Sign in to follow this  
Krusty

C130 needed

A C130 would be nice for dropping paratroopers and transporting stuff between islands in a campaign. (Obviously using 2 missions like the A-10 missions in the original campaign)

No rather not have it, its simply to big for those small islands.

And Kolgujev has no airport, Everon has only one airport.

a c-130 is not that big and it would fit perfectly in this game. i want my paratroops to exit from a faster moving aircraft than choppers. also, it just fits better and is more realistic! BIS, if you read this: release a c-130 and the russian equilavent for this game!

how about Puff the Magic Dragon? thats a cool aircraft there w/ lots-o-firepower smile.gif and to be fair i suppose that we can find something similar for the soviets to use maybe a bomber or something? that and C-130 transport would be nice

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from drewb99 on 4:21 am on Dec. 5, 2001

Lah Lah lah, once again, C27 and AN26....

c-27-9811253a.jpg

<span id='postcolor'>

This aircraft is nice! It's only a little bigger than a chinook. (from what I can see).

The C130 isn't that big a plane - and furthermore it doesn't need a airstrip that big. When I was in the army there was a long parking lot approx. 800 metres long which i was told was planned to double as a runway for C130's. The Everon runway is approx. 1100 metres long. Why shouldn't a C130 be able to take of from a 1,1 km regular airport when it can take of from 0,8 km parking lot? The C130 was from the beginning a STOL-aircraft (Short Take-Off and Landing) which meant that it is designed to take of from short unprepared airstrips. I know for a fact that RAF practices to use beaches for landing and take-off for picking up special ops teams. If u want to try something like it in th game it is actally possiple to land on a beach in the Cessna and take off again. (Thought about using it for pickups)

I am not so sure about this, but I think the russians has a plane called AN-76 Coaler which is also STOL. If ppl stil can't get that it's not a problem to use a C130 you could (though historically incorrect) use the Osprey, since it can take of vertically and then fly as a plane.While we wait for BIS to complete their C130 (I know u got it :-) - I am sure u will release in Ultimate upgrade 4 - as a christmas present), we can still use the Cessna to jump from. It can take 3 passengers and could therefore be used to drop 3 spec-ops behind enemy lines. (Somebody make this mission)

(Edited by mads bahrt at 4:27 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

Yep, need one of those. Yep they will be nice, jesus, you could drop a jeep out of the back of that. Man that sounds fun...

yeah the C130 would kick some major ass in OFP. just thinka how many things you can do with that baby!

I looked it up:

The C-130 has:

Take-Off run: 1,091 m

Landing run: 518 m

Which means it should just be able to take off from Everon

The Il-76

T-O run:850 m

Landing run:450 m

I also measured the lenght of the runways more precisely:

Everon: 1135 m

Malden 1439 m

In other words: Both aircraft will be able to take off and land at both airfields.