Sign in to follow this  
HomerPepsi

Steam Demo Looks like crap

Hi, I'm playing the steam demo, but the game looks like it has FADE kicked in and everything looks washed. Anyone else get this? Why would the demo have DRM?

what is the configuration you are playing it on, what OS, what gfx drivers and what ingame video settings?

Are you not flying outside of the Demo area (which has lower resolution terrain and lacks 3D objects)?

Are you not flying outside of the Demo area (which has lower resolution terrain and lacks 3D objects)?

Could be, the ground resolution was very high, the problem is this occurred where I spawned.

I will post screens tonight, as I am at work.

My Specs are:

Win 7 64bit

8 gb ram

Phenom II x4 965 black edition Oc'd to 3.6

AMD HD6950 (default clocks and unlocked shaders) 11.11c drivers

Did you tinker with the Video Memory? I made that mistake and had done that since Armed Assault apparently. FPDR

Check out all the setting, and what they mean, here under Video Options Guide.

Side note: I think perhaps BI should consider redesigning the setting menu (UI) for future games and/or perhaps add a warning sign (icon4.gif) that, while hovering over, explains what 'Video Memory' does.

I don't think I'm the only one that made that mistake. ;)

Make sure 3D resolution is at least at 100% and maybe disable postprocessing to get rid of blur and DOF.

If your settings are too high for the system it might still be reasonably fluid, but the LODs will not load properly. Lower viewdistance significantly to test this.