Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Light Vehicle Armor?

Is it just me or do HMMWVs have zero armor? I almost feel safer on a dirtbike than in an HMMWV. It seems a few 5.56 rounds will penetrate the bulletproof glass like a hot knife through butter. It shouldn't be possible to get shot out of an HMMWV by any sort of lighter rounds.

An up-armored HMMWV should provide ample protection from small-arms fire. I could see bullets penetrating a utility or ambulance version, but not an up-armored combat ready HMMWV.

And I've seen people expend hundreds of rounds on the actually up-armored humvee.

And I've seen people expend hundreds of rounds on the actually up-armored humvee.

In-game or in-life?

The general amout of Hitpoint of the whole vehicle ids not the point, thre GPK wil even survive multiple RPG hits (V, OG) but the driveer can be shot out of the seat through the windshiled with one hit...and the funny thing is, in A2 thw windshield wil shatter, in OA not ontil hit by a HE round. You can put 5 belts of MG ammo into the wildshield and it will not go blind, this occurs onyl in HMMWVs after 1.50

I'm not up to speed on the various designations of humvees. But the metal parts of both the up-armored A2 USMC version and the OA humvees are impervious to whole magazines of point blank 7.62x39mm.

The OA class will break eventually, and sooner on the sides. It's just the USMC up-armored humvee that has a glitched windshield.

I don't care as much about the windshield changing in appearance. The crew being shot out with one well placed round needs fixed ASAP though.

guess thats why the Vodnik always seems to have greater survivability then the HMMWV

I don't care as much about the windshield changing in appearance. The crew being shot out with one well placed round needs fixed ASAP though.
makes a hughe difference if you can see stil out or not after a few hits, driving blind wont make youre escape easier.