Sign in to follow this  
GFX707

Gfx707's mg pack released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ June 08 2002,21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have updated the pack to include both the m2 with prone gunner and also a mounted PK for the soviets -

MPK1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Yay! Nice job again GFX707! biggrin.gif

Check the link on his site.

GFX707-Your mg's seem to be lacking shadows. Please fix.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ June 08 2002,22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, the link for the mg pack is broken!  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem but I got it to download using a strange method. Ok I right clicked on the link on his addon page and selected "Copy shortcut". Then I pasted it on to my browsers address window. The URL is:

http://members.iomartdsl.com/~s.mcculloch/GFX707MGPack.zip

Ok then I hit and enter and I got the same problem. But here's the wierd part. I deleted the zip file from the URL so it read:

http://members.iomartdsl.com/~s.mcculloch/

At that point my browser (Explorer) automatically showed me the rest of the link just below the address box so I clicked on the complete one. Then it started downloading. Very strange. I compared both URL's and they were identical so I have no idea why that worked. sad.gif But checking out the DL'ed ZIP file it was indeed the new one with the PK on the tripod and the prone M2 gunner.

I'm going to give it a try right now.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've tried what you did and it didn't work sad.gif U had luck, i guess...

please go to the site rather than posting links. The 'p' in pack should be lower case, and for some reason the server doesn't like this entered as upper case. Go to the addons page to download it, the link works. Just press refresh if it still doesn't work

They had shadows when I tested them. I will fix this tomorrow as it is too late and I am tired today sad.gif

I have fixed the shadow problem. All MGs now have shadows biggrin.gif thanks for telling me about this

Nice new sig picture tounge.gif! Could you make me one with the same stuff in it saying: "Fortress l337 d3wd" or something? wink.gif

The resistance now get this -

MG42.jpg

MG42-2.jpg

I have put this into the MG pack along with some bug fixes

this version (v0.995b)

-fixed the PK sounds and made it an actual mounted PK rather than a .50 cal. It is just

like a normal PK now, except with a lot less recoil

- Added the MG42 for the resistance

- All MGs now have shadows

Hey man Im lovin the MG's Ive got a request and an error to report first of all the request is it possible to modle the Mark 19 grenade launcher and use the lay down animation and sandbags and then the error the Resistance AA gun doesnt seem to target and bad air guys even set to full skill. Lata, erfworm

first of all gfx i would like to say that these addons are amazing, and the best use of o2 to date. the m2 on a proper mount is something we have needed since the game was released. good work!!!

here are a few suggestions...

-the mg42 i would move the tripod mount further back to right near where the barrel jacket meets the reciever. i have never seen a mg42(or any other mg) mounted to a tripod that way.

- a larger more accurate tripod for M2

- you could put the pk and mg42, (ad possibly m60 and fn-mag) on a a tripod like the one you have but w/o the height. if you adjust the legs on your tripod so that you could use the prone rifle firing soldier model

- a correct 12.7 mg for east (if i had 02 it would be the first thing id make)

- US mk-19 and soviet grenade launchers

these are just suggestions, not demands ,requests or complaints. keep up the amazing work..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miss_Cleo @ June 11 2002,05:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">first of all gfx i would like to say that these addons are amazing, and the best use of o2 to date. the m2 on a proper mount is something we have needed since the game was released. good work!!!

here are a few suggestions...

-the mg42 i would move the tripod mount further back to right near where the barrel jacket meets the reciever. i have never seen a mg42(or any other mg) mounted to a tripod that way.

- a larger more accurate tripod for M2

- you could put the pk and mg42, (ad possibly m60 and fn-mag) on a a tripod like the one you have but w/o the height. if you adjust the legs on your tripod so that you could use the prone rifle firing soldier model

- a correct 12.7 mg for east (if i had 02 it  would be the first thing id make)

- US mk-19 and soviet grenade launchers

these are just suggestions, not demands ,requests or complaints. keep up the amazing work..<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I know the mg42 would attach to the stand that way, as that is where the bipod would also attach, but I am no expert. I will have a look for pictures

it is a NATO 7.62mm MG42 btw, they converted them after WWII

The PK is just that - a mounted PK. It uses the same ammo as a PK, etc. I will have a go at making a NSV but as I have said before I am no modeller so I can't promise anything.

I will also have a go at the MK19 but I am making addons for the East and Resistance most of all just now so the others will be done first

Tripod for MG42 and the newer MG3 looks like this.

88aa.jpg

It is also possible to take the normal bipod and move it down the barrel to a place around the last of cooling hole for the barrel on the underside.

Could you make this for resistance aa MG also  confused.gif

mg3_twin_aa.jpg

gah....I just don't like the way that thing looks. It's so ugly and I can't even begin to imagine how the gunner is supposed to get at the trigger with all that crap around it sad.gif

well he really dont pull the trigger. On the back there a horizontal piece of metal that he press forward and it presses the trigger via some poles and joint. It have a very high accuracy on this and even higher fire rate that normal. But you dont just turn it around but uses small steering wheels for angle and height. Would think it would be possible to use a tripod that you already made but the put it in the fastening point closer to the middle as descriped in my other post

Just tried the one you have made now and i most say great work on the model and nice to hear the correct sound. But a little request. smile.gif

PLEASE release it as a normal MG aswell with bipod down smile.gifsmile.gif

The model was not made by me, it is from Day of Defeat, a mod for Half Life biggrin.gif

I have moved the point where it attaches to the tripod as you suggested. The bad news is you have to redownload the pack to get the new version sad.gif

I have literally changed it 10 times since I uploaded it at first, so don't feel so bad

I know that mod i think its the best half life mod around biggrin.gif

Would it be possible to also make that model to a normal MG ( my little request) smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ June 11 2002,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that mod i think its the best half life mod around  biggrin.gif

Would it be possible to also make that model to a normal MG ( my little request)  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure, give me a little time though biggrin.gif

oh and btw, the muzzle flashes will probably be added to all MGs after Resistance comes out

edit - just because I had nothing else to do biggrin.gif I have added this to the MG pack

MG42S.jpg

MG42S2.jpg

Could you make one more to west and call it mg3 instead og mg42 smile.gif Its basicly the same weapon just different caliber.

Would be great with the Danish and German troops i got downloaded.

PS: wont ask for anymore after this tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

The MG42 model is awesome...but the sound is a little weird. Also, would it be possible to have an iron sight while you fire the MG?

Not criticising, just suggesting. smile.gif