Sign in to follow this  
major_shepard

LEA - Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations and ACE 2

LEA 1.1 Update 1 Build 1.1.37 available from LEA Updater

=> Choose update after startup or select Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Added: error message when try to generate loadout scripts and mission folder does not exists.

Added: error message when LEA is launched without Administrator privileges on Windows Vista & Seven.

Fixed: @LEA, keys signature

Fixed: Make mission.pbo fails with large mission file size (corrupted mission.sqm, anormal pbo file size).

Fixed: loadout of AI playable units not properly initialized when loaded into choppers and planes.

Fixed: RH SMG, TDI vector weapons variants have bad magazines.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Just signed up for firstmost tell you that this is a great tool- albeit i had extreme difficulty getting started with it though

and I wanted to report a bug

I just have OA- but i noticed

When i first downloaded the first version of this- I could load a mission.sqm, and select a unit and put a primary weapon in his hands from a weapon menu, THEN, hit the on-back button to move it onto his back

I got the most recent version(before your post today), and tried EVERYTHING-

as SOON as i unchecked all the mods since i dont have any,the on-back button was greyed out- uninstalling and reinstalling then updating didnt help

I really wonder why that was taken away- it's always grey

I like these later versions since they work with OA backpacks

....any adviec? or am i doing it wrong xD

EDIT: I will try your latest version, and report back if it fixes it

ThX again- some of us. really hate scripting all the stuff in due to the implementation(I shouldn't be talking since i code a lot LOL), and you've done something arma should have made a bit...more...smooth, noob friendlly, etc- oh well

---The Phantasm

Edited by Phantasm
forgot to add this

The on-back button is disable because its a feature of ACE 2. You can't put a weapon, a ruck or whatever on back with vanilla ArmA 2 OA. Be also aware that ArmA 2 OA backpack give script error with ArmA 2 units and addons units base on it. This a ArmA 2 limitation.

The wound system and weight computation is also disable when ACE is unchecked in the Addon Manager.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Open a ticket for support at:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lea/issues

I need full details of your installation, LEA version, all running mod and version. Upload the profile that make error. Also be aware that LEA has only been tested with supported addons version described in the Wiki http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/joomla/wiki/index.php/2._Wiki_English . ACE dev version above 1.13 Stable are not supported.

Edited by Major_Shepard

The on-back button is disable because its a feature of ACE 2. You can't put a weapon, a ruck or whatever on back with vanilla ArmA 2 OA. Be also aware that ArmA 2 OA backpack give script error with ArmA 2 units and addons units base on it. This a ArmA 2 limitation.

The wound system and weight computation is also disable when ACE is unchecked in the Addon Manager.

Wanted to thank you for your quick reply- so all along, when I was looking at LEA< i hadn't realized that the back option didnt...exist in ARMA OA - or at least not like that

thanks for clearing that bit up

I'm curious on vehicles- I tried adding weapons to the cargo of Empty vehicles- and find that with the "updated" version, I cannot- However, someone can add any weapons they want to a vehicle's cargo by scripts(using the add weapon and add magazine commands ) - So I take it I'm doing something wrong?

? Or perhaps LEA as it is does not allow for adding weapons to a vehicle's a cargo?

-When I got the un updated version, it simply let me double click to add to what appeared to be the vehicle cargo area. Now nothing will move- so it appears Vanilla OA doesn't...let you move weapons? Or perhaps not in the way LEA works?

From all indications, the add- commands i mentioned would do it. Gah, I feel like a idiot.

Either that or I really don't fully understand LEA's capabilities despite going through the wiki details with a comb..

---------------------

==============

=============

After Extended messing around, I'm guessing that your previous answer has something to do with the issues i'm running into- as I cant get the vehicle button to un-grey.(for stock OA vehicles,empty, that I've assigned a name) In which case I missed whatever memo details what OA can;t do that the other things like ACE does.

\

It appears that adding weapons into cargo of vehicles doesn't work if ACE mod is unchecked into Addon Manager. Fix this into LEA 1.1.38 released soon.

After Extended messing around, I'm guessing that your previous answer has something to do with the issues i'm running into- as I cant get the vehicle button to un-grey.(for stock OA vehicles,empty, that I've assigned a name) In which case I missed whatever memo details what OA can;t do that the other things like ACE does.

\

The "vehicle" button is used to turn the loadout from a unit to a vehicle like and vise versa. It is only usable if LEA can't resolve what kind of unit you are dealing with. This may happen with unit/vehicle coming from addon (not OA, not ACE).

Edited by Major_Shepard

LEA 1.1 Update 2 Build 1.1.38 available from LEA Updater

=> Choose update after startup or select Check for Updates in the Help menu.

--- Changelog ---

Fixed: addition of magazines/weapons into vehicles cargo doesn't work when ACE mod is disable in the Addon Manager.

Fixed: ACRE PRC343 is not added into loadout from Preferences panel since LEA 1.1.

Fixed: error message "a refferal was returned from the server" with Windows UAC sets to High.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

@Phantasm: you should be fixed now with LEA 1.1.38 regarding vehicles loadout with ArmA 2 OA vanilla. Thanks for reporting.

Edited by Major_Shepard

The exe installer is NOT creating a LEA.pbo.bisign file along side LEA.pbo, thus even if a server has the appropriate bikey users will still get kicked (since the .bisign is the clients key). Military Gaming (and many others I am sure) cannot use this addon. This addon is great, however our organization will not endorse, support, and promote this addon until its implementation with appropriate working V2 signature keys is complete. Also as server operators we do not prefer to add keys which will allow other addons by that author/group to work. The intent on uploading a key is for it to work for only one specific addon.

This is a great addition to the game so I hope this simple situation can be resolved soon. I would be happy to officially endorse and then promote this project.

@Alderman: could you tell me what is a "V2 signature" ??? I'am basically a Java/C++ developer not a Guru addon maker like Robert Hammer or Sick Boy :D

LEA is supported by Team SoE-BWF-F27. All of them play exclusively tactical realism on their private server and just don't care about Server key and PunkBuster

and all that bullshit one can find on public server running Dominations.

If you want your own signatures for @LEA you are FREE to generate your own .bikey/bisign for your server/organization/whatever.

As mention in the GNU-GPL licence you are free to modify LEA and @LEA to suit your need.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Hey there :D

Is it somehow possible to make LEA drop an equipment/ammo crate in singleplayer instead of giving a certain loadout? (Or do both?)

Thanks & Greetings :D

Dani

Could be yes but I can't see the usefulness of this since you can switch your loadout without limitation in singleplayer with LEA.

Could be yes but I can't see the usefulness of this since you can switch your loadout without limitation in singleplayer with LEA.

I see, the loadout application option did not stay in my sp games recently, so the apply loadout option now stays instead of vanishing after 5 minutes? I must have missed that with the last patch of LEA then :D

If so, it´s of course not needed, thx for the nice Program! Merci bien! :D

-Dani

Check readme.txt file from @LEA folder if you get the 1.4 version. If not replace it with @LEA folder from LEA installation (1.1.38 currently).

@Alderman: could you tell me what is a "V2 signature" ??? I'am basically a Java/C++ developer not a Guru addon maker like Robert Hammer or Sick Boy :D

LEA is supported by Team SoE-BWF-F27. All of them play exclusively tactical realism on their private server and just don't care about Server key and PunkBuster

and all that bullshit one can find on public server running Dominations.

If you want your own signatures for @LEA you are FREE to generate your own .bikey/bisign for your server/organization/whatever.

As mention in the GNU-GPL licence you are free to modify LEA and @LEA to suit your need.

Yes we could create our own key, but this still creates the problem that the clients wanting to use @LEA on our servers must get the client key from us. This starts a wave of inconsistency and really more work that should ever be necessary. We are big in advocating for community consistency and cooperation.

Here is some info on signature keys from Dwarden. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118193-DSutils-v2-release-(signatures)

Edited by Alderman

Yes we could create our own key, but this still creates the problem that the clients wanting to use @LEA on our servers must get the client key from us. This starts a wave of inconsistency and really more work that should ever be necessary. We are big in advocating for community consistency and cooperation.

Here is some info on signature keys from Dwarden. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118193-DSutils-v2-release-(signatures)

Here you can find @LEA-1.4 with regenerated V2 signatures:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lea/files

could you make a test on your server and tell me what.

Hi folks

I have just installed Arma 2 combined operations on my computer. It's the download version where I have to install Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA seperatly.

I used to play with the mission editor in the old OFP days and looked forward to this with the new Arma 2 game. The Loadout editor looks amazing, but I can't get it to work like it should..

Here is how my folders are. Not sure if this is correct.

Arma 2 - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Arma 2 OA - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Lea - C:\LEA

@Lea - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@LEA

@Lea - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@LEA

@CBA - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA

@CBA_OA - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_OA

usercongif - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig

My unit only get ammo and no guns, when I make a loadout to my mission in the editor. The "On Back" button does also not work. I guess it has something to do with my problem.

I'm using LEA version 1.1 Update 2

I tried to make it work for hours yesterday, but it didn't help, so I ask all of you experienced guys if you can help an old OFP dude out.

Kraft, uninstall everything and install everything into C:\CO You'll be so happy you did. :)

ArmA 2 = install to C:\CO

ArmA2 OA = install to C:\CO

Lea installed to C:\Lea

@LEA = copy to C:\CO\@LEA

@CBA = copy to C:\CO\@CBA

You do not need @CBA_OA since you're running Combined Operations. _OA is if you're ONLY using OA and NOT A2 as well. userconfig should create itself in C:\CO

¡Congratulations!

I just used it and it was like "wow..."

My first reaction was "Why is not coming as default in the editor?"

Keep up the good work!

Wow, you really got my attention :)

As for a small feed-back (maybe it has been mentioned).

If I arm playable units only with pistols and their corresponding ammo, it won't fire.

I tried:

- various types of pistols and ammos (normal and SD)

- reloading

- droping and picking again the weapon.

Not a big deal, but just in case.