Sign in to follow this  
Remy

Bomber are a mint idea

WooHoo! 100th reply

I think we all made our arguments, stated what we felt, and that's about it, there's not much more left to argue over.  Maybe now we can get a BIS member to read over all the arguments and come up with a verdict on who has won, that be nice.

-=Die Alive=-

RedStorm did ofcourse. But that's just by the shear beauty and intelligence he emits. :biggrin:

The US experimented with mini-gun ships in vietnam. I believe they used a turbo-porter or something similar with a minigun in it. That might prove cool too. As for the ppl saying it is stupid of remy to request a b-52 (which he didnt i believe) DUH. Like it or not CAS is a important part of US Strategy and if u say its a soldier sim and it needs to be realistic aircraft NEED to be in the game.

that is what the A-10 is for....it is a low-speed aircraft more suitable to the islands than a supersonic fighter-bomber that would fly the entire island before you could find the target and drop the payload. as for the large bombers as it was said before they fly well above visual range and drop too large of a payload for them to be included. then people say to lower the amount of bombs they drop.....how would you like to see a large bomber drop 5 bombs instead of 30 or whatnot? kinda silly.

HOLY f**kING s**t!!! d*amn i thought most of you guys hated the idea of this thread even beening up. i mean some of you have been replying to everyone of the pages on this thread. And for The Jub Jub Bird I don't f**king care if your a veteran. this is my thread not yours. I poasted this thread like 3 weeks ago and its still going strong. d*amn. How many people can say there thread got 7 pages added on to it. I can. well i just like replying to my thread so please keep on fighting on if there should be bomber or not. I still think there should be because it would make the game more fun. well there my $1000 cya.

Oh yah. I just have to say thank you to all you who replied for what ever side you where on. You made my dream come true I got over 100 replys to my thread thanks alot.

Wow, now you must feel so cool huh? You probably feel like "da man" now.

I do feel like the man. Thanks alot

Hey some are easily impressed, oh and Remy, I wasn't trying to impress noone by suggesting that I am a veteran to the forums, only that having read god knows how many threads I kinda know what alot of people think and how things would work in the game. I think the information I posted was invaluable in making alot of peoples minds up on this one.

Jub Jub end His Gay friend redstorm are a bunch of whinning old woman.

probably a couple of poindexters in real life.

mommie the people on the flashpoint forum are teasing me sad.gif

Well I have nothing to say.......

Well its about time with you and your friends b*t*hing all the time. Anyways NO BOMBERS till the make bigger maps.

I dont want a stinking B-52 Give me a turbo prop that drops bomb's or an official A-10 with bomb's.

Rockets suck d**k

The problem is that in 1985, there weren't too many prop-driven aircraft that were also ground attack aircrafts.  ####, even in Vietnam war, it was either a fast mover jet dropping bombs, or a slow prop-driven, WWII era, Skyraider ground attack aircraft, that were used as air support.  In 1985, the only prob-driven aircraft that could be used as a "bomber", that would be the OV-10 Bronco.  Even then, the Bronco is really a recon aircraft/Forward Air Controler, not a true bomber that some of us want.  The Bronco, in Vietnam, carried WP marking rockets pods, HE rocket pods, and sometimes a centerline mini-gun. Latter in 1980s, there were fitted with bombs and other stuff, and were flown until after the Gulf war.  But that doesn't make them "bombers." It's just that I'd like to see an aircraft that's slow enough that can allow us to see any targets on the ground when flying low.  You don't spot soldiers at 15 thousand feet and at Mach 1.5

I don't see how a ground attack aircraft that is faster than the A-10, could be added to the game as it is right now.  In order for any bombers to be added, there should be:<ul>

[*]Larger playing enviroments

[*]More air bases in those enviroments, not just one, but one for each side, with runways long enough for these aircrafts

[*]More Anti-Aircraft systems; such as stationary AA guns, better AA missiles and such.  I'd stay way from large SAM systems because those are ususlly radar guided and can cover the entire playing area.

[*]Better flight controls and flight physics

I never expected "bombers" to be added in the next update, maybe not even in the update after that, but I could see "bombers" added to a sequal or possibly to a Mod or something.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Slick on 1:59 am on Nov. 6, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

I was never whinning. I was just stating that they couldn't fit into the game and gave proven facts to back up and support my case.

I only posted on this thread a few times and it seems to have worked. There have been no more requests for bombers and the only support for the uneducated has been to b*tch about me putting their idea down.

I'm sorry, but it wouldn't work guys.

The new A-10 with 1.30 has guided bombs, and I wouldn't mind a Bronco, that would work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Slick on 2:59 am on Nov. 6, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

You're REALLY pathetic. Just because someone doesn't agree with you were are a bunch of whining gays? That's so childish dude.

Redstorm go suck some d**k

I dont like you because you whine  all the time

and when someone makes a mod you say yeah you are a god man i'll suck your d**k

etc.

I like it when people make mods but i didnt put my tongue in keyget's ####### like you did.

Ps: you are not the only ass kisser on this board.

(Edited by Slick at 4:06 am on Nov. 7, 2001)

Hey there Slick.....I wonder who you are trying impress with all that language? You 8 year old girlfriend? Such comments are uncalled for and unwarranted as RedStorm is just giving his honest opinion abiout topics on this forum....just like Remy was when he started this thing. I agree with the idea that a bomber would be nice to have to I disagree that it would be good for the game at THIS period of time. I would give it some time let the space get bigger than I'd be glad to have bombers. I dont think Remy is a bod person or sucking someone's *&$% just cause he wants something that I dont think I would want. Hey if he wants it and can get someone to make a bomber for him....more power to him. Keep any harsh and uncalled for language out of here please. SEMPER FI

d*amn i cant believe i just read that whole thread man u guys just need to chill out and smoke some tree and if u dont smoke drink some herbal tea or somethin hey im all about bombers which carry a small ordinance or anything else anyone wants aslong as they dont include it in thier official upgrades and make it an optional addon like the rotational grenade launcher currently is then when u play online you will know if the host is playin a mission with the bomber addon cuz im sure they will put it in the room name or everyone who doesnt have the addon will be dropped when launched and all this talk about this being an infintry sim i dont know who says that that is what this is or even if bis describes the game this way but this is a war sim u have tanks helis jeeps and all kinds of s**te (no im not scottish i just like to say s**t that way cuz its cool) oh and good job remy i commend u on the ammount of responce this post has gotten obviosly it is an issue some peeps feel strongly bout and good argument has been a result

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Loki e on 1:39 am on Nov. 7, 2001

d*amn i cant believe i just read that whole thread man u guys just need to chill out and smoke some tree and if u dont smoke drink some herbal tea or somethin hey im all about bombers which carry a small ordinance or anything else anyone wants aslong as they dont include it in thier official upgrades and make it an optional addon like the rotational grenade launcher currently is then when u play online you will know if the host is playin a mission with the bomber addon cuz im sure they will put it in the room name or everyone who doesnt have the addon will be dropped when launched and all this talk about this being an infintry sim i dont know who says that that is what this is or even if bis describes the game this way but this is a war sim u have tanks helis jeeps and all kinds of s**te (no im not scottish i just like to say s**t that way cuz its cool) oh and good job remy i commend u on the ammount of responce this post has gotten obviosly it is an issue some peeps feel strongly bout and good argument has been a result

<span id='postcolor'>I'll add these for you ..........................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

-=Die Alive=-

Hello children! I just got done reading this entire thread...not every post but the majority of them. This is my first and last post on this thread so I will make my case and then move back to the Beta thread where i belong.

1)As mentioned before, there is no airfield large enough to handle a bomber takeoff/landing..so bombers are not going to be added to OFP unless they do some modifications to the maps. I don't see that happening.

2)If bombers could be used I do not think it would ruin the game. I think it is pretty hard to spot troops while in a chopper and d*amn near impossible while in a plane. A bomber dropping dumb bombs would not ruin this game.

3)If bombers would be added to the game obviously some more defensive equipment would be needed on the ground to fend them off. The posts on here act like the bombers would roam freely and bomb at will. Not the case.

My final point to the people who do not want bombers. That HIND with the 192 rockets is IMO more deadly than any bomber BI could implement. It is low flying and can essentially 'carpet bomb' an area with its rockets. I think that is capable of destroying as much as any bomber.

I don't foresee BI adding bombers to the game, but I would be in favor of it. Why not? You don't like em, don't us em. wink.gif