Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Question for suma/bis

Will the upcoming expansion be used to fix some glitches, specifically the armour values of certain vehicles:

- BRDM value way too low

- MI-24/Mi-17 bulletproof cockpits

If so, it would be much appreciated! smile.gif

well i agree with the BDRM.. its kinda funny/lame to be able to take a APC like unit out with precision machinegun fire...

thought on the cockpit bulletproof cockpit... well skilled infantry ought to be able to hurt em someway or is it just me ? smile.gif

Yes, the cockpits are bullet resistant, but in the OFP engine the whole chopper will explode before you can even crack the glass. None of the US choppers are modelled like this.

And yes, an armed BRDM would be great, but I'd settle for a realistic armour value.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S.F.F.R @ June 13 2002,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mi-24 and Mi-17 have armored cockpit in real    tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But I think you can brake the glass with HMG fire, I`d like to have the pilots a little more vulnerable biggrin.gif

Good point...

Also, an equipment picture for the Strella launcher would be good. smile.gif

Naah, download a realism addon (by Aaron Ash) or make it have lower armor values. Just simple config.cpp file editing.

Decrypted config file is pretty easy to understand. With my handless skills I've edited a following addon:

-more realistic armor values to all OFP vehicles.

(like more armored BRDM, less armored Humvee, all tanks are destroyed easily from behind with 1-3 LAWs)

-realistic penetration/damage values (like sabot not exploding)

-more ammo types for tanks (AP, APFSDS, HE-Frag etc, tube launched missiles)

-removed radar from commander position on all tanks (they really don't have radars like AA vehicles)

-enabled 'Turn out' option for Gunner in T-72, T-80, Shilka, etc. (Maybe BIS disabled this option because M1, M60 etc gunners don't have proper 'Turn out' animation). Enabled also Shilka driver 'Turn out'.

-etc. etc. etc.

I'm affraid this addon is only for our squad's internal use as some textures are made by other parties and copyright issues might rise...

But summing it up, fixing those annoying things BIS left in the game can be at least partially done with .cpp file editing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ June 13 2002,14:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Naah, download a realism addon (by Aaron Ash) or make it have lower armor values. Just simple config.cpp file editing.

Decrypted config file is pretty easy to understand. With my handless skills I've edited a following addon:

-more realistic armor values to all OFP vehicles.

(like more armored BRDM, less armored Humvee, all tanks are destroyed easily from behind with 1-3 LAWs)

-realistic penetration/damage values (like sabot not exploding)

-more ammo types for tanks (AP, APFSDS, HE-Frag etc, tube launched missiles)

-removed radar from commander position on all tanks (they really don't have radars like AA vehicles)

-enabled 'Turn out' option for Gunner in T-72, T-80, Shilka, etc. (Maybe BIS disabled this option because M1, M60 etc gunners don't have proper 'Turn out' animation). Enabled also Shilka driver 'Turn out'.

-etc. etc. etc.

I'm affraid this addon is only for our squad's internal use as some textures are made by other parties and copyright issues might rise...

But summing it up, fixing those annoying things BIS left in the game can be at least partially done with .cpp file editing.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't really care about those things. They're not annoying.

And american tanks don't use tube launched missles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ June 13 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why change coolest chopper in-game to be something like shitty Apache?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exuse me, but Apache is the best chopper in the game. Can u destroy a T80 with only one AT6. No, you can't. Can you do that with the apache. Yes, u can.

Also. Hydra 70mm rockets on the apache are more powerful than 56mm rockets on the Hind. Two Hydra rockets are able to destroy one T72, three or four are able to destroy one T80. You'll need a lot more hind's rockets to destroy it. One thing true is that apache doesn't have as many rockets as Hind does. But, what's better. To use 6 56mm rockets or 2 ffar's or hydra rockets on T72 or M60?

Another thing better on the Apache is its size. Apache is very lively. I can't say the same for the Hind. The Hind is very big and it takes more time to turn that big flying tank.

All in all. Hind's armor is still the best.

Don't get me wrong here. I like the Hind very much. Its look and sound is very scary. I'm always scared when i hear the Hind coming closer and closer. I'm also very good in piloting it. I feel good inside the Hind. I feel safe in it, because i know it's hard to destroy me.  smile.gif

well, ppl complain west has more choppers...i guess BIS thought this is the way to balance it.

The Havoc is ugly as hell, and by the time it gets fielded, it will already be outclassed by two generations. tounge.gif

Nah the ugly one is Apache! Havoc is a beaut!!

And AaronAsh realism pack is just crap! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ June 14 2002,06:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Havoc is ugly as hell, and by the time it gets fielded, it will already be outclassed by two generations. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ugly - apach  smile.gif

MI-28 - last generation chopper

8 mi-28  used in Chechna, and MI-28 technologies(composite materials, scopes) used to modyfication of Mi-24

God. Havoc is very ugly. Apache is nicer. A lot nicer. Hind is the nicest chopper on the world.

mi-28-37p04.jpg

ah-64-dvic293.jpg

Which one looks better? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ June 14 2002,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And AaronAsh realism pack is just crap!  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. biggrin.giftounge.gif