Sign in to follow this  
SAGEA

Where is the simulation

Hi,

Where is the simulation:

Three to five buttons on the panel, gauges useless, etc ... still no Flyby! except the Hugue 500 the graphic quality of the other panels is poor. What is the difference with a helicopter in ArmA II. After months of waiting nothing, and no difference with the beta! We are light years of helicopter models on Xplane, FS2004 or FSX!

This is an arcade game, not a flight simulation

disappointed :mad:

Bye

Désolé pour l'anglais mais je suis français

Doesn't x-plane use some fairly generic gauges? Their scenery is abysmal too. I have X-Plane 9 and have to say I like this much better.

Got tired of the X-Plane ideas of if you want anything more than basic scenery, you have to buy it mentality. I wouldn't have a problem with this except the price. The price is like $20 to $30 for small areas. Nuts. Not a model we should be supporting.

As a minimum, they should at least do something with the airports, but they don't even do that. Tired of that product.

-X

Did you really expect a Hifi-Simulator when the basic game is Arma2?

Well, it might not be DCS, but it´s fun in my opinion.

What grieves me more is the relatively small amount of missions. Something like an EMS Story, a police story etc. would have been better.

What is the difference with a helicopter in ArmA II.

Well, if you can't see the difference I suggest:

a. to turn difficulty settings to expert

or

b. that you're just mad :confused:

What grieves me more is the relatively small amount of missions. Something like an EMS Story, a police story etc. would have been better.

No problemo, as in ArmA2 you'll play tons of missions made by the community. Usually much better than the Vanilla ones.

Bon Sagea, vous jouez en mode Expert, sans auto trim? Car oui les autres mode sont en effet arcade.. Mais le mode expert nous propose un modèle de vol "correct". Et ils sont en train de prendre en compte nos feedbacks pour l'améliorer.

Bon Sagea, vous jouez en mode Expert, sans auto trim? Car oui les autres mode sont en effet arcade.. Mais le mode expert nous propose un modèle de vol "correct". Et ils sont en train de prendre en compte nos feedbacks pour l'améliorer.

No French please.

Btw Sagea,

This game has never been marketed as a simulator. It is a GAME.

hi

SimWare simulation

"Features

Total Helicopter Experience - Both in the air & on the ground.

Authentic Flight Model - Incredibly realistic piloting experience."

Authentic Flight Model - Incredibly realistic piloting experience.

:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

No French please.

I "played" on Expert!

It better not compare the product with products like DCS KA-50, there will be a shock :eek:

bye

We are light years of helicopter models on Xplane, FS2004 or FSX!

Ahead of? Certainly FS2004 & FSX isn't nowhere near TAKOH. Maybe addons increases the experience, but so I think will be the case with TAKOH. Don't think I ever tried choppers in Xplane actually.

FS may have more switches and IFR capability, but leaves a lot to be desired for simulated flight. Also I found FS to lack a lot if finesse in it's capabilities. Why did you leave out Elite Pilot? I thought that was one of the more serious ones out there.

It better not compare the product with products like DCS KA-50, there will be a shock :eek:

bye

I played 100+ hours in Black Shark. I'm not shocked at all, actually.

Btw, it's marketed as "The brand new helicopter game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive" ;) But that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to have problems with the FM.

So any way, what are you biggest problems with the flight model? Can you elaborate a bit? Some important issues have already been addressed here though: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126712

Comparing the flight model with Arma 2 is just complete and utter bollocks and lowers your credibility in my opinion. Please give some constructive feedback if you don't like the FM. So there might be actually improvements in the future.

Yeah, I'm having a huge problem with the advertising of this product.... This is garbage as far as flight dynamics. At least some of the fsx addons feel like they have some weight behind them... I'm a real pilot and i was at least hoping to come close with all the hype about authentic flight modeling... Arcade crap.... I just wasted my money, not happy.

P.s. such a specifically devoted to helicopters title was bound to attract real pilots, they should have brought their A-game.... But shame on me I guess for falling for this

Hmm, I am sorry for you. But I always had the idea of not buying a "down to the last bolt" ultra-realistic simulation, but a entertaining spare-time killer with lots of actual game-elements. Like flying with a purpose, interacting with your environment, etc.

As with every game and every movie: If something is crap or pure gold depends more or less on your expectations.

(Says the guy with many flying hours in his "Black Shark"… :) )

Please give some constructive feedback if you don't like the FM. So there might be actually improvements in the future.

minimum avionics, radio, features opening upward and out of the winch, flyby views and dashboards identical to Hugh, flight models more realistic. € 35 it's cheap, but it is not worth more. Software released and still not finished.

Bye

PS : It would be nice too, that our friends at Bohemia Software believes non-English speaking people on the Forums, it did not add a section of French or other languages! Everyone does not write in the language of Shakespeare!

I understand what you are saying, but i feel that my expectations were based on the advertised " authentic" and "realistic" Buzz words... And it is neither. Maybe i did get my hopes too high... But if they left out those words and made it more clear about the level of realism I would not have purchased it.

I agree, if the term "arcade" was was clearly stated, I would not have purchased it.

I understand what you are saying, but i feel that my expectations were based on the advertised " authentic" and "realistic" Buzz words... And it is neither. Maybe i did get my hopes too high... But if they left out those words and made it more clear about the level of realism I would not have purchased it.
I agree, if the term "arcade" was was clearly stated, I would not have purchased it.

TOH certainly is authentic and realistic. The problem is that you're expecting it to have simulation equal to or greater than Black Shark's, and everything else is totally the opposite. By the way, why is flyby view so important if you're so much into realism? It's not realistic at all to see your own vehicle pass by.

PS : It would be nice too, that our friends at Bohemia Software believes non-English speaking people on the Forums, it did not add a section of French or other languages! Everyone does not write in the language of Shakespeare!

BI themselves are mostly Czech. They don't have the resources to accommodate an ex-lingua franca.

Edited by Celery

Boo Hoo! What's with all the whining? Get a grip people!! If it was more realistic most people here on the forum probably wouldn't be able to keep the bird in the air after take off. Just my perspective...

I agree that some thing should be improved, thou. If it's there it should be correct: e.g. asymetrical lift, ...

Thanks and now calm down...

BS was an example,but there was a real avionics !

FS2004 or FSX helicopters are poorly simulated, but X plane, the dynamic flight of some addons and avionics are very close, why not do the same

"Free" addon on X-Plane are more realistic than those of TOH!

All simulators worthy of the name have a Flyby View ...

for your viewing pleasure !

BS was an example,but there was a real avionics !

FS2004 or FSX helicopters are poorly simulated, but X plane, the dynamic flight of some addons and avionics are very close, why not do the same

All simulators worthy of the name have a Flyby View ...

for your viewing pleasure !

Besides just taking off, flying around and landing, what can you do with civilian helicopters in Black Shark or X-Plane? Oh right, Black Shark doesn't have civilian helicopters and X-Plane in its entirety is a lifeless sandbox with nothing to do. Compare that to the various things besides taking off, flying around and landing that you can do in TOH. That is what the game is about. There isn't really any competition for TOH at the moment, because no other game or simulator does the same, rather you can actually emulate pretty much all of the content of other civilian chopper games in TOH.

Edited by Celery

Because after a day long of switch flipping buttom pressing happyness and back bone breaking baby sitting of rust buckets I just want to sit on a chair and fly those rust buckets without worrying the switch flipping buttom pressing part of thing ?

Anyways, as stated by developer themself the focus for now is the general stability of the program, then the FM improvements.

Edited by 4 IN 1

If you compare the out-of-the-box FM from TOH with addons from another "simulation": Wait for the ArmA/TOH community to release some addons/mods and I promise, they will have great FM, realism and a lot more subsystem/switches (for example have a look at ACRE)

minimum avionics, radio, features opening upward and out of the winch, flyby views and dashboards identical to Hugh

But this really hasn't anything to do with the flight model. This has to do with the level of simulation. That's the difference between a "authentic" helicopter game and a flight simulator. A flight simulator wants to simulate every aspect, including the avionics, radio frequencies and whatever. It has always been clear that this would be not the case with TKOH. It was said that the start-up sequences were not like the real thing, but more abbreviated. It was known that you would only hear background sounds on the radio etc. etc.

I understand that you expect an authentic and realistic FLIGHT MODEL, the way the helicopter reacts to certain circumstances, because that is advertised. That's a valid expectation. However, in my opinion it's really invalid to expect high level of simulation in other non-flight model areas like avionics, radio frequencies etc. Because that level of detail is, for me, the distinction between authentic game vs simulator. TKOH tries to be an authentic game, not a simulator (on all the possible levels of simulation).

People who ask why all the whining:

When you buy something that promises authentic and realistic flight model, you expect to get that. When you realize you don't, you will whine. That's the way it is.

The developers can still fix this though, so let's wait for a while.