Sign in to follow this  
NakedSquirrel

Take-On Combat?

I liked what I saw of the preview, even if it wasn't finished. The FM is fantastic and I would love to get the game, but I am a bit wary because it doesn't look like it will be a combat sim. Is this a correct assumption?

Sure it would be fun to transport boxes or pick up passengers, but it would be a lot more fun to the same things in combat.

While chiefly a civilian game, I'm pretty sure that BIS has added some features you will like to the full version......

See checklist at bottom of main beta page:

http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-pre-order-beta/

And then there's the support of the military contractors and SWAT teams!

Looking more tempting after reading that... Will it still work with OA after release?

If I can drop off and pick up guys in a firefight, I'm game!

Will it still work with OA after release?

What do you mean by "still work with OA"? Only the community preview was intergrated with OA, the beta and the full game are completely separate things.

But yeah, since there are combat choppers, including a Huey, I'd say it's a safe bet that we will be ferrying troops into combat, and even participating in combat.

I mean 'still work with' OA units, OA guns, OA Mods.

I look forward to avoiding AAA, RPG's, and Small arms fire. Slinging a casualty out of a thick jungle canopy or dropping off troops in heavy firefights, or hauling ammo into hot LZ's.

DnA said it will be almost as easy as porting units from Arma 1 to Arma 2, so yeah you will most likely be able to experience the situations you described

There is already an inoperable Igla in the Statics section you can place on the map with the editor. I am sure it will become active in the final game.

Meanwhile I have been taking pot shots at the ambient helis with the MG mounted OPFOR off-roader.

hmmm...

I added FFARs to a light heli, dropped a few OPFOR mg technicals, and did some attack runs.

I experience CTD during spam firing of FFARS when piloting the helicopter in 1st person cockpit view zoomed in (numpad 0/Insert).

looks like it's my hardware :confused:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0079FC53

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 8.17.12.8538

resolution: 1600x900x32[/url]

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;2037441']I added FFARs to a light heli' date=' dropped a few OPFOR mg technicals, and did some attack runs.

I experience CTD during spam firing of FFARS [i']when piloting the helicopter in 1st person cockpit view zoomed in [/i](numpad 0/Insert).

looks like it's my hardware :confused:

We've already fixed this crash in-house meanwhile (missing destruction effect), so it's not your hardware.

We've already fixed this crash in-house meanwhile (missing destruction effect), so it's not your hardware.

thanks. I was about to create a ticket ;)

I love the OP's idea for dropping troops into a war zone, that would be really interesting taking bullet damage and such. Maybe when they release the "Vietnam" edition. ;)

I've workd on a mission (troop-drop / medevac) script on arma2, will see if I can port it to TOH