Sign in to follow this  
erna

slowly

Hello

Have just purchased your program Take on Helicopter, but has problems. It takes 6 minutes when I press the start icon I'm ready to fly and 4 ½ minutes when I finish the game. Also when I switch between missions, it takes very long time. Once the mission has started running it all OK. Windows Vista Processor 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphics card Geforce 9600 GT.

I have no problems with other programs. On my laptop, there are no problems and it has a worse graphics card.

Hope you can help

Sincerely, Dieter

Hi,

You might want to try defragmenting your hard drive (as long as it is not an SSD). ToH has to load a huge map and a lot of textures and it sounds like your drive may be fragmented.

Hi I have deleted the program, defragmented HD, which is 1TB with 400GB free plats, installed the program again, but it's the same proplem, this I did before I wrote on the forum.

Hi I have deleted the program, defragmented HD, which is 1TB with 400GB free plats, installed the program again, but it's the same proplem, this I did before I wrote on the forum.

The idea is to defrag the HD after you've installed the game, not before. Especially after installing the 1.02 patch, you'll see some fragmentation.

I recommend defragging after every patch.

Also, what kind of speeds are you getting with your HD? Since, you're defragging it, I assume it's not an SSD, so is it an old IDE or a newer SATA drive?

There was a similar issue in Arma 2 with loadtimes (although I think it particularly affect dual core systems). The solution there was to add the following to the command line when staring Arma2...

-[b][color=#000000]exThreads[/color][/b]=0

I am not sure if this is still valid for TKOH, but it is worth a try?

Defragmentation is scutched both before and after the install, even after patch 1.02. My HD is a 3.5 "SATA drives.

As I've written before, I have no problems with any other programs.

Among other things, Microsoft Flight Simulator (very demanding) Aerofly 5 (very demanding) and many more.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Hello Jedra What do you Komandolinie where it is. And what is TKOH

Excuse my ignorance but I am not a geek, I hope you can explain.

Researching språget can also make it Google translat:)

TKOH means Take On Helicopters ;) I prefer TOH tough :D

To edit the commandline you just have to right click on your TOH icon on your desktop, choose properties and then add this to the command line with a space character in front of -exThreads=0

TKOH = Take on Helicopters

The command line can be found in the desktop shortcut that you start the game with. Right-click on it and select "Properties" (or whatever the equivalent is in your language). You will see a few text input boxes, one of which should be labeled "Target" and will show something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Boheima Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe"

This is the command line, and it will of course differ depending on where you installed the game. Now you can edit this command line, mainly by adding parameters after it, for example adding what Jedra said:

"C:\Program Files\Boheima Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" -exThreads=0

Try it.

EDIT: fucking ninjas! :p

Hello Jedra What do you Komandolinie where it is. And what is TKOH

Excuse my ignorance but I am not a geek, I hope you can explain.

Researching språget can also make it Google translat:)

Hi,

TKOH = TaKe On Helicopters - it's just the short way of saying it!

As for the command line. You probably have a shortcut to TKOH on your desktop...

1. Right-click on the shortcut.

2. Choose Properties from the context menu.

3. Look for the line that says Target (or whatever the equivelant is in your localised language).

4. It will say something like "c:\games\Take On Helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" (it depends where you installed it).

5. To the end of this line add -exThreads=0

6. Click OK at the bottom.

7. Double-click the shortcut to run and see if it helps

I am not saying it will help, it was just a solution for the exact same problem with Arma2 and they use pretty much the same engine.

Lol - double ninja'd

i prefer TOH over TKOH ... cause it's shorter and less confusing :)

I right click the icon, press properties and there are 5 tabs-general shortcut compatibility, security and detail. When I translate to Danish target will also target forward. Is there another word for the target. I've seen it all through but can not see anything that lines the command line.

Unfortunately, stubborn no change:(

Unfortunately, stubborn no change:(

Hmm, do you have another hard drive in your machine you can install ToH to? Also, have you checked that there are no background processes being run at the same time (defrag, virus scan etc). Other than that I can't think of anything else that may be causing the issue. Is you graphics driver up to date (getting desperate now!)?

I have nothing running in the background, everything is off. I have an HD DRIVE 2 GO, try to install it, will only tendons in the evening, going into town with my wife now. No, mood is not so much more:(

If the HD DRIVE 2GO is a USB drive then don't even try - it won't be fast enough!

erna

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

When you make a new thread you must make sure it is descriptive. 'slowly' is too vague.

That said, I hope you find a satisfactory solution to your problem.

It is a Medion PC which has a slot in the top of the PC it's connected directly to the built-in HD. It should pose no problems.

OK I'll remember it headed

Now I install on second HD, also patch defrag og everything we've talked about, but unfortunately it is the same.:(

Now I install on second HD, also patch defrag og everything we've talked about, but unfortunately it is the same.:(

Can you post the full spec of your machine (motherboard, cpu, memory etc).

1. It's not the hard disk.

2. It's not corruption (you installed it three times and it works on another machine).

3. Probably not a fragmentation issue.

4. It's probably not the graphics card.

There has got to be something that is causing this problem.

Sorry I write so late, but there must also work once in a while.

Can not figure out how to send data over the forum, but IMail, it can be done.:confused:

Now I have yet found any data to you, hope you can use them

OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Version 6.0.002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

System Manufacturer MedionPc

Sysdemmodel MS-7502

Sysdemtybe X86-based PC

Processor Intel ® Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 Mhz4 Core (s), 4 L. ..

Bios Version Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 21-08-2008

SMBIOS Version 2.5

Windows-map C: \ Windows

SYSDEM-map C: \ Windows \ system32

Boot Device \ Device \ HarddiskVolume1

Locale Denmark

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"

Installed physical memory 4, ooGB

Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.44 GB

Virtual Memory 12.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 11.2 GB

Space for hand files 9.77 GB

File C: \ pagefiie.sys

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Main Table Micro-Star International co., LTD

Chipset Intel P35/G33/G31

Ram DDR2

Edited by erna

Hi Will just ask, have pinched me or has abandoned

Well, I am a bit stumped with this. You have tried everything I can think of. Your PC from what I can tell meets the requirements - I can't see why there would be such a problem with load times.

You could try adding the following switch;

-cpucount=4

see if this helps.

The last attempt does not, then probably nothing to do. I must speak with the manufacturer if there is a possibility that it can be returned. Do you know whom to turn to