Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

Need upload space for my OFP Sound replacement mod (20mb+).

Hi,

since i´m grounded by the doc (got flu), i had much time to spent on my comp and in bed last couple of days. I´m now in phase of completing a Sound improvement mod for OFP- should be finished this evening.

This mod will completely replace your existing sound.pbo and features a bunch of improvements, from weapon sounds, to ambience sounds over to vehicle sounds, bullet whizzing sounds, impact sounds, ricochets....., hehe even a ZZ-Top song will be available as radio music in the environment ambience section of the M.E. along with improved Battle ambience sounds (the original OFP radio sound is some circus music), it doesn´t work on the addon principle but is a true soundmod, which is a good thing because you will be able to hear the improved sounds in all missions, campaigns, whatever you play, which wouldn´t work if it´s designed as an addon.

The drawback is on the hand, it will be large, 20mb+, however it will be worth the download because the sounds are highly realistic weapon sounds, are of excellent quality and there´s quite a range of new sounds, guess it´s about 50+ new unique sounds.

This is where it comes to the problem of webspace, my provider only grants me a tiny 10mb as webspace, but i would need more than twice the amount to upload the mod. So i´m basically looking for free webspace that´s large enough to host the file.

(Edited by Satchel at 5:50 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

Question: Have you tested it so it does not trigger fade? I mean with OFPs unstable fade system one never knows...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Satchel on 5:07 pm on Nov. 27, 2001

smile.gif

You have ICQ King Kong?

My ICQ# 69613588

<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, sorry i don't use ICQ i'll msg the password and the username ok

i'ts an ad-free 25mb server on f2s you can have it if you want because i don't use it anymore.

Thanks a bunch King Kong, highly appreciated. smile.gif

I think the mod should be ready to D/L in about 3 hours, will post here as soon as it´s up.

I´ll split the package with winrar, in 10 pieces á 2mb, so that 56k modem users can D/L it even without an resumable D/L manager and as i don´t know if the Server supports resume.

Let me be the first..

*SMOOCHES* Satchell a big wet one smile.gif

That's in advance, I am -dying- to dl that sound pack!

Keep us posted!

Konyak

satchel have you ripped the sounds from ghost recon? Theyre great and youll save me the job of doing it ;-)

I hope the sound pack will soon be downloadable somewhere

(Edited by Uzabit at 10:03 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

did you get the real HUMMV sounds in there?  The ones I posted?

I can host it also if you want.

(Edited by PV at 7:54 am on Nov. 28, 2001)

cool , great Satchel!

I just completed only the small arms.

Read my post, I was wondering that maybe we will not need to upload all the 20mb. What do you think?

By the way, I've only done 7 files.

I wanted to upload the soundmod yesterday, but some personal things came in the way (as always mad.gif) and had to be done first, so i´m uploading it later today.

@ AKM 74, there is a tool done by a czech programmer available for encoding/decoding .wss<=>.wav. There is a link to it posted in the mission editing section of the forum, do a search for .wss there.

@SMGTazzoli, i thought a similar way first, but then i realized, that addons have to be simple, without requiring the user to do file operations(depbo and stuffpbo), some are this illiterate with computers, that they won´t even bother touching those tools, although imho they are fairly simple.

The optimal solution would be an installer program, similar to the one BIS uses for their patches. That would be state of the art easy to handle and keeps filesize low.

But until we havn´t got such a thing at our fingertips, i prefer to upload the whole file, although it´s of course large, it´s easy to install (simply overwrite the original file after you made an backup copy of it).

Sorry for double posting, but forum has hickups again.

I wanted to upload the soundmod yesterday, but some personal things came in the way (as always mad.gif) and had to be done first, so i´m uploading it later today.

@ AKM 74, there is a tool done by a czech programmer available for encoding/decoding .wss<=>.wav. There is a link to it posted in the mission editing section of the forum, do a search for .wss there.

@SMGTazzoli, i thought a similar way first, but then i realized, that addons have to be simple, without requiring the user to do file operations(depbo and stuffpbo), some are this illiterate with computers, that they won´t even bother touching those tools, although imho they are fairly simple.

The optimal solution would be an installer program, similar to the one BIS uses for their patches. That would be state of the art easy to handle and keeps filesize low.

But until we havn´t got such a thing at our fingertips, i prefer to upload the whole file, although it´s of course large, it´s easy to install (simply overwrite the original file after you made an backup copy of it).

Thanks Satchel, I did search, but didn’t find the link. Can someone send me direct link to this program (converter) ?

Thanks in advance

vit124@hotmail.com

(Edited by AKM74 at 6:50 pm on Nov. 28, 2001)

How's the upload going? Just keeping this warm smile.gif

So did these sounds come from other games? If so, which ones?

Konyak

id hate for the sounds to have come from cs. cos thats way too unrealistic and done by semi-pros.

PLEEEASE tell me that there is echo when the weapons are fired. that would be so ace and untra realistic, unlike now, it just feels youre banging a drum very quickly but softly.

1.) i´m not using CS ripoffs, much material has been gathered from video flicks that show the weapon in action, some enhanced Ghost Recon material in there too.

2.) Delay, Echo effects are added to single fire and burst modi, but i can´t implement it to sustained fire (Full auto), because of the file structure of autofire sounds and how the sound is triggered OFP internally, they have to be very short, so no room for effects here.

OFP plays the MG soundfile fully, means if i would implement a 5 second clip, you would only hear a shot coming of the M60/PK every 5 seconds, if i would add a direct ripoff of an MG firing a stream, it would work initially, but the sound would keep playing until the soundfile is through completely, even after you stopped shooting, and that´s not what anyone would want....

Example:

M60 has a ROF of ca. 550rounds/min in OFP.

550rounds : 60 seconds = 9 rounds/sec(1000ms)

9 rounds - 1000ms

1 round - 111, 111111 ms

The clip has to be 111 ms long (0,1 seconds), so there is simply no room to add an effect.

3.) I can´t use King Kongs FTP currently, because i ám not permissioned to upload anything on it, although i can log in and create new folders...........

I wrote King Kong a msg about that.

The only thing that keeps me from releasing it, is webspace currently, hope to find a solution soon.

(Edited by Satchel at 3:16 am on Nov. 30, 2001)