Sign in to follow this  
nightsta1ker

Passed CFI Checkride

I passed my checkride on Sunday. I am now a certified helicopter instructor. So... who wants to take lessons? :D

Congratulation :thumbsup:.

So, now you are something like this? I didn't know that companies require a minimum of 1000 flight hours for pilot. So are you going to be pro pilot, or do you want only teach others?

I just hope TKOH don't require these hours in tutorial :).

Congratulations nightsta1ker!

I already have an helicopter instructor in RL;), though we really need your professional input here regarding flight model of ToH.:)

Nice dude. The hard part now is to find your first job, hopefully your school can at least let you make phone calls to bring some people in. Now you get to develop all kinds of sneaky tricks like acting as if you're staring out the door but you're actually watching the student, checking the gauges, maybe pulling a circuit breaker out when they aren't looking...

In all seriousness, just don't get killed dude, this instructing stuff is more dangerous than it appears. Always try to keep your guard up, you will have extremely incompetent students that try to kill you several times each flight and then you'll have good ones that try to kill you when you least expect it. Since I know you're flying 300's: Don't trust motorcycle riders!, especially during startup, autorotations, and take-offs/landings in the curve. I guarantee you at some point their brain will fuck up about which way they are supposed to to turn the throttle and they will either severely over-rev the engine, cut the throttle so fast the engine starts to sputter or quit, or they will droop the rotor RPM at the worst time. 1 more 300 tip, if you are flying a model with 2 fuel tanks, figure out from the mechanic which tank has the gauge sensor. At some point you might put fuel in the tank with the sensor (even fill it) and think you are good to go. Well it takes a few minutes to even out through that tiny cross connect tube and you might have less fuel than you think (learned that one the hard way at night with a very bright red light).

Congratulations Nightsta1ker!

Best of Luck on securing a great CFI position, be patient, they're out there.

I got my Helicopter CFI rating back in 1970, some FAA examiner named Lee Di Vinci, the old bastard put me through the wringer....got him back though, check ride was in a Cobra and he "pooped his pants" when I put the snake in the "eye opener dive" (slightly less than terminal).

I believe TOH will really keep us old rotorheads "challenged" and hopefully polish our "PT".

Silver Spur three five

Congrats for your CFI pass !

I have 2 Tips for ya:

1- now forget golf balls...train yourself, with water bucket

2- the best way for them to learn: :torture:

;)

Nice dude, congrats. Now the hard part comes: switching to fixed wings. :nener: