Sign in to follow this  
humvee28

Arma 2 : OA beta build 84749

The cheap way out though is to make textures on your ghillie 50% transparent on distances of 25m and above (or lower) when dug in

The transparency won't look unnatural at such distance and at the same time when you'll come close enough you will see that ghillie bush in a correct way. This will allow to lower detection of a sniper for AI as it will also lower the detection for humans.

Can be a nice idea to apply some transparency at 100m+ for any other camo including the usual multicam or MARPAT or whatever

but all this only when lying down

I was thinking the same thing the greater the distance the greater the transparency although this could have problems such as making a unit invisible when on the horizon or on a roof top.

I did look at spawning a plant at the gun barrel but the wrong plant looks just as bad and sticks out.

i concur with what someone else said, and what i first wanted to script for - making an action that scavenges the foliage and every 10 seconds or so applies a piece of foliage in a slot on the ghillie suit. 15 slots means 150 seconds to fully rig your suit out. that would add some diversity to the suit to make it looks more natural, however to keep it balenced, you had to be prone and stationary for this to work. If you suddenly decided to get up and run, all of it falls off (as it most likely would) and youd have to start over again if you wanted to be camod again.

this would also need to add a cumulative stealth bonus to a unit for each slot fitted with foliage, and if in the same terrain tile. maybe 2% a slot filled, and max 15 - 25% increase when fully fitted?

also, who says you cant be completely chameleon in arma 2? :D

2011102100001.th.jpg

Edited by Igneous01

also, who says you cant be completely chameleon in arma 2? :D

It's possible only when you're close, when all the grass is drawn, but when you look at someone from afar with binocs any unit model stands out against the background. Especially on hills, when they are not drawn and units are just floating in the air.

Edit: 1.60 stable version is closer.

I read that 4 weeks ago, I think we are stuck in eternal beta like back then with Armed Assault 1.18

It's possible only when you're close, when all the grass is drawn, but when you look at someone from afar with binocs any unit model stands out against the background. Especially on hills, when they are not drawn and units are just floating in the air.

Lie down to the ground/use bushes/don't skyline yourself.

Especially when in forest

I read that 4 weeks ago, I think we are stuck in eternal beta like back then with Armed Assault 1.18

well the key is get it stable now ...

also the number of beta regressions is getting lower...

but ... lets continue this discussion in latest beta and not this 'obsolete' thread :cool: