Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

PopUp targets with thermal properties

Is it possible to script Popup targets with thermal properties for use on Armor and Aerial ranges, and how would one go about actually scripting it?

Thermal images are texture-based, so it's not something that could be accomplished via script, as far as I can tell.

However you could have 50 enemy soldiers without weapons run across your front in single file 20 meters apart and fire at them.

For that matter you could use rabbits and chickens too - a smaller target requires more accuracy.

However you could have 50 enemy soldiers without weapons run across your front in single file 20 meters apart and fire at them.

For that matter you could use rabbits and chickens too - a smaller target requires more accuracy.

Is there a way to "lock" soldiers in place to have them act more like targets?

Is there a way to "lock" soldiers in place to have them act more like targets?

removeallweapons this; this disableai "move"; this setunitpos "up";

Thermal images are texture-based, so it's not something that could be accomplished via script, as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to force the thermal texture on vehicles that don't have their engines on?

Okay.

First of all, the 'thermal texture' is a map of the different rates at which different parts of the model heat up under a few different sets of circumstances. It has nothing to do with the base temperature of a model. The temperature changes with the sun, motion through moving parts, whether the engine is running or not (or metabolism), and use of the weapons.

Here is what's known about manipulating a unit's TI properties:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVehicleTiPars

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/OA:Config_Changes#CfgVehicles

• htMin
  • htMax
  • afMax
  • mfMax
  • mFact
  • tBody

Some experimentation would be required to figure out what each of those do. You can compare ingame values with each other on http://browser.six-projects.net/

After you figure out what the scripting command wants with the very vague explanation, I would just dump numbers into it and see what happens. Good luck!

Edited by Max Power

Ah, good stuff, thanks Max!

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

arma2oa2013-05-2420-00-36-91_zps4b0f9e97.png

I used this code in the init of each tank:

this setVehicleTiPars [];

The array expects three params, according to what I've found. The picture shows all permutations using values of 0 and 1 except for [0,0,0] which is full dark.

As you can see, there are just three basic "looks", but I haven't tried other values between 0 and 1 yet.