Sign in to follow this  
abs

[Tutorial] How to make vehicle models for ARMA2 using 3DS Max

These tutorials are so great :D

Now i feel like starting making addons, thanks abs and all other who have shared these guides.

Regards astast

I'm glad you liked them! You can get the student version of 3ds max for free off their website. :)

Looking forward to seeing your first model.

Abs

I'm glad you liked them! You can get the student version of 3ds max for free off their website. :)

Looking forward to seeing your first model.

Abs

Thank you but i already have it, since i have wanted to make a model for ages but didn't know where or how to start, but now i do ;) and im even a real life student so all is good :D

Regards

Okay i have a question, When i want to make let's say a door and i want it to be one you can open should i make the model as one poly or a chassi poly and and a door poly?

Regards astast

they should be separate objects yes

they should be separate objects yes

Thanks a lot PuFu ;)

Regards astast

Is there a tool to align vertices in separate objects, it would be pretty nifty to do to make the doors/hood/trunk line up with the rest of the model :D

I know that you can position the vertices by using other vertices location but it's very time consuming and it would be nice to save some time on that kind of thing.

I'm using 3ds max 2012, just so you know what could help me ;)

Regards astast

Edited by astast

Hello, I need help with this Modeling. May you add me on Skype? My name is: Zfan388.

And how to insert the Models into the game?

Sorry for bad english im german. ;)

Hello, I need help with this Modeling. May you add me on Skype? My name is: Zfan388.

And how to insert the Models into the game?

Sorry for bad english im german. ;)

You can't just insert it into the game.

You need to export your model to a format that Oxygen 2 can load, when you have done that you need to make a few things like a geometry lod you will also need to make a config for it, you can use the search function for that :D

Best Regards

*EDIT*

Edited by astast

Can anyone post a complete detailed tutorial from using 3D Max to getting vehicle into arma2/OA?

Or if you can please a very simple crate or building like in opfset7.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

I'm actually working on something like this behind the scenes. His guides have been the most useful to the greatest number of people in the history of the game series. Unfortunately, I've moved on to Arma3, so I will be focusing the tutorials on that series.

Abs

thats good news Abs.

Arma 3 even better thanks.

I cant wait to see youre work

Hey Abs, quick question. Im trying to start modeling. my first project is going to be the M.U.L.E military transport by Lochead Martin. The first thing I need though is to know how to get 3DS Max 8. Hopefully cheap and up to date (not an old version).

Thanks Abs,

Crisp8239

You can get max free for non commercial use via students.autodesk.com. Latest version is max 2014 (max n16).

You can also try blender which is free.

I doubt you'll find a licensor or private user selling max 8 anymore tw

Hey I have a question guys as this tutorial is awesome, but some how even though I flip the polygons side I cant see through it as he can on the video. It just displays the texture on the other side as well. Any ideas how to fix it?

depends on backface cull option -> object property backface cull (tick it). in nitrous viewports(2012-2014), you have backface cull on for single sided materials.

Hi Abs, any plans to finish the tutorial? I know that it's been almost 3 years, but it'd be really appreciated if you could finish the tutorial or point me in the direction of a similar tutorial.

orite bud. when applying smoothing to the face on oxygen 2 can you use different groups like 3ds max does.