Sign in to follow this  
colinm9991

Forum Problems

So my problem started again and I checked my windows firewall. Shut it off and been good since. That was yesterday so It is still to early to say if that was the problem or not. Check you windows firewall NeMeSiS. Maybe that could help. Just a suggestion. I will keep this thread updated weather or not the problem continues.

Ok, so it was not the firewall or my antivirus. It is also not my computer I thought might have been causing the problem. I also checked my other home computer that is hooked up to the same router and it turns out that it is having the same issues. So it is either my router (which I will check bypassing when there is an issue), or my ip connection to bis. I performed the dos check as mentioned above it did not see anythning that looked like an obvious issue. I will post that when I get the forums working at home again. I am posting this from work again which just so happens to use a different ip provider. I am anticipating that my router may be the issue but I am not sure. I will keep all posted as I continue to troubleshoot this very frustrating issue.

Well, it has been a couple days since I have had any problems at all so I have not been able to troubleshoot any further. I hope I am not jinxing myself but things have been going great the last few days.

Not even sure this could be related, but no point in starting a new thread...

Since today i am experiencing this:

cmXUBl.jpg

This is only when "searching" the forums by using "Today's Posts" when not logged in. And this when logged in ("New Posts"):

iehCNl.jpg

When using normal forum browsing all appears ok. I only experience this in FF (v3.6.28), i also disabled any addons/plugins for these tests. On the other hand, Opera browsing the same areas are ok.

(In case you're wondering... I know that FF version is in the "slow" update branch, but since v4 that I am experiencing bugs with fullscreen video - due to my multiple monitor config i believe)

Anyway this just appears to be some css not loading or something like that... anyone experiences the same?

Edited by gammadust

Well, my problems seem to have dissapeared, i have been able to browse this place all day without any problems.

Same here NeMeSis. I would say it has been at least a week since I have had any issues at all.

Hmm posting and editing are bugged?

/Test

//Yep this is acting weird for me. Anyone else?

Edited by St. Jimmy
Testing

I have noticed in the forums that (for example: if someone has texted 2 words, theres a scroll button with the words hardly visible to the screen). I also noticed that this scroll function error wasn't here a few days ago.

please provide screenshots ... so far only strange thing i noticed i s that quick edit is gone and the edit post now takes you to full edit ...

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

Hmm posting and editing are bugged?

/Test

//Yep this is acting weird for me. Anyone else?

explain

Edited by Dwarden

explain

1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on someone's post.

2. Enter your reply, then click "Post Quick Reply".

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

explain

1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on someone's post.

2. Enter your reply, then click "Post Quick Reply".

_____ EDIT _____:

3. A pop-up window will appear, asking if you really want to leave the page.

4. If you click "Leave page", ^^ that will happen (double post).

ye i know these ones ... pretty weird ... anyway needed to be sure

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

ok it should be now fixed (quickedit, reply, reply with quote)

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

ok it should be now fixed (quickedit, reply, reply with quote)

Testing...

Yup, seems to work. Thanks. :)

Hmmm,, seems like its fixed now.

was probably related to same bug as the edit/quote/reply issue

Hey guys! I'm NOT new in this Forum. This is my 3rd account.

I lost my first one, can't login because the PW disappeared. At the second one its almost the same situation. Since the forum was hacked I can't login anymore and I don't have the old Email anymore.

Hope you don't bann me and let me here! Can't open a Thread atm. thats the reason why I post my problem in this thread.

if you know your old IPs or emails you can recover the old accounts via our support