Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[Camp-SP] ArmA CO - Hammer of Thor

Sure. Can be e-mail, whenever you like. :)

Just finished!

No game breaking bugs, only what Rydygier reported.

Intense urban combat. I liked the way you set up the enemy. Very challenging.

Music was superb.

Radio voice was fantastic.

Combat ambiance had you there.

Cinematic great as usual!

My only suggestion is this:

-if you update, throw in some German KSK units. Sometime in the camp, Vega or his team encounter KSK units. You can easily do a heavy German accented English if you decide to do Voice with it.

-if Rydygier is willing to help out, please take it. In some scenes, Vega and team are running from Arty in your cutscenes. Perhaps after that cutscene, have the mission start with them running their asses off to cover, with arty exploding around them. Rydygier can write off a script for that to keep the player from being killed, but it may kill off some of the nearby units...........

That may break up some of the monotony of the missions. It was a coalition war and maybe to see some KSK or Czech or British units at the very least, running side by side or across his team or something may perk it up a bit.

Thank you for your hard work. Enjoyed playing it.

hello Kommiekat

Intense urban combat. I liked the way you set up the enemy. Very challenging.

Music was superb.

Radio voice was fantastic.

Combat ambiance had you there.

Cinematic great as usual!

thank you especially also for the voice acting you've done.

-if you update, throw in some German KSK units. Sometime in the camp, Vega or his team encounter KSK units. You can easily do a heavy German accented English if you decide to do Voice with it. . . .

That may break up some of the monotony of the missions. It was a coalition war and maybe to see some KSK or Czech or British units at the very least, running side by side or across his team or something may perk it up a bit.

This is most unlikely to happen because it would mean a major overhaul of the campaign. I rather try to focus on fixing the existing flaws and there are still plenty of them. I must also admit I'm tired of editing on HOT I just want it to bring it to an enjoyable play experience and dedicate myself to other stuff. I started to work on this campaign when OA was released. It seems now ages ago and I'm pretty sure of your understanding my desire is just to get all bugs fixed in case they can be fixed.

Thanks once again

Wow how come that this has escaped my attention until now....

Mission 1: Welcome to Takistan

I guess this mission makes the most out of the Desert terrain.... the color filter with the dust in the distance fits perfectly, as does the lighting. I feel the fully voiced dialogue and the mission setup is really not unrealistic, the mission is somewhat challenging yet well balanced. I dig the lengthy and well made cutscenes - looks likely that this campaign is a gem at least it appears for the first mission.

Wow how come that this has escaped my attention until now....

Mission 1: Welcome to Takistan

I guess this mission makes the most out of the Desert terrain.... the color filter with the dust in the distance fits perfectly, as does the lighting. I feel the fully voiced dialogue and the mission setup is really not unrealistic, the mission is somewhat challenging yet well balanced. I dig the lengthy and well made cutscenes - looks likely that this campaign is a gem at least it appears for the first mission.

Hallo Mathias

I hope you are doing alright. Don't worry there has been so many stuff release for ArmA 2 and OA impossible to play all. It still has some flaws that I will correct: I was waiting for the last official patch to be released but as it seems there won't be any for non Steam users. I had to take a break from editing HOT. I need to finish up 2 things for the UNSUNG 2.6. first, before going back and try to improve further this campaign. It is not perfect but it is playable. There are still some things which needs to get fixed.

I hope you like it so far.

cheers

Hey nettucker, thank you, I am fine. So I can provide feedback for

Mission 2: Spearhead

I really like your up-tempo custom music that accompanies the outstanding cinematics and the start of the mission. The mission itself is challenging combat until the target building 4 is cleared (leaving one target building south of the village to go). Then my squad stops and does not move until I move into Shabaz all alone. This is what I would consider a bug.

Clearing Shabaz alone is a real pain in the ass, only for the last enemy troops, my own squad comes to rush into the village, yet clearing each rooms remains my duty. The outro is great as well.

Bottom line: Long and hard mission but with a bug mid-mission that would keep most players from playing through.

Hello Mathias

Yeah "HOT" needs some overhaul. I need to figure out a better way to coordinate the final attack on Shabaz. There are still some other issues which will appear. Once I'm done with the UNSUNG stuff I will try to address all the flaws in the campaign.

I had to take a break from it due to burnout but I will try to improve it and address the flaws.

Yeah the song in the mission is one of my favorites. It's because the 3rd Instrumental part goes from a straight 4/4 time signature to and odd time signature in 7/8 which I love. I'm very much satisfied in general with the soundtrack and how it turned out. It was quite some work as well and took several month to accomplish the task.

Also, all my fellow community members who helped with the voice acting did an excellent job IMHO and I can't thank them enough for all their support.

Thanks for playing and giving feedback which is very much appreciated.

cheers :)

p.s. In case your stuck in some missions use the end mission cheat. All missions should end but who knows too many unknown variables in the end.

Feedback for On the hot spot

Cinematics and sound are top notch. The mission itself is cool until the shit hits the fan. Then you are really on the hot spot, meaning if you peek out of cover, you are killed pretty instantly, if you keep your head down in the grass, you won't hit anything. A rather tedious experience, plus the mission does not end - this bug should be corrected.

Feedback for On the hot spot

Cinematics and sound are top notch. The mission itself is cool until the shit hits the fan. Then you are really on the hot spot, meaning if you peek out of cover, you are killed pretty instantly, if you keep your head down in the grass, you won't hit anything. A rather tedious experience, plus the mission does not end - this bug should be corrected.

Hi Mathias

sorry for my late reply, was on a business trip.

Well at a certain point after the enemy forces are combat ineffective you should be ordered back inside the village Shabaz and the mission will end. Gotta take a look at that.

Yeah during the attack you need to stay down. You can kneel and fire after that you need to change position. The road gives you the possibility to stay down and fire, but you are exposed there's no cover around, the advantage is you can lay some heavy fire on the advancing enemy infantry. In case they are zeroing in on your position you need to relocate. I'm normally inflicting heavy casualties on the enemy which are advancing along the road. The player gotta pay attention on the flanks as well.

Thanks for the feedback I hope you can enjoy the campaign notwithstanding the still existing flaws.

cheers :)

Hey nettrucker, no problem - real life comes first. I actually was inside the base (after running in circles after my squad leader for quite some time), yet the mission did not end anyway.

On with Hammer of Thor (the next mission). This is a better balanced one, since there is plenty of cover between the objective buildings. An old bug that I associated only with the Unsung mod pops up: After about 5 minutes, you are not able to heal your squadmates anymore, and this fact costs me my whole squad early on. Since the enemy has already been reduced by the fighting, I am able to pick off the few stragglers left in the buildings and clear the base with the help of another friendly squad. Good mission!

Hi Matthias I was able to fix the medic bug in the Vietnam campaign. It shouldn't happen in HOT since player is never a medic. Really strange I gotta replay HOT and fix all this stuff sorry for all the bugs man. I might have broken more than I've fixed in the last update. That's really bad.:31:

Congrats on fixing the medic bug in our Vietnam campaign!

Meanwhile, I am having great fun with your Operation Ghostrider mission of the HOT campaign. It is absolutely bug-free, and the volume of fire audible in that mission is just breakthtaking. It's not a hard mission, but feels like a war film. Splendid job (including your perfect cinematics).

Congrats on fixing the medic bug in our Vietnam campaign!

Meanwhile, I am having great fun with your Operation Ghostrider mission of the HOT campaign. It is absolutely bug-free, and the volume of fire audible in that mission is just breakthtaking. It's not a hard mission, but feels like a war film. Splendid job (including your perfect cinematics).

Hello Mathias I'm glad that I got at least 1 mission right but I believe that during the last update I did some damage. I will have to make a major overhaul once again. I'm really sorry for all those bugs you are encountering.

Thanks for your feedback

I gotta run now.

cheers

Black Night is also bug-free and a cinema-like experience with your perfectly shot and voiced cutscenes and all the action going on in the mission. I am really enjoying this campaign.

Thanks Mathias

I'm glad that you are enjoying HOT. I put a lot of effort in it. I really need to make it a bug free play experience. There are some flaws which are directly to attribute to ArmA CO's current state. I'm still on 1.62 and will be stuck with it forever. I hope you will enjoy the other missions as well bug or non bug. use end mission cheat in case you get stuck.

cheers :soldier:

Hello Mathias

may I kindly ask if you are playing the campaign with patch 1,62 or did you already integrated to Steam and are using patch 1,63? I've heard rumors that patch 1,63 broke a lot of missions and stuff. It's just for my understanding.

Thanks in advance.

have a nice day

cheers

Hey nettrucker,

I am playing with 1.62, since I have bought the boxed version of Arma2. Good to know that 1.63 is possibly not a good idea - spares me the effort to educate myself how to integrate my game into Steam.

Hello Mathias

these are only rumors I heard. I have no clue in the end, if it's a good idea or not. I guess the new patch has quite some fixes but I heard that BIS_Init function is somehow compromised, which breaks stuff.

Thanks for the info in any case.

Cheers

p.s. Well I've heard from a reliable source that the new patch is spamming the rpt with a lot of "undefined variables" error in expression errors.

Edited by nettrucker

Just played Dressed to Kill and it has the usual quality the other missions have. My only problem throughout the campaign is the use of a machine gun with a scope (=narrow field of view) and a full auto mode. That's just a bad combo I am trying to get rid early on in every mission.

Roadblock is very hard - I spent a seemingly endless times picking cunning enemies from my rooftop sniper position, while being killed repeatedly. Great experience.

Roadblock is very hard - I spent a seemingly endless times picking cunning enemies from my rooftop sniper position, while being killed repeatedly. Great experience.

Hi Mathias

thanks for the feedback. Well the choice for the character being a machine gunner with a scope was on purpose in some of the missions especially in urban combat it might be rather a pain . . . but in other missions you will be able to deliver some much needed suppressing firepower. I believe it shouldn't be a big problem you can scrounge easily weapons all around you.

Roadblock is very hard - I spent a seemingly endless times picking cunning enemies from my rooftop sniper position, while being killed repeatedly.

The rooftop position makes you very vulnerable to enemy fire you are very exposed on that position. If you stay at the roadblock the sandbags gives you good cover from the incoming enemy. Actually the times I was getting killed in that mission were not numerous. Getting wounded a bit more often because sometimes I was just recklessly doing the Rambo thingy. LOL :bounce3:

Your half through now. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks

I actually enjoyed being a machine gunner for a change.

I usually kept to the back like a marksman would and had fun picking off enemies from afar.

For house searches, one should be using a sidearm anyways.

PS to nettrucker

You may want to BOLD the 1.62 requirement and warn players "Not tested with 1.63" in your first post.

I just triedClean Sweep and I have to admit, that these house to house searches are getting a bit old by now. It would do this mission good to feature another objective and not the most extensive house to house searches I have encountered in this campaign yet. The rest of it, e.g. the cinematics are top notch as ever.

Hi Matthias

yeah you are right I might have exaggerated it a bit. But now it's done and it would involve a major overhaul with voice acting included to change certain things in the campaign.

Thanks for the feedback.

@ Kommiekat

I'll do that.