Sign in to follow this  
sarcasticpcgamer

Throttle Question

i have the X65F with dual throttles, when binding my collective, i actually removed the 2nd throttle figuring its just adding unnecessary input, but now after looking at the customize dead zone settings in TokH software, it seems to detect the 2nd throttle..

Question being... Does the game support both these throttles in a helicopter? So far I can't get my chopper flying correctly, or ascend/descending correctly. Before I waste half a day testing everything, You think it may be throttle/engine related and i should add that 2nd throttle input back to the controls... ???

I don't think you need the other throttle binded since its only the collective you need as an analog control, not the throttles, those only have three positions. The way BIS does the analog controls binding is unique as far as I know so I'm just making sure you got it right. There's two binds for the collective: UP and DOWN/Positive and Negative. First you click collective up[analog] and push your throttle forward ,then click collective down[analog] and pull the throttle back. btw I'm not sure I remember the control names right but you get the drift. Also consider there is a significant ground effect in this sim at the moment. You just have to take it into account and lower your collective gently and not be startled when the ground effect comes into play. And another thing just to be clear you know its not your controls that cause these effects- When the chopper is moving on the horizontal plane be it forward, back or sideways, it has more lift than when in hover. This effect is big too meaning that when your speed lowers to the yellow zone, adjust collective while keeping an eye on the vertical speed gauge. When the chopper comes to a hover, you need to add some more collective. this effect is quite sudden especially if you're not expecting it

That's how I had it....

I think i seen a heavy chopper having two engines, this may effect this chopper I reckon, but I havnt tried it much as I was having problems with starting the thing.. seemed to be a bug on those controls

Throttle has only three settings, either off, idle and full. The rotor will more or less spin at a constant RPM on full throttle. You control the amount of lift with something called collective. It's the angle of the rotor blades, steeper angle creates more lift just like a aircraft wing.

You want to map the analog collective to either throttle. I left it standard for my x65 and it works exactly as advertised ;) Make sure you leave the slider bar for sensitivity dead in the middle for a linear collective response.

Edited by NMLcollective
doh

That's how I had it....

I think i seen a heavy chopper having two engines, this may effect this chopper I reckon, but I havnt tried it much as I was having problems with starting the thing.. seemed to be a bug on those controls

agusta EH101 has three engines, so I've mapped starters and throttle controls on my numpad number keys, to have everything covered. You only need collective control on the joystick for adjustments, once you bring the throttle to 100%, you leave it there.

Hi,

great Game i think and very close to simulation.

But one question I have regarding the Throlltes:

Is it planned to realise analoge throttles ?

I know even in real helis there are effectively 3 states (cut-out, idle and full) but also in real helicopters there are anaolge throttles. I have an flightsim-cockpit with saitek proflight throttles and wish to use them in take on for their purpose.

Thanks & Regards,

Stephan

I have 3 Saitek-Throttle-Quadrants ( http://www.saitek.de/prod/quad.html) which I have combined and configured for dual-engine operations (prop + mixture + Throttle ...). Furthermore I have CH-Pedals and a Yoke. One Throttle-Quadrants have 3 analoge axes with a tip-switch at the lower end.

Hello guys I hope the final version eliminates those annoying problems with the throttle ... I flew with BS-50 FSX-FS9 and climbed like a butterfly landed him in the beta stage I can not get .. Right? or I will have the same problem?

those annoying problems with the throttle ...

What problems are you talking about?

hello my problem to solve and I hope a simple 'this:

I went to the warthog HOTAS controls I hope I have given the right combination to accelerate and reduce the power ... but I have a good result because it remains very slowly accelerated and decelerated (and when I take off with the throttle down very quickly destroying the helicopter to the ground .. I have tried several times to change the sensitivity .. but I have not solved the BS increases and decreases the power, getting up and down like a butterfly with .. with .. I can not Take on where wrong? 'well you can help me set the throttle with the right sensitivity, and assignment? commands? Thanks

Sorry m8, can't help you. I don't understand your english, specialy this part:

and when I take off with the throttle down very quickly destroying the helicopter to the ground ..
I don't have warthog hotas, so I don't know anything about its settings. Maybe someone else can help?

P.S.

Where are you from? Maybe write your problem in your native language and I'll try to translate it.

Yeah, Ice, post in Italian mate and let us decipher it and hopefully help you.

Italian (via google translate)

Sì, Ice, post in italiano e compagno di farci decifrarlo e spero ti aiuti.

Edited by dale0404

When you talk about throttle regarding a helicopter, may be you mean the "pitch" or "collective" ?

The throttle is only used to give the right rpm to the rotor and stays hopefully constant the hole flight.

When flying, taking off or landing you use the pitch or even exactly the "collective"-lever

Maybe you should check your assignments to your axes...

Edited by StephanS