Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 RC #3 (Release Candidate)

Nice catch there. :)

Looks like the Arma2 installer is looking at the wrong registry key. Hopefully an easy fix.

In case it helps, are the directory listings for dta and addons in my Operation Arrowhead folder. I also added a text dump of the relevent registry entries.

Edited by Dwarden

You are correct;

My Arma 2 addons and dta folders are untouched by the patching process.

In Arma 2 operation arrowhead folder I have new entries in both the Dta and addons folder. The addons folder here looks rather strange as well. It contains lots of .bisign files but hardly any .pbo files.

The patch also updates the Arma2.exe in the Operation Arrowhead folder rather than that in the Arma 2 folder.

It has in fact totally ignored the Arma 2 folder stucture even though the registry entry for Arma 2 is set to the Arma 2 directory.

i can't confirm this at all for STEAM and Desura distributions ... (they in separated folders including registry enties)

in fact for me the A2 patch refused to install and i must done it manually...

You sure You registry entries with paths are correct?

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

In case it helps, are the directory listings for dta and addons in my Operation Arrowhead folder. I also added a text dump of the relevent registry entries.

edit your exported registry man, You included "KEY" which contains Your product CD keys !

i can't confirm this at all for STEAM and Desura distributions ... (they in separated folders including registry enties)

You sure You registry entries with paths are correct?

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

edit your exported registry man, You included "KEY" which contains Your product CD keys !

All I can say is that it looks correct to me - everything points to where it should. Erm, yep, put the wrong version of my text dump onto the server :eek:

Ticketed the ARMA2 files issue at http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27071

Could be because your ARMA2 registry entries are not setup properly. This is a known problem caused by Steam (Install/Repair installation) and UAC.

If you launch the Steam Launcher with Admin rights, and then start ARMA 2 original just once, it will detect the A2 game properly again.

However if restarting the setup manually helps, this seems rather strange/unlikely too.

Perhaps there's more registry entries or variables than one that are used to determine?

Actually you might just be experiencing the same issue as Jedra and me: your OA installation receives the ARMA2 files, until you manually extract the 1.11 patch and run it seperately.

Edited by Sickboy

Extracting and running the Arma 2 patch installer from the RC3 exe does then patch Arma 2 correctly. My Addons and Dta folders within the Arma 2 structure now look as they should and the exe in Arma 2 was updated.

Things are a bit 'all over the place' now, so I will probably do a full reinstall before I patch up to 1.6 when it's official.

Updated the ticket with latest info! http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27071

Things are a bit 'all over the place' now, so I will probably do a full reinstall before I patch up to 1.6 when it's official.
You should be able to safely remove OA\addons and OA\dta, and OA\arma2.exe + arma2server.exe

Reinstalling is really not needed in this case ;P

Updated the ticket with latest info! http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27071

You should be able to safely remove OA\addons and OA\dta, and OA\arma2.exe + arma2server.exe

Reinstalling is really not needed in this case ;P

Yep - just compared against another client and that's all that got fubar'd. Deleted both of these folders, the Arma2.exe and Arma2server.exe from Arrowhead and I can still run in all different flavours of Arma using Six Updater.

Ticketed the ARMA2 files issue at http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27071

Could be because your ARMA2 registry entries are not setup properly. This is a known problem caused by Steam (Install/Repair installation) and UAC.

If you launch the Steam Launcher with Admin rights, and then start ARMA 2 original just once, it will detect the A2 game properly again.

However if restarting the setup manually helps, this seems rather strange/unlikely too.

Perhaps there's more registry entries or variables than one that are used to determine?

Actually you might just be experiencing the same issue as Jedra and me: your OA installation receives the ARMA2 files, until you manually extract the 1.11 patch and run it seperately.

STEAM/Desura registry entries for all projects are setup correctly

and i get none A2 files in OA because in my case the A2 is not patching at all (doing it manually afterward)

but we are investigating Your issue first cause it most likely leads to why it's not patching for STEAM/Desura users also :)

What I found was if there was an unpatched Arma2.exe (older than 1.11) in the arrowhead folder then the full patcher would attempt to patch, but in the arrowhead folder structure. If there was no Arma2.exe in the arrowhead folder (or it is already 1.11) then it would not patch Arma2 at all. Regardless, running the Arma2 patcher manually patches correctly.

What I found was if there was an unpatched Arma2.exe (older than 1.11) in the arrowhead folder then the full patcher would attempt to patch, but in the arrowhead folder structure. If there was no Arma2.exe in the arrowhead folder (or it is already 1.11) then it would not patch Arma2 at all. Regardless, running the Arma2 patcher manually patches correctly.
I can confirm, now our findings are equal to Dwarden's :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27071

BI's on it and have traced the issue.

it's most likely already fixed in next RC :)

it's most likely already fixed in next RC :)

Next RC is RC4?

Or is this bug related to RC2?

it's RC3 fix ... just resolving the ARMA 2 install

installed no probs connected and play 3 hours warfare on suiside server no issues except error regarding battleeye that I see first time

most of time screen refresh rate 75khz on my weak 3gb ram system and fraps at 50fps with all setting to normal or high incl aa and af.1280x1024 no memory leaks :)

http://youtu.be/xId5CgrX-iw

Edited by kotov12345