Sign in to follow this  
robmypro

Just getting started...

Hey guys i just took advantage of the Steam sale and got the anniversary edition. I guess now is a bit late to ask, but how good is the latest patch and what is the current state? Is the general consensus that all the major issues have been resolved? I last tried A2 at patch 1.01. I updated it to 1.10.

How much progress did the boys make from 1.01 to 1.10?

Thanks guys.

I am still debating to buy them from steam myself, got an hr and 15mins to decide lol. where did you go to get the latest patch anyway? if i decide to buy Combined Operations

If you buy Arma 2 from Steam you must get any patches from Steam.

If you buy Arma 2 from Steam and later choose to buy Operation Arrowhead, you must buy both from steam or neither from Steam.

If you buy Arma 2 from Steam and later choose to buy Operation Arrowhead, you must buy both from steam or neither from Steam.

i bought the Combined Operations off steam earlier for the $15 sale. So you are saying the patches will download from steam automatically, instead of manually downloading them via the ARMA2 site?

both statements of Your are completely wrong, please unless You sure don't post this as it confuses other users ...

standalone patches for ARMA 2 games are universal and works for any distribution, so patching via STEAM is also optional ...

and

if someone buys ARMA 2 from STEAM he can buy ARMA 2: OA from any other distributor and service and then combine it into A2: CO w/o hasslle

note: the only limitation are DLCs for ARMA 2: OA where You must own A2: OA to be able buy these DLC (PMC, BAF) on STEAM

I just installed/downloaded Arma2 from steam. So did it download to the latest patch or I still have to go to the ARMA2 site and download 1.10. So confused :S

Go in-game, check the main screen (where the menu is with Single player, multiplayer, options, etc) and on the lower right or lower left you can see your game version.

But I think if you buy from Steam your game will be of the latest official version which is 1.10.

Just in case you didn't know, Steam has an option for automatic updates. I believe its... View --> Games Details. Then right-click on ArmA II and select properties. You should see a pop-up list with a tab... Updates ( giving you the option to keep it auto updated ).

Thanks guys. I am all patched up. Where do i start? Are there walk through guides for the training missions? And since i have A2 and OA do i start with A2 training? Is it co-op?

I would recommend you to start with the OA Training (Its better and more comprehensive then the Arma 2 training)

Then play the Arma 2 Training if you wish to. You should play a little bit with the Armory to see how the gameplay works, or you make some simple stuff in the Editor.

I would recommend you to start with the OA Training (Its better and more comprehensive then the Arma 2 training)

Then play the Arma 2 Training if you wish to. You should play a little bit with the Armory to see how the gameplay works, or you make some simple stuff in the Editor.

I really didn't like the training in A2 but in OA it is excellent. Thanks for the advice. I am up to helicopter training and really enjoyed it so far. In A2 i was getting killed from the beginning and never really got far with it. This is much better.

Thanks for the advice.

I really didn't like the training in A2 but in OA it is excellent.

OA's training was the result of a training lesson for BIS based on the training for A2 :)