Sign in to follow this  
ArmyCorps

Apple Software&Systems?

I’m just asking, Will any ARMA Game be available for the Apple Systems like in 2012 or the Future? I had love my ARMA Games on the PC But i bought a Apple iMac 27†2 Years ago. I Tried running BOOTCAMP didn’t work, So i hope Bohemia try to figure out a way to make the Upcoming ARMA 3 or any other arm’s available for any apple product.

doubtfully, especially since it's DX connected.

btw, its on your end bootcamp doesn't work, i have used it before with great success. A2 on a mac via bootcamp should run as well as it would run on a similar rig on PC...

the bootcamp + win7 route should be pretty straightforward, where did it go wrong?

Once were done setting up the language at the Windows 7 Start up then the screen goes black with this _ And reboots back to mac

Since there is zero difference between Mac hardware and PC hardware apart from additional $2000 for the shining apple logo why won't you just install Windows there?

That way you'll enjoy ArmA without the need to configure anything and praying that it works.

Once were done setting up the language at the Windows 7 Start up then the screen goes black with this _ And reboots back to mac

on your boot (the grey screen with the apple logo), hold alt to choose between OSes. Otherwise from OSX go to the bootcamp menu and choose to boot in windows (will reset and start up windows).

Since there is zero difference between Mac hardware and PC hardware apart from additional $2000 for the shining apple logo why won't you just install Windows there?

That way you'll enjoy ArmA without the need to configure anything and praying that it works.

really man, stop posting when you don't know what you talking about

I'm in a similar situation, my preferred OS is linux. I also run macos and window 7. I'd be really really happy if I could run Arma on something other than Windows. Windows 7 may be a step up from xp, but that is not saying much. When I'm forced to use Windows 7 it feels like an archaic system and it's a resource hog as well (not something to boast about if you like to run simulation games).

You could keep an eye out on the wine project (winehq.org or codeweavers), which is also available on MacOS. It'll run operation flashpoint just fine, but the menu buttons don't work in the newer engines. It does render the 3d stuff, which makes it tantalizingly close to working.

really man, stop posting when you don't know what you talking about

I'm serious. Ditch that MacOS and install Windows7. I understand that they charge extra $2000 because it's a Mac but there's really zero difference in hardware.

Will solve all your problems with ArmA series in a sec

i have run Arma successfully for 2 years now on my Macbook Pro 17" once you get the boot camp figured you should be happy.

I'm serious. Ditch that MacOS and install Windows7. I understand that they charge extra $2000 because it's a Mac but there's really zero difference in hardware.

I think that you might not be appreciating why someone would buy a Mac in the first place :) it's not to have another Windows PC. Having a bootcamp install is about the option to run Windows, not about turning a Mac into a PC.

I know you are serious, but that is my point: how much first hand experience do YOU have with a MAC? You cannot "ditch" the OSX, you install the Windows via OSX application called bootcamp anyways.

again, if you have no idea how a mac works, is better to keep your mouth shut

get out of here troll

I bought a MacBook Pro with OSX on it in October of 2010 for $1500, built myself a Win7 desktop computer using parts from Newegg for approximately $1000.

Macs are a total racket and I feel like an idiot for owning what is essentially an overpriced netbook with "unibody construction" etc.

Apple makes iPods.

Macs are a total racket and I feel like an idiot for owning what is essentially an overpriced netbook with "unibody construction" etc.

besides the topic, but i will bite: can you tell me where can i buy a laptop that would look as good as the macs? aluminium uni-body? I really want/need to buy one on windows, even though i own 2 high end PCs..

Looks are a matter of personal taste, an aluminium body is just a way to get a thin laptop relatively stiff.

If you really want a thin alu style laptop with windows you could look at the dell xps 15z. I've got a 100,- discount coupon on one of those if you're interested, not gonna use it myself.

I once had a thinkpad with a 3yr warranty, broke down after 3.5, then again I played a lot of games on it and never cleaned it. (gpu prob, hot ati chip). Now it's lenovo, they still do the 3yr warranty on the expensive ones.

I bought a MacBook Pro with OSX on it in October of 2010 for $1500, built myself a Win7 desktop computer using parts from Newegg for approximately $1000.

Apple makes iPods.

ipods are also crap...i had my ipod i never used it and when i did it was only in my car (i wasnt jogging with it like an idiot)and it broke after like a few months...total garbage...not to mention they force you to use their crap itunes which totally screw your computer up and hogs resources....seriously Ipod was the biggest piece of crap its still sitting on my shelf collecting dust, it would be nice if it worked as my car stero is designed to work with ipods and the cd player is broken...but thanks again to apple making products for the idiots dumb enough to buy them (note i did not ask for an i pod i simply got it as a gift...)heck i wouldnt even bother stealing an ipod they are that worthless....and then finding stupid programs installed with out my knowledge like "bonjour" is not something i appreciate....apple can get the hell outta town...maybe they should consider not using slaves for starters...

bottom line is apple is stupid, its for yuppies who need to buy certain brands to feel empowered, or better about themselves...apple is a joke, and so are its users, and 'fans'....seriously this is fact...the only thing apple was good for was those computers with the 5.25 disks in elementary school (20 years ago) that played things like that westward journey Conestoga wagon game, forget the name....

Edited by tk1138

Oregon Trail?

I've had the same iPod for 5 years and it still works. Helps if you take care of things.

Oregon Trail?

I've had the same iPod for 5 years and it still works. Helps if you take care of things.

i would barely use it...i knew it was fragile due to the nature of the hard drive...it could also be some software malfunction, i dont care to put in the effort to get some other companies products to work....after all i was the one who paid for something that worked, not something that i will have to trouble shoot for hours...i pods are crap i even have a generation 1 or 2 ipod that a friend stole a long time ago...at the time apple store (like 9 years ago in high school) didnt even support their old products (they didnt have the older connector, so he just gave it to me)so now i just have some relic that dosent even function it would be cool if it did but of course this company is out to fleece its customers..

Edited by tk1138

...endless rant...

The thing about iPods, iPhones & other Apple stuff is that it's a standard, and has the ability to just work, the way you expect it to work. Some flexibility is lost, but, for people who wish for a smartphone to be simple to use and yet have huge abilities, iPhone wins, for example. As for iPods, they cannot get much simpler. After a few months your warranty will still be intact. If you cannot fathom how to get a working iPod in a world full of working iPods.... well... you know :)

Other products are available. I never really understood the compulsion some people have to rant against some product, it's manufacturer, and their users, so vehemently. It seems pointless and idiotic.

Ranting on how, because you do not like it, that everyone else who does is an idiot, is, well, dullwitted at best.

Edited by DMarkwick

trolling.

you lad, are a very sad and frustrated person