Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog Six

War with Facebook

mrcash posts some crap he found on the internet and didn't check it, again. Busted your conspiracy theory in 3 mins simply by following the reference link in the website you quoted. FPDR I didn't have to dig any further than the information you provided, did you even bother reading it?

This link that I provided above is in the 4th paragraph of your Daily Mail article:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/82701103/Analyst-Desktop-Binder-REDACTED

It is quite clearly a procedure for media analysis in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.

You wouldn't happen to be a newly-minted Facemelt stock momo, would you? ;) Pay attention,

o3hu3iG8B2g

You'd thing the spooks could used a better clown, and they will in the future, since Zuk has already cashed in his 25% 'ownership' of the company.

This is nothing to do with facebook, it's a precedure to monitor facebook posts for information during an emergency or natural disaster. I don't have a facebook account, have never had one, don't own any shares in facebook and never would as the sector has a history of crashing as it has no assets or substance, several friends asked my advice about buying shares and I told them it was a bad idea.

I simply respond here when I see obvious bullshit. The perveyors of bullshit don't like it because they get shot down in flames every time and have resorted to name calling because they can't fault the logic.

So no, I'm not bothered if facebook floats or sinks, I don't have any involvement. Facebook is built on nothing and those who unwisely buy shares in nothing, without some underlying strategy, deserve to lose their money. Those with strategy sold their shares on the 1st day of trading to make a fast buck and have already gone. It was entirely predictable.

Edited by PELHAM

This is nothing to do with facebook, it's a precedure to monitor facebook posts for information during an emergency or natural disaster. I don't have a facebook account, have never had one, don't own any shares in facebook and never would as the sector has a history of crashing as it has no assets or substance, several friends asked my advice about buying shares and I told them it was a bad idea.

Looky here, not a momo you say? Problem is: it is being kept afloat with Spooks' black ops funds, but don't worry, we'll short it to zero.

I simply respond here when I see obvious bullshit. The perveyors of bullshit don't like it because they get shot down in flames every time and have resorted to name calling because they can't fault the logic.

Controlling the ignorant populace is pretty sound logic for whatever forces are in power. You don't believe in democracy, do you? That would be intellectual dishonesty on your part at this point.

So no, I'm not bothered if facebook floats or sinks, I don't have any involvement. Facebook is built on nothing and those who unwisely buy shares in nothing, without some underlying strategy, deserve to lose their money. Those with strategy sold their shares on the 1st day of trading to make a fast buck and have already gone. It was entirely predictable.

The fact that Facebook is a blackhole of non-existent revenue streams and is destined to become MySpace 2.0 is a matter of time, though what we're discussing here is total disregard for privacy, data mining by the respective ABC soup agencies and so forth.

But I suppose, a contract is a contract and the masses willingly hit "Accept" the terms and conditions et cetera, et cetera.

ROFL sorry that doesn't make any sense and if that is true please provide some evidence. A government department looking for information on emergencies and natural disasters by reading public web pages for witness accounts is bad in what way? Ever looked at a facebook page? Then by your definition you are also a spy and a data miner lol. Have you read the link MrCash gave? It fully explains it there:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/82701103/Analyst-Desktop-Binder-REDACTED

The DHS were slaughtered in the press over Hurricane Katrina and the head of FEMA was forced to resign. This procedure was written to aid strategy development during an emergency and to allow them to respond to events more quickly. The procedure is only used during events when federal funds or personnel might be required to respond to an emergency or natural disaster so it isn't even used on a regular basis.

Edited by PELHAM

ROFL sorry that doesn't make any sense and if that is true please provide some evidence. A government department looking for information on emergencies and natural disasters by reading public web pages for witness accounts is bad in what way? Ever looked at a facebook page? Then by your definitin you are also a spy and a data miner lol. Have you read the link MrCash gave? It fully explains it there:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/82701103/A...inder-REDACTED

I have my sources, not willing to disclose as it would involve discussion of real geopolitics, which apparently gets you banned on this forum.

In short, http://www.iqt.org/

mrcash posts some crap he found on the internet and didn't check it, again. Busted your conspiracy theory in 3 mins simply by following the reference link in the website

We have a bit of a previous thread bugbear do we Mr Gatekeeper?

"Bigger picture" Pelham, you simply reactive counter small elements (yawn #2), so thanks and all that, same old same old. BTW how is it a conspiracy theory to highlight what is factual, its not as if this does not happen. Its just how its packaged (ref the doc / how the article views it),

"My" conspiracy theory eh ... interesting phrasing, seems the article was not the focus here (yawn #3).

It is quite clearly a procedure for media analysis in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.

From the sub set of subjects & keywords me think that this is not actualy fully the case, only a part of its use, but hey .. thats life Mr Gatekeeper. Others will highlight it, and some others will get thier reactive panties in a bunch.

Edited by mrcash2009

Gatekeeper Pelham rides again.
We have a bit of a previous thread bugbear do we Mr Gatekeeper?

Er no that's you that is.........

My bugbear is people posting crap on the internet and wasting everyones time with utter nonsense. If you could back up anything you post, I imagine you would do so, but you never do. Feel free to call me names and flame away all you like, it doesn't bother me at all. It would be refreshing to see something logical rather than vague suspicions, gossip from the tabloids and paranoia.

I have my sources, not willing to disclose as it would involve discussion of real geopolitics, which apparently gets you banned on this forum.

So your evidence for this conspiracy theory is another conspiracy theory and you will not discuss it because of the conspiracy theory that people who discuss politics get banned here. Obviously untrue as evidenced by all the political discussion threads which get very heated at times.

Edited by PELHAM

FYI Pelham a moderator namely Wiggam has in the past banned, and put people on partial bans due to such things, so he has a point. Then again a PM wouldn't hurt I suppose, if its vital.

I dont have a massive issue with it, just highlighting the point.

So your evidence for this conspiracy theory is another conspiracy theory and you will not discuss it because of the conspiracy theory that people who discuss politics get banned here. Obviously untrue as evidenced by all the political discussion threads which get very heated at times.

Like that Bin Laden thread and subsequent elimination of the Seal Team that had been responsible for the farce? Keep up the euphoria,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Q-Tel/103094343064066

Er no that's you that is.........

Er, yes, because in order for me to somehow be wrong "again" (in your head) must be in reference to something previous.

My bugbear is people posting crap on the internet and wasting everyones time with utter nonsense. If you could back up anything you post, I imagine you would do so, but you never do. Feel free to call me names and flame away all you like, it doesn't bother me at all. It would be refreshing to see something logical rather than vague suspicions, gossip from the tabloids and paranoia.

Your own view on this ("everyone" .. speaking for everyone again I see .. yawn #4), and since when is this forum or the internet yours Mr Gatekeeper? Maybe the same can be applied to you, but proof of previous said thread proved this fact that you seem bullet proof to being incorrect or even mislead by official statements and reports. If you dont like it you dont have to react, simple really, especially when its something you know better about (in your view), why waste time right? And for the record the fine line of conspiracy theory and the facts of data-mining keyword searching and standard document justifications you can place a fag paper between. I dont pander to your set position on the world, like it or lump it mate.

Why do I need to backup what I post (just for you it seems) when all I post is what is out there (speaks for itself) and what others have had issue with in said thread topics. Lets face it if I didn't in this minor example you would have never posted that document link, it all helps for the subject matter right? You simply file in on a reaction, always on the tail end of someone else's points you feel the need to shut down becuase its BS in your world, I hate to break it to you but we all see things different.

Hate to see you in a forum with most things you dont like, what would you do, spend most of the time countering every single thing you dont like about it & become an RSI sufferer? "LOLZ".

Such as life.

Edited by mrcash2009

RE your comments on moderation I will not comment as it's against rule #18 and will not be drawn into such discussions. I will PM Wiggum though as I feel he has a right to defend his actions as they were obviously not for the reasons given above.

Well there is an old saying, for evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing. The spreading of gossip, misinformation and nonsense is one of the evils of the world as it does much harm to society. Entire nations have fallen and millions of people have died based on nothing more than somones made up fiction. Just look at Iraq? Now for that nonsense to grow all it requires is for no one to point out that it's nonsense.

Just look at that crap about the Dutchman and his human powered glider that went viral in March. It was obviously fishy and many of us said so including me. Now that's just a bit of fun and doesn't really matter at all. Doing harm to civil services that are simply trying to do their best to protect the public from disasters is wrong. You are distracting well meaning, hard working people from their jobs and causing much unnecessary expense. That's wrong and hurts us all. The more viral silly rumours like this get, the more harm it does as the gullible winge about it, the press fill their pages with it and corrupt politicians try to make themselves a name out of it.

If you dont like it you dont have to react

Sorry no deal. If you don't like the USA find something concrete to criticise them about. There is much to choose from, mountains of it. Why make it up or re-post pages and videos from the tabloids that don't even stand up to a few minutes scrutiny? Of course the US intelligence agencies trawl though data, that's a fact. So go after that fact. Why re-post nonsense made up from 1 page quoted out of context? If you posted fact you wouldn't see me replying would you?

This forum does not belong to me or you. I have just as much right to comment and post as you do, and, if I can drive a bus through your logic in a few minutes, I will do so, particularly if it's something damaging to society such as this.

Edited by PELHAM

RE your comments on moderation I will not comment as it's against rule #18 and will not be drawn into such discussions. I will PM Wiggum though as I feel he has a right to defend his actions as they were obviously not for the reasons given above.

Wow you have stooped to an all time low. I stated that in certain circumstances this is what happened in the past and I simply stated the moderator based on the reminder of what happened and nothing more in reference to certain postings (just to confirm about certain content postings and thinking twice about it based on previous page comment), nothing wrong with that or what was done (not crit at all) & nothing to defend based on the fact it wasn't even an attack to defend!? You even have to twist this into an issue (another telling sign) ... dear oh deary me.

Well there is an old saying, for evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.

This depends on who is declaring themselves as good men & where you think the evil is based.

The spreading of gossip, misinformation and nonsense is one of the evils of the world as it does much harm to society. Entire nations have fallen and millions of people have died based on nothing more than someone made up fiction. Just look at Iraq? Now for that nonsense to grow all it requires is for no one to point out that it's nonsense.

And this rather massive global examples of disinformation evil fits into my article link and this threads general point and posting ... where & how exactly? Its now evil is it? Me thinks your view of evil resulting in you being a marter for the good men by slamming anything you see as not fitting right to be quite worrying, and a tad deluded indeed.

Sorry no deal. If you don't like the USA find something concrete to criticise them about.

Oh no your compartmentalised view again, is it really about the US? Who uses such tools? Isnt the internet global? Wasn't it you that posted about Obamas global view? It was, wast it Pelham? Nice try with the anti US slant, that old chestnut will not work.

Why make it up or re-post pages and videos from the tabloids that don't even stand up to a few minutes scrutiny? Of course the US intelligence agencies trawl though data, that's a fact. So go after that fact. Why re-post nonsense made up from 1 page quoted out of context? If you posted fact you wouldn't see me replying would you?

1. What am I making up by posting an article .... 2. Where is it a re-post?

The document posted only covers the reasoning for one part of what its searching for, and so, if these sites have implementation to data-mine these keywords (more than just one area you specify) then its not some evil of the world to point this out is it Pelham? If the searching was just about what you stated then have another look at them and the categories.

This forum does not belong to me or you. I have just as much right to comment and post as you do, and, if I can drive a bus through your logic in a few minutes

You are no ones hero but your own.

BTW I stated you dont have to "react" to something, never said anything in regards to rights to postings. In bold also highlights my views on whether this truly is about the subjects in hand or not, interesting. I question your logic with your last post examples of evil and so on.

particularly if it's something damaging to society such as this.

One day (your great grandchildrens future) you will realise just how utterly ludicrous that statement is, based on your position. Do you mean the subject of this thread? In which case Ignore this particular reply.

You are distracting well meaning, hard working people from their jobs and causing much unnecessary expense.

Put your Blackberry away then & get back to your desk .... (joke).

No, I posted an article about keyword searching in the BIS off topic section under a thread that was most relevant to it becuase it didn't need a new thread, get real now. BTW that statement you could place in almost everything right now under the economic situation no one asked for, funny that (off topic).

Thanks for that last post, it speaks volumes, and then still waffles around the points raised (on topic) as normal (yawn #5).

Edited by mrcash2009

Well there is an old saying, for evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.

Excellent saying, here's a few more, "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.", and, ''Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty, nor safety."

What you are doing here is defending a data mining operation taken out against clueless plebs, who never read contract terms & conditions, and not that I care if they get fired from some 9-5 job due to their stupidity, I have my own agenda, which is humble in scope - survival.

Blah blah and blah - where is your evidence gents? Please post your evidence if you can. You have libelled FEMA as some sort of CIA stooge so justify it please.

@ mrcash - I assumed you had some sort of dislike about the USA as every post here sets them up as some sort of oppressive totalitarian, Orwellian regime, while not providing any evidence for those facts. Provide evidence and even I will back you, so please do so.

You try to claim I am underhand in some way yet you smear the good reputations of others, including forum moderators, without providing the slightest proof. That is what is telling, everything I have ever said in the off topic forum can be backed up. So who exactly is underhand here hmm? Your posts are nothing short of defamation, so please if you can, redeem your character and provide evidence.

Edited by PELHAM

If a topic can't be debated by multiple people without bickering then it's a bit of a problem that needs fixing by moderatorial nudging, however when a topic is only being debated by a couple of people yet still filled with bickering the solution is a simple one, please continue any similar facebook discussions somewhere else, like facebook or something :)