Sign in to follow this  
norsu

Major issue with multiplayer

It does, ty. That was exacly my misconception.

I now understand better the reason for the ticket you mentioned too.

At least MP scripting/mission making should be made much easier !

Currently its very time consuming to learn all this stuff...

Im sure there are lots of people who can do total fine SP missions and want to play them with their buddys but then the fun starts and you can get quickly bored with all those things (Hosted/Dedicated, JIP and locality).

Not everyone is a great scripter & most dont have the time to learn all this stuff so a "simple MP editor" would be great.

Something where you can quickly and without much time consuming learning and try&error testing build some MP missions.

Also, BI should provide a much better editor documentation + more "build in" options for Respawn/Spectator...tasks,spawning and healing...

At least MP scripting/mission making should be made much easier !

Currently its very time consuming to learn all this stuff...

Im sure there are lots of people who can do total fine SP missions and want to play them with their buddys but then the fun starts and you can get quickly bored with all those things (Hosted/Dedicated, JIP and locality).

Not everyone is a great scripter & most dont have the time to learn all this stuff so a "simple MP editor" would be great.

Something where you can quickly and without much time consuming learning and try&error testing build some MP missions.

Also, BI should provide a much better editor documentation + more "build in" options for Respawn/Spectator...tasks,spawning and healing...

You can play your own missions and even campaigns without problems without a dedicated server as long as you keep the player count small...tried with 4 and it works good.

I'm not very good at scripting, but I can build a simple, yet good, MP mission in the editor in about 10 minutes. Adding in various objectives is possible without scripting.

I'm not very good at scripting, but I can build a simple, yet good, MP mission in the editor in about 10 minutes. Adding in various objectives is possible without scripting.
Right, since ArmA features a real A.I. all you need to do is drop down some units with waypoints ending in a guard waypoint and add a "guarded by" trigger all with large radius...mission will play out different every time.

Sure, if you use some already done scripts and just put them into the new mission folder...change some things (names ect.) and done.

What i mean is:

• Open the editor
  • Place the player units
  • Select a US-Base object (where you will respawn, vehicles and ammo will be there)
  • Costumize the Base Object with a few clicks (type of respawn/vehicle count, healing system you will use).
  • Select a task (object) and place it somewhere or select "random placement".
  • Customize the task (what type, enemy faction, enemy spawn radius, difficulty level (type of enemys)).
  • Done !

All should be done inside the editor, without the need to edit or build scripts.

There is already a MP editor with templates (Death-match ect) so why not make some improvements to it so you can build "real" mission quickly and without scripting ?

Sure, if you use some already done scripts and just put them into the new mission folder...change some things (names ect.) and done.

What i mean is:

• Open the editor
  • Place the player units
  • Select a US-Base object (where you will respawn, vehicles and ammo will be there)
  • Costumize the Base Object with a few clicks (type of respawn/vehicle count, healing system you will use).
  • Select a task (object) and place it somewhere or select "random placement".
  • Customize the task (what type, enemy faction, enemy spawn radius, difficulty level (type of enemys)).
  • Done !

All should be done inside the editor, without the need to edit or build scripts.

There is already a MP editor with templates (Death-match ect) so why not make some improvements to it so you can build "real" mission quickly and without scripting ?

today's generation....instant gratification...

PS: i do agree with making it easier to make simple missions, while keeping all the advanced stuff for more complex and more ambitious users and their missions

More importantly for me, having the modules work in MP properly this time around