Sign in to follow this  
Libertine

Will this version get some polishing, or is it another sputtering Ferrari?

I agree about it being possible to go rambo on AI - that's why I complain that it isn't good enough and make tickets - not the other way around. AI is worse shots than a mediocre human player. At 1.0 skill they very much need to snipe you even with an aimpoint just like you can snipe them (it's really easy to do a 1 shot kill at 200m with a CQB-oriented weapon for a human by simply doing a good enough aim - but AI is incapable of doing this, also because after 1st shot its recoil goes chaotic, while a human can compensate much better). And then you work your way from 1.0 to a more suitable AI for you.

So far at 1.0 your squadmates play more of a distraction role for an enemy instead of being equal shots to you. Especially AI MGs which are incredibly, ridiculously useless. I remember in OFP coming onto an enemy squad that had MGs was dangerous, in ArmA2 I don't even remember when was the last time I got shot by an MG (while in one of coops I've managed to do 23 kills with MG - all during a single life). But at least they help you pinpoint where their squad is by tracers going high up into the sky instead of being directed towards you.

Celery even did a video where he wipes out dozens of AIs using heavy, high recoil M60 I think.

Edited by metalcraze

I got a chance to download OA, which is 1.6 through Steam, and i got a chance to do some testing. I sorry to say this, because it obviously upsets people, but i didn't see a change, if fact, the very first mission was much worse. Having said that, the following mission were hit and miss, with the positive surprises. Some of the situations where i got spotted were not realistic, but were certainly possible in real life. Uncertainty like that is priceless IMO as it adds tension to each mission, even when replaying missions. However, the problems i experienced far overshadowed the positives for the gameplay style i prefer to do (Sneaky bastard stuff) unless i choose not to kill anyone, which is sometimes fine.

One thing is for sure, when a bomb is detonated, the AI in the area all seem to head in your general direction, and after awhile, downright home in on your position. I assume this is too promote action for the player, but this really makes it impossible to stay in an area to do other things.

Here are 4 examples of what i encountered. The first is the worst i saw, i was shot instantly after detonating a satchel. The last one (4 of 4) is NOT the worst, just what i got while i was trying to record. I saw worse as far as shooting a soldier with a suppressed weapon away from other soldiers. Almost everytime nearby soldiers without night vision would be alerted or worse, soldiers in noisy, running BMP's, all they all having a conference call? I was able to get away with it one time, there was a stone wall or houses between him and other soldiers, i wonder if that had anything to do with it.

From the "Shadow killer" mission here.

I still feel like the game is overflowing with character and soul. I said earlier i played 500 hours of OFP, but going by what Steam says i have for Bad Company 2, i probably have 700 hours of singleplayer OFP and 500 hours of multiplayer. If there were an awards show, i'd still give BIS a standing ovation, but i hope they keep sneaky bastards in mind when they're developing the A3.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Well then it's a good thing that this is an recently solved bug :p

See my video.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Another thing, if you look at this screenshot http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/scr01.jpg you can notice that lod distance is sheer insanity, you can basically see 5 villages in the background, impossible performance killer with A2, I would like to know how did they manage that, experimental settings and clever screenshot grab or optimizations.

You don't even need 1fps to take a screenshot, you just crank up the downsampling and increase the view distance and bam, great screenshot.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

next to grass issue what you want to change or improve on vegetation system ?

add partial transparency for the line of sight?

I've been trying to play the randomly generated combat missions (with squad) and i keep getting annihilated through the grass. Perhaps its my newness.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Tessellation?
Yuck. The amount of stuff i have to sacrifice for tessellation is enormous, at least if my prior experience with it is any indication.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

<Reply to OP>

Really, the AI is why you haven't even tried the free version of Arma2?

I own it and OA, and no, it was not the only factors.

And yes, you can shoot through grass. So can they. And you both will.
How does one shoot through grass, accurately, in first person? I get shot way before i see the enemy in the "defend locations" missions.

One thing is for sure, when a bomb is detonated, the AI in the area all seem to head in your general direction, and after awhile, downright home in on your position. I assume this is too promote action for the player, but this really makes it impossible to stay in an area to do other things.

No they don't. They move to an explosion area. And if you keep moving, especially close to a burning fire which lits surrounding area well enough- you'll get spotted by NVG wearing crews/soldiers or simply by soldiers depending on how close you are to a fire.

I saw worse as far as shooting a soldier with a suppressed weapon away from other soldiers. Almost everytime nearby soldiers without night vision would be alerted or worse, soldiers in noisy, running BMP's, all they all having a conference call?

There's such thing called communications. When the first bullet passes near/hits AI but doesn't take him out he immediately reports "Under fire!" over the radio. If some units have GUARD waypoint this communication comes to them too and then they move to investigate.

I was able to get away with it one time, there was a stone wall or houses between him and other soldiers, i wonder if that had anything to do with it.

So wait were you killing soldiers in the open view of others and then complain? LOL

I've been trying to play the randomly generated combat missions (with squad) and i keep getting annihilated through the grass. Perhaps its my newness.

Can you finally explain to us why you shouldn't be killed through grass? Is it armored where you live? Do you become transparent when lying down in your location?

but i hope they keep sneaky bastards in mind when they're developing the A3.

Learn2Play:

Somehow those "all seeing" AIs had the trouble spotting me next to point blank. Must be that rare OA grass making me invisible while crouching.

Especially at 5:30 and onwards where I almost walked into the enemy patrol.

FYI this is with enemy AI skill 0.99, veteran difficulty and under the sky full of stars (which means it was not pitchblack)

Edited by metalcraze

I think the real issue is called "why can't I just kill enemies mindlessly and not suffer any consequences like in arcade shooters" as evidenced by "I was killing AIs and enemy BMPs came to investigate - unrealistik!1".

The BMP's came instantly from what sounded like a half a mile away. Im only looking for realism and asked for clarification. I asked if real life suppressor volumes wre being used. Did you know that some commercial "silencers" still require ear protection they're so loud? I also asked if BMP's were using FLIR, which is a whole lot different than standard night vision. I'm looking for realism, but for the type of "sneaky bastard" gameplay i prefer.

Read above. Your silencer has nothing to do with AI reporting that he came under fire over the radio.

This is not Bad Company 2. AI are not disconnected retarded bots.

Either do perfect headshots where other AIs can't see bodies hit the floor or don't be so trigger happy during a, you know, stealth mission. Simple.

And see my video for how AI really sees during the night and maybe get a few tips from it. This is a remake of another OFP mission as well.

Edited by metalcraze

No they don't. They move to an explosion area. And if you keep moving, especially close to a burning fire which lits surrounding area well enough- you'll get spotted by NVG wearing crews/soldiers or simply by soldiers depending on how close you are to a fire.
Metalcraze, calm down.

We both have different goals. Mine is realism, that is the background i come from, but with a different type of play in mind. Did you watch my video, example 3 of 4 clearly shows the A.I. homing in on me after i touched off the bomb, from far away, this happened every time. No soldiers had night vision btw.

There's such thing called communications. When the first bullet passes near/hits AI but doesn't take him out he immediately reports "Under fire!" over the radio. If some units have GUARD waypoint this communication comes to them too and then they move to investigate.

Communications require you to grap your radio and press the transmit key unless something has changed in recent years. If that the case, the player should hear a shout or a call for help, even basic games have that. Not that he would have much of a chance to go for his radio after a headshot.......:rolleyes:

So wait were you killing soldiers in the open view of others and then complain? LOL
Where did you get that? There were trees blocking the view and it was at night with soldier that didn't have night vision. Nor would play in such a simplistic way. The way you play is half of what makes a realistic game experience realistic.

The bottom line: If the soldier that is shot alerts the rest of them, there should be a "help!", etc, sound effect.

Can you finally explain to us why you shouldn't be killed through grass? Is it armored where you live? Do you become transparent when lying down in your location?
If you can first explain how i was seen through the [tall] grass, at night, or how im supposed to aim back through the grass in first person mode?

Learn2Play

Thanks for the condescending comment. After un-installing the ACE mod, i see that A.I. do not have radar vision. I said this many comments ago.

Edited by Libertine

Mine is realism, that is the background i come from, but with a different type of play in mind.

Your complaints are that AI works as a team and grass doesn't stop bullets so maybe your understanding of reality is different from the common one?

Like in reality people don't see themselves from behind like in that video?

Did you watch my video, example 3 of 4 clearly shows the A.I. homing in on me after i touched off the bomb, from far away, this happened every time.

From what I saw in the video they don't just come killing you. They come to a general area of explosion. You just stay too closely to it so it looks like they are homing on you.

Why would BMP that totally knew where you are come to your position when it could've just perfectly shot you from 200+ m out? Instead they come looking for you and you prefer to run around so naturally eventually you'll get noticed.

Communications require you to grap your radio and press the transmit key unless something has changed in recent years. If that the case, the player should hear a shout or a call for help, even basic games have that. Not that he would have much of a chance to go for his radio after a headshot......

From what I saw you unloaded quite a few bullets into AI without killing him (and some even missed) and even then BMP came and didn't kill you. It came to his general location to look for you. Saying "under fire" takes a second.

There were trees blocking the view and it was at night with soldier that didn't have night vision. Nor would play in such a simplistic way. The way you play is half of what makes a realistic game experience realistic.

Well you blew up your satches while being within 100m away from them (meaning you are well lit up) and then complain that soldiers see you? And then what's worse - you go guns blazing in a stealth mission - and complain that you get spotted?

Man the only thing you don't do in that video is holding a flashing sign over your head "shoot here".

The bottom line: If the soldier that is shot alerts the rest of them, there should be a "help!", etc, sound effect.

They do this. It just isn't played in 3D world. If you'll put an AI in your squad and somebody will shoot him you'll immediately hear "under fire".

Make a ticket on CIT if you need to absolutely hear that phrase.

If you can first explain how i was seen through the [tall] grass, at night, or how im supposed to aim back through the grass in first person mode?

In your video which is mostly third person it's clearly seen that grass never conceals you and you are perfectly seen lying in it.

And how you should aim through it in first person is your problem. Find a better position? Push the grass down in front of you (which obviously will provide even less concealment). Obviously if something covers your eyes it's harder to see through. I thought you liked realism?

So now your turn.

Thanks for the condescending comment. After un-installing the ACE mod, i see that A.I. do not have radar vision. I said this many comments ago.

You should've watched the video first before making your own comment - learn a few things from it. Because the mission I've played there is exactly the same in design to what you've played. Why don't I have such problems as you?

With ACE AI doesn't have radar vision either. It has much more realistic vision. In vanilla AI see worse than they should. See my video.

- I crawled under the guard tower with the guard turning to my side. He didn't see me.

- I almost walked into an enemy patrol which was like 10m away. They didn't spot me.

- A soldier walked 5 meters away from me. He didn't see me.

- I was lit up by a passing car. Yet I wasn't noticed.

- I blew up half of a base and no bullet ever came after me.

All in one run. All under the starry sky which lights up the ground and AIs do take this into account. Where's your AI radar vision?

If you will look closely you will see why. Stealth is not about blowing up a bomb 50m away and then going around killing infantry in the light of a fire. It's about not doing those things unless it's 100% safe.

If you manage to get spotted at night - you are doing something very wrong.

As for your "tall grass" complaint

http://i.imgur.com/dCRUD.jpg

Left screen = 25m out, right screen 50m out. We are on the same ground level. I still can perfectly see both crouching and prone soldiers in "tall" grass. But AI should be blind?

I always thought tall meant this: http://www.blackfive.net/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/19/69411.jpg

Not this: http://www.eyeonkansas.org/images/ncentral/riley/0602TallgrassSoldiers.jpg

Edited by metalcraze

Your complaints are that AI works as a team and grass doesn't stop bullets so maybe your understanding of reality is different from the common one?

Like in reality people don't see themselves from behind like in that video?

Unrealism is my problem.
From what I saw in the video they don't just come killing you. They come to a general area of explosion. You just stay too closely to it so it looks like they are homing on you.
I saw it over and over.
Why would BMP that totally knew where you are come to your position when it could've just perfectly shot you from 200+ m out? Instead they come looking for you and you prefer to run around so naturally eventually you'll get noticed.
Thats not the issue I have, the officer shot 4 times in the back (sorry dude) and getting help was the issue.
From what I saw you unloaded quite a few bullets into AI without killing him (and some even missed) and even then BMP came and didn't kill you. It came to his general location to look for you. Saying "under fire" takes a second.
It unclear as to whether i killed him with the initial shots or whether the 3 subsequent shots were necessary. I was using very clear headphones and was using a computer monitor to witness that, not watching a blurry-as-hell video.

Well you blew up your satches while being within 100m away from them (meaning you are well lit up) and then complain that soldiers see you? And then what's worse - you go guns blazing in a stealth mission - and complain that you get spotted?

Theres no way the soldier would have seen me in real life. Notice that i switch to first person to show how concealed i am. btw: I don't usually play in 3rd person, i just used that to show what was going on.
Man the only thing you don't do in that video is holding a flashing sign over your head "shoot here".
Really, so what would you say was my worst mistake, ie, where did i give myself away? Note: those are 4 different missions if you didn't realize.
In your video which is mostly third person it's clearly seen that grass never conceals you and you are perfectly seen lying in it.
Its obvious then you didn't watch the video, im in a bush. Did you watch the video? Did you see them instantly shoot me 1 second after i touched off the bomb while i was completely concealed by grass and a bush?
And how you should aim through it in first person is your problem.
Its one of them thus far, thats right.
Find a better position? Push the grass down in front of you (which obviously will provide even less concealment). Obviously if something covers your eyes it's harder to see through. I thought you liked realism?

So now your turn.

Do you even play this game?
You should've watched the video first before making your own comment - learn a few things from it.
Pfft, really? Really dude? I watched your video already. But already know that the A.I. have very limited vision, which is realistic in some cases and not in others. The A.I.'s lack of response is not surprising, im very careful when i do missions for real. But after a couple missions knowing that i wasn't detected because the A.I. have very poor vision, that gameplay gets boring. I'm looking for REALISTIC BEHAVIOR.
Stealth is not about blowing up a bomb 50m away and then going around killing infantry in the light of a fire. It's about not doing those things unless it's 100% safe.
Stealth is about not being seen, period. It doesn't matter what the situation is. In a sandbox world, there are going to be many crazy situations, if there are players that is. If BIS is promoting non-kill stealth missions, that fine and im all for it, but tell us that then.
As for your "tall grass" complaint

http://i.imgur.com/dCRUD.jpg

That is absolutely not the type of situation im talking about. I'm talking about situation where you shouldn't be seen by the enemy. lol. Holy S dude, your going to make this a long conversation aren't you.

Edited by Libertine

Here is the problem: A Ferrari that won't suddently burst into flame in a hot summer day is not a proper Ferrari

Hey Libertine, I read the first page and it seems your impression of the AI is mostly based on Briggs' videos.

We at 6th use not only ACE but also other scripts that increase the AI their capabilities and we play on veteran mode all the time, yes we get our asses kicked most of these times, but that is not just because of the AI their skills, we just suck aswell. ;)

Most of our missions are made in a few minutes, so no chance to actually properly balance the enemies out against us. Some of Briggs' vids show a 4 man team taking on a whole city, this is because we expect more people to show up AND we always just place some enemies and are more frustrated when we succeed easily than fail hard.

Hope this clears up some stuff about the AI, but I also see you are facing off against them yourself now.

As a final note, I don't think we've ever had situations where we were spotted by AI in a way none of us thought possible. Yes we try to avoid the woods, but that is still more part us just not being all too deep in the game world scanning around properly than it is AI's supposed xray vision.

watched the vid, the first attempt was pretty BS, i will admit. But from the last 3 attempts, you were spotted because you were moving your whole body around rapidly (as well as rapid head movement). The AI has a much MUCH higher chance of seeing you when you start doing 360's and cartwheels in the bushes/grass. I have been in much closer encounters with the AI after they have been alerted and I manage to loose them by keeping my body perfectly still, and moving the head extremely slowly to look around.

But heres what you did wrong:

1. You move too fast when in hiding: move with your head, and do it SLOWLY.

2. You stay in the same spot, forever. When the AI were alerted, they all split up and started looking around for enemy contact, you managed to hear the voice of one of them, but he was alot closer than you think he was, he just managed to get within a good 10 metres of that bush (probably on the other side of it) noticed you and opened fire. RELOCATE every couple of minutes. If you dont see anyone, you crawl fast and from bush to bush, until you can find a safer position.

3. Don't move in a line: It just makes it easy for the ai to predict your path of travel. Stagger your movements, do a large 180 arc to confuse them, and remain inside the area.

Understanding the AI just takes a matter of time and patience. Using bushes and grass works against the AI in this game, but it isn't the main form of concealment you should be using. Hiding under pine trees is the best hiding spot against the AI, because its pines cover 360 around the trunk, provide viewblock, and give you some better line of sight.

Just some food for thought.

Thats not the issue I have, the officer shot 4 times in the back (sorry dude) and getting help was the issue.

Mind you that's not all. The killed AI may be a member of a larger squad which was spread to look for you. AI leaders regularly poll their squads for dead/alive members ("report status"). When somebody doesn't respond he is assumed dead and then you have reinforcements coming. Actually I think this is your case here.

Theres no way the soldier would have seen me in real life.

Why?

Its obvious then you didn't watch the video, im in a bush. Did you watch the video? Did you see them instantly shoot me 1 second after i touched off the bomb while i was completely concealed by grass and a bush?

No, give me the precise time. I didn't sit through all 15 minutes just to see a single second of an issue.

Do you even play this game?

No I photoshopped my videos.

But you can't answer the question as I understand?

Pfft, really? Really dude? I watched your video already. But already know that the A.I. have very limited vision, which is realistic in some cases and not in others. The A.I.'s lack of response is not surprising, im very careful when i do missions for real. But after a couple missions knowing that i wasn't detected because the A.I. have very poor vision, that gameplay gets boring. I'm looking for REALISTIC BEHAVIOR.

Dude 5 seconds ago AI had radar vision, could see you through bushes and grass even during pitch black nights and now it has poor vision?

Make up your mind.

Stealth is about not being seen, period. It doesn't matter what the situation is. In a sandbox world, there are going to be many crazy situations, if there are players that is. If BIS is promoting non-kill stealth missions, that fine and im all for it, but tell us that then.

I blew up half of a base and yet I didn't get killed. Why?

I used max skill AI. By your logic they should've whacked me the moment I pushed the satchel trigger.

That is absolutely not the type of situation im talking about. I'm talking about situation where you shouldn't be seen by the enemy. lol. Holy S dude, your going to make this a long conversation aren't you.

You said you shouldn't be spotted in the tall grass. I simply showed you that there's no such thing as tall grass in ArmA. And if I can see a soldier lying in a grass, so does AI.

Here's another video for you:

Here you can see me attacking the convoy in a Bomberman mission remake from OFP. During a broad daylight. I blow it up. I kill infantry. I don't get killed (even though a dude survives and later runs behind bushes, where I kill him while not seeing him - you can see him running at 3:06 - I must be having radar vision). Not spotted right away even - and I'm not even really concealed. By your, now initial, logic I should've been spotted and killed the moment I blew up convoy.

Dude and I'm really really mediocre at this game.

Edited by metalcraze

With default AI, a squad won't care if there is an explosion. If they see friendly units getting killed, they will probably react accordingly, and with certain waypoints (or scripts embedded in the mission) will go to investigate. Then they see you because you stink at hiding.

The intimation that the designers somehow coded information cheats for the AI in this situation is demonstrably false.

Here are 4 examples of what i encountered. The first is the worst i saw, i was shot instantly after detonating a satchel. The last one (4 of 4) is NOT the worst, just what i got while i was trying to record. I saw worse as far as shooting a soldier with a suppressed weapon away from other soldiers. Almost everytime nearby soldiers without night vision would be alerted or worse, soldiers in noisy, running BMP's, all they all having a conference call? I was able to get away with it one time, there was a stone wall or houses between him and other soldiers, i wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I watched your video earlier and replied on youtube. Every situation was absolutely normal, believable and realistic.

Now, I agree, in real-life you probably wouldn't have been shot so fast because the gunner would have been surprised, and possibly blinded by the blast. But a computer game is not going to simulate these small human details, unless it is a dedicated nighttime ambush simulator. The bottom line is, you were lit up by an explosion at close range, in plain sight, with a powerful night vision optic already trained in your direction. Curtains.

And FYI, information on your position in shared inside a squad and between groups that have access to radios. Once a soldier equipped with NVGs spots you, he communicates your position perfectly to non-NVG comrades (admittedly, this is a flaw that comes from getting AI to mimic humans who possess eyeballs instead of probability charts.). Also, I doubt the game simulate the effect of a loud vehicle engine drowning out other sounds. Something like that sounds simple but requires hundreds of man hours to code, optimize and test, for a feature few will notice.

I hope they keep sneaky bastards in mind when they're developing the A3.
All I can really say is, try using actual stealth tactics instead of lying in the middle of fire-lit open fields surrounded by enemies and trying to shoot people.
How does one shoot through grass, accurately, in first person? I get shot way before i see the enemy in the "defend locations" missions.

The grass sprites in ArmA don't block AI vision (although they make it less likely that you will be seen). It is a technical limitation that is difficult to tackle and a major problem with the gameplay and realism overall.

Actually the grass sprites don't make a player less likely to be seen either.

From what Suma said ArmA uses grass height approximation. Basically there are areas in between air and ground where AI can't see anything which simulates grass for AI's "eyes".

And it actually works - AI that lies down in a grass often can't see anything just like human, but a standing human will be able to see him and shoot him without being spotted.

Because if a myth about all-seeing AI was true - an average firefight in a grassy field would've lasted 5 seconds, not several minutes.

Actually the grass sprites don't make a player less likely to be seen either.

From what Suma said ArmA uses grass height approximation. Basically there are areas in between air and ground where AI can't see anything which simulates grass for AI's "eyes".

And it actually works - AI that lies down in a grass often can't see anything just like human, but a standing human will be able to see him and shoot him without being spotted.

Mind linking that post? Because if I'm not mistaken, any viewblock mechanic related to grass is an innovation added with the more recent beta patches, and a very incomplete one. While the grass directly around you may hide you in some way, there are video on youtube demonstrating that the AI can see through opaque areas of half-meter grass in-between the shooter and the target.

Ah. Guess I've been out of the devheaven loop for a while. Awesome news.

But does the AI pinpoint your position in grass if you are hidden but engaging other targets?

From what I understand (and seen when playing) detection rules are the same as for bushes, walls and other concealment. Make too much noise/movement/muzzleflashes and you get spotted.

AI also seems to be preferring a prone position less now (because grass obscures the view much more).

Edited by metalcraze

My first year in ArmA taught me never to rely on grass (probably resulting in more lifelike behavior), so I haven't really noticed any change. But I guess I did have a problem getting people to engage me yesterday. I could see them, but they would shoot. Maybe it was the grass.

It is exceedingly difficult to get AI to engage you through 100% viewblock bushes, even you start shooting.

On the other hand, even if you use the hideobject command (invisibility cheat) and start shooting, the AI will "see" you.

I think BIS nerfed AI when it comes to bushes. It isn't that you stay behind the bush and shoot and they don't fire back.

It's that the moment you run behind a bush - they stop shooting. I've noticed this on multiple occassions. Sometimes I even rolled behind a nearby bush - and bullets stopped coming. So I could just roll left and right to avoid being shot. They weren't giving the player this kind of a free ride even back in OFP.

Creating a repro mission is difficult though but I guess I can try doing it some time.

That doesn't relate to the bush itself, but the flawed target projection system the AI uses. When you run behind the bush, the AI thinks that you run out the other side at the same speed and heading, even though they have line of sight to the projected where you clearly are not. Nevermind the repro mission, I already have one.

Do you have a CIT ticket for this then? I will vote.

I know of no ticket. But let me know if you want the perceived position script for an easy repro.

Mind you that's not all. The killed AI may be a member of a larger squad which was spread to look for you. AI leaders regularly poll their squads for dead/alive members ("report status"). When somebody doesn't respond he is assumed dead and then you have reinforcements coming. Actually I think this is your case here.
Yeah, it could have been a number of things if we consider all the possibilities. Perhaps he was having a call with his grandma, his grandma heard that he was shot, then emailed the Army Hq who sounded the silent alarm with in invisible flashing lights that only they can see... :rolleyes:
Why?
Because it was night, they had no night vision and i was concealed enough, visually, from a human perspective. As a kid, i used to sneak around the neighborhood on summer nights with a couple friends, in full camo with a paintball gun and we'd shoot cars and do other [regrettable] stuff. We'd try to hide from everyone, which made it hard in a crowded area, but we did it. I did that a lot... i mean like every other night, im no stranger to sneaking around. I've had tons of people walk right past me. I've had a police officer shine his flashlight on my back which was slightly exposed, just waiting for him to notice me. I know what the capabilities of human vision are and i myself have 20/20 vision.

No, give me the precise time. I didn't sit through all 15 minutes just to see a single second of an issue.

Are you telling me we just had a conversation about the video and you didn't even watch it? Your not even paying attention to this conversation. I keep having to re-explain stuff to you i've already said.
Dude 5 seconds ago AI had radar vision, could see you through bushes and grass even during pitch black nights and now it has poor vision? Make up your mind.
Its made up, you haven't been following along. I already explained the radar vision problem where the ai would detect me from far away instantly while prone was ACE, which i un-installed.
I blew up half of a base and yet I didn't get killed. Why?

Because at night, when the A.I. have very basic vision. But if something happens, the whole army comes down on you with no indication of how.

I simply showed you that there's no such thing as tall grass in ArmA.

lol, you should try playing this game more often. I see tall grass. ENOUGH TO F'ING HIDE ME (EVEN FROM FLIR), all over the place.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I watched your video earlier and replied on youtube. Every situation was absolutely normal, believable and realistic.
The grass sprites in ArmA don't block AI vision (although they make it less likely that you will be seen). It is a technical limitation that is difficult to tackle and a major problem with the gameplay and realism overall.

Thank you for answering your own comment, that saves me a hell of a lot of time. Even if you saw 1 of 4 in a super-unrealistic movie and the audience composed of veterans of war, they would all be confused and that should go without having to say so.

Edited by Libertine