Craig_VG

[TvT/FFA/CO-40] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Out of curiosity, will this mod be ported to Arma 3? iirc day Z was going to get ported over but its getting alot of support from bohemia too -.- this is infinitely better than day z even with its flaws imo

no offence but personally I wish people would stop going on about ArmA3.

As far as we know its not arriving til 2013.

That means plenty of time to enjoy and explore ArmA2 to its fullest.

Sorry for the rant I just hope that the current 'lets wait for ArmA3' comments doesnt rub off on the mission makers and devs - if so then ArmA2 will die.

I would like to think that Craig and the other talented guys keep building for the present version (and I think the missions etc should be 'similar' to port easily)

Out of curiosity, will this mod be ported to Arma 3? iirc day Z was going to get ported over but its getting alot of support from bohemia too -.- this is infinitely better than day z even with its flaws imo

Hey

I hope it all so gets ported

I cant wait for the latest fixes and an ACE2 version it will kick ass.

Me and me mates use it with ACE2 all ready but ha;f the ACE2 gear is missing and there is no CSW etc etc.

As for this being better that DayZ not sure I prefer DZM at the moment but if DayZ gets all the bugs fixed etc I think it may over take DZM.

The reason I like DZM more at the moment is I can host my own server,it has more weapons and gear (though I do like the lack of stuff in Dayz as it makes finding the weapons etc much more rewarding when you do) etc.

Any ways I am still looking forward to the next release I cant wait :)

Real happy to see this is still being worked on.

Just looked on Dev Heaven for this mission and its at 82% last week it was on 72% so real chuffed OP has not gave up.

Thanks

Give up? No way Jose. Big things may be/are ahead of us.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

This is great to hear thanks so much for this awesome mission.

All the best

Great stuff :)

need to go build bases :)

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

OK I hope someone can help, getting preturbed.

Tried to run the 1.0 testing version tonight and had some problems.

Generally Zeds almost running on the spot.

Now I imagine this is some kind of server lag but thought I'd fixed this before by tinkering with the arma.cfg

Also lots getting kicked and banned tonight.

So I guess my questions are threefold.

1. Any suggestions as to why all of a sudden the game lags real hard and zeds are moonwalking.

2. Any suggestions for editing the ArmA.cfg (or server config) to allow smoother gameplay bearing in mind the amount of AI in this mission

3. are there any other reasons why people are getting kicked / banned or is this just down to Battleye connection errors?

Hope someone can help

is there still no fix for the moveable objects error? "i cant move objects when i host, if i host on another pc and join it works however either way i cant be host and pick up/move objects?"....

~Cheers

Ive never had a problem yet with moving objects tbh.

If you give them some time the menu does appear.

I usually 'initialise' the menu on a vehicle firest (load menu) then give it a few seconds and it will appear when facing any object.

Did a bit more testing with zombies walking through objects last night.

Not conclusive but it seems zombies have an easier job passing through objects if they intersect an existing object in the universe - say a wall or house etc.

yeh i tried that a few times even left it running for a while just nothing happens, like i said tried it on 2 pc's using 2 steam accounts and switching them about whoever was the host could not move objects i have never tried a dedicated server as i am clueless when it comes to all of that any thoughts could help ?

cheers

Interesting about the zombies walking through objects.

For me this is one of the big game killers becasue as it stands there is no point in having all the cool objects to build a base if the zeds will just walk right through them.

I am sure it will get fixed and when it does will lead to some fun base building :) and when ACE gets implemented WOW is all I can say we can have CSW ontop of the base we build and have some real cool over watch going on.

joshy145

Im running a dedicated server name [OAP] Zombtards

IP 109.70.148.73:2314

This is running the 1.0 testing version - give it a try and see if you can move objects on there - if not guessing its some syncing problem with client I imagine, never had a problem moving stuff myself.

skt2008

I'm kind of getting a ssytem when I place things now, just make sute they dont intersect existing world objects and 'seems' to work - its hit and miss.

TBH Im finding that by the time I have a base built, even a small one - I've killed every zed in the area which makes it kind of pointless.

Also when the barriers do work the zeds just stand there with their hands behind their sides looking at you.

Would be awesome if they tried to climb over or something - kind of ruins any immersion.

! am running 20 per km as any more and get massive lag still.

Tijai

i have no problem when joining other servers moving objects is fine i have created anoter server on a pc here and joined it and been able to move objects

whichever pc i hosted on only the host was unable to move objects etc.

i have joined as turnbull on ur server

thanks

So what you guys are saying is that on a listen server (you host it on your computer) you cannot use the object moving around feature?

And is lag actually worse than .95?

Not sure if there was any major improvement in lag from 0.95 to 1.0 test, but the lack of being able to place objects when hosting is due to zombies eating your cpu/gpu/whatever is required to run the mission entirely (or maybe arma 2 is just THAT bad towards hosts). When I host I'll be able to move everything around until the lag from 30+ minutes of gameplay sets in (even with zombies at 10 per KM), beginning to wonder if the lag is caused by zombies or by the number of players in a match, or both. --- For joshy145's problem, It's probably a computer hardware issue. I only know of one person HOSTING (non-dedicated) this mission that claims the lag isn't bad enough to be game killing (10 fps), and they said they run a quad-core 3.4 GHz or higher CPU, solid-state drive (SSD), stupid amount of RAM, etc. (higher end rig)

** Not saying your computer is bad, saying the mission is extremely taxing on alot of people **

Edited by lawl0059
Clarification

hmmm i am running the 0.95 and yes only when i host listen server i would also agree that maybe its somthing to do with my pc however i tried it on another pc when i host on that one i cant move objects the pc specs i usually host on are "AMD FX 4100 Quad-core processor 3.60GHz, amd radeon HD 6700 series 8gig ram 64bit op system"--is this not enought?

Thanks for the replys

Not sure if lag is any worse , I dont believe so.

would be interesting to know how the zombie spawns are set up.

Do they exist only when a player enters an area?

or do they all spawn when the game starts?

sometimes I notice the (server) lag gets better as the game goes on

Could this be that the game is creating objects still and 'activating' zeds by being in the area just chokes things up until everything has spawned?

If there is more info or specific gameplay tests you would like us to try Craig, please list - would be happy to help how I can.

So what you guys are saying is that on a listen server (you host it on your computer) you cannot use the object moving around feature?

And is lag actually worse than .95?

Idk if you reuploaded a newer version of the test version 1.0 since I tried it, but when I hosted a listened server last time I could move objects just fine. Tho it takes a while for all the menus (to enter cars, view vehicle content, move objects etc) to actually load. But once they are loaded they worked fine.

Tho if you reuploaded a newer test version than the one I used I have no idea if its broken or not.

And imo the lag is WAY worse than in .95, like everyone gets really low fps even if there's only 2 - 3 ppl on, even if they stay grouped. (Again, on the version of the test version I have. I think it is the one you released with fixed weapons in buildings so all clients could see them as well and fixed the logistics placement.)

I was running v0.95 when i was unable to move objects as of yet i have not tried "v1.0test". I am not the only one having these problems, talked to others online whilst hosting and they had the same issue. I have a feeling it would work if i started a dedicated server yet i have no idea how to set one up with server config etc - when it comes to tht i am useless

cheers

Joshy, tbh theres not much point running a dedicated server and your client on one machine.

Just causes too much CPU stress, tho might be ok for testing purposes - just expect more lag.

Most of the dedis out there (like ours) are using 100M lines and are dedicated to just running the servers.

You can easily set up a dedi on your own machine if you want to try it by running the ArmA2OAserver.exe in your game directory.

Look at some of the many guides available such as

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

TBH tho running client as well might not be worth it.

So, which v.95 is it? A2? OA? CO? Cus last time I checked, the v95 CO works fine

Hey guys, the testing version has been updated with some changes:

http://bit.ly/DZStesting

The one thing I want you guys to test is the "start together" option in the parameters when choosing the way you will spawn. Instead of just starting everyone at the center position of the island, it now picks a random town, and all the players start there. You should also respawn there.

Respawning should work better now, so you shouldn't respawn in water on Utes.

Note: testing version is only for A2 CO users, doesn't work for OA or A2/A2F

Thanks,

Craig

Thanks Craig will upload asap.

Before start together always ended up in Novy.

Any change to the roadmap on this one?

Holy crap an update I got to test me this for sure.

Thanks matey for the mission I will give feedback as soon as I get it on me dedi and I can get some friends together