168.1.1]

2 * * * Request timed out.

3 8 ms 9 ms 29 ms dstswr1-vlan2.rh.wpgrny.cv.net [67.83.233.33]

4 15 ms 13 ms 13 ms rtr1-ge1-2.mhe.whplny.cv.net [67.83.233.1]

5 16 ms 14 ms 18 ms 64.15.1.153

6 15 ms 15 ms 14 ms rtr3-tg11-1.in.nycmny83.cv.net [64.15.0.53]

7 * * * Request timed out.

8 17 ms 85 ms 15 ms nyk-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.135.18]

9 113 ms 112 ms 112 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.135.60]

10 127 ms 128 ms 133 ms prag-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.133.51]

11 129 ms 128 ms 129 ms prag-b3-link.telia.net [213.155.131.63]

12 129 ms 127 ms 143 ms casablanca-ic-119661-prag-b3.c.telia.net [213.248.104.90]

13 130 ms 129 ms 129 ms MLC.vl96.cas.ip-anywhere.net [81.0.192.14]

14 132 ms 131 ms 128 ms swh2.cas.ip-anywhere.net [217.11.224.235]

15 129 ms 130 ms 152 ms assigned-81-0-236-006.casablanca.cz [81.0.236.6]

16 129 ms 130 ms 131 ms ws2.bistudio.com [81.0.236.105]

Trace complete.

That will show all the routers packets pass through on the way to the BI servers and if any are having problems. Note: some routers won't respond to pings and the request will time out, but that is ok as long as the tracert continues.

As LockJaw said, since you can access the forum from work it is likely something specific to your home machine/network, or something about the route from your house to BI. A tracert might give you some indication where the problem is. Of course, if the problem is a mis-configured router between you and BI there is diddly-squat you can do about that except hope some admin catches on and fixes the problem.

Right, Agreed. It could also be a server issue with my internet provider as well. I have not expierenced any issues since late yesterday afternoon either. I appreciate all the feedback and I will be sure to try this Slapstick if it arises again. I am copying it right now to a notepad so I will have access to it provided I end up with these same problems. Also, If I were the only one expierincing these issues I would have no doubt it was my computer. Or if I was unable to get on any other webpage forum or anything associated with the internet. That has not been the issue though. Still, I am not ruling out an issue with just my system or with the connection between my service providers server and BI. Thank you all again for your time. It has been working for me since late yesterday so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you again.

Well, i cant get rid of my problems. I cant find any significant differences in software between my PC and my laptop, and it works fine on my laptop yet it is retardedly slow and browser-crashing on my PC(Task managers is often needed to close any remaining processes after closing the browser).

My laptop connects to the internet over a hotspot hosted by my PC. (Though on or off doesnt matter)

I am absolutely stumped.