Sign in to follow this  
hollywoody

Virtual Gauges question

Hey,

Is there a key command that will take out the virtual gauges that appear at the bottom of monitor when in pit? these are the single row of gauges that lie along the bottom screen. sometimes these seem to get in the way. thanks!

Next to toggling them on and off, you can also move them in Game Options > Interface Layout.

it would be nice to be able to move the guages independently, or turn off ones you don't want on the HUD.

it is nice to be able to move the guages independently

Corrected you there mate. ;)

_neo_

Corrected you there mate.

Sorry...i meant each guage individually. I'm hoping to be able to have a hover type HUD.

DEVS... look into this.

something simple and unobtrusive that replaces the seat of the pants feedback you get from being in the aircraft.

HUD_example.jpg

this would overlay in the center of your view, the dot in the center of the circle represents which direction the

helicopter is moving/drifting. the number on the left is the ground speed. the number on the right is the vertical speed and direction.

Simple, but very effective at replacing the inner ear feelings heli sim pilots don't get, and since it follows your view, it would give you

the feedback you need to stay in control while you are looking down, or watching your sling load.

Edited by zentaos

Sorry...i meant each guage individually. I'm hoping to be able to have a hover type HUD.

DEVS... look into this.

something simple and unobtrusive that replaces the seat of the pants feedback you get from being in the aircraft.

HUD_example.jpg

this would overlay in the center of your view, the dot in the center of the circle represents which direction the

helicopter is moving/drifting. the number on the left is the ground speed. the number on the right is the vertical speed and direction.

Simple, but very effective at replacing the inner ear feelings heli sim pilots don't get, and since it follows your view, it would give you

the feedback you need to stay in control while you are looking down, or watching your sling load.

+1

Something like this should be available (optional), you simply cannot use all your senses as you would in a real helicopter. Some visual feedback would be a good aid, especially for hovering.

My bad then mate. :)

Good suggestion.

_neo_

Besides the lack of inner ear, we also lack 3D! I can NEVER tell when the helo will hit the ground. Some kind of digital radar altimeter is a must have.

That gauge would be great, with opacity, scale, position and color options.