Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

Need upload space for my OFP Sound replacement mod (20mb+).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">from Scullyvan on 2:12 am on Dec. 11, 2001 ok I tried out most of the units and here are my 2 cents worth of feedback

the AK74 doesnt sound that great i suggest using the ghost recon AK sounds as sample they sound pretty good

<span id='postcolor'>

I´d prefer to wait till i have some real life quality AK-74 recordings, those in GR sound to much like those in RS, and they weren´t that good imho.

maybe someone that fired AK-74´s can join in and give a hint what they sound like in reality.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

then the MP5 sounds a bit too metallic maybe muffle it a bit, i send two videos to your email address that i found in your icq profile.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, i´ve got them, thanks btw. But the audio recording in those 2 vids is distorted and readjusted, the G36 for example sounds different when fired live, i wouldn´t have identyfied it, just by hearing the audiopart without video as an G36, although it´s my standard issue rifle. Treble seems to be put down by a significant amount. In the second part of the video the snapping of the bolt carrier is louder than the shot itself.

The sound i used for the MP5SD6 is the sound of an MP5 with Gemtech Raptor supressor, from an MPEG video of good quality. The whizz is added.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The PK is too muffled it doesnt sound like it packs any punch, imo it sounds like its being fired a mile away

<span id='postcolor'>

A bit more treble should cure this, the recording itself is from al PK audio file of Kalashnikovs site.

The SU25's 30mm well how should i put this nicely

it sounds like crap lol it reminds me of radio static i'd say pitch it and redo that one

high rates of fire sound more like a continuous roar

<span id='postcolor'>

The SU 25 as AH-64 are addons, means they have their own .pbo files with according config.cpp/bin files, i  stated this earlier in the thread.

By default many automatic cannons share one soundfile, now the references for addons are in the according addon.pbo, which i havn´t adjusted yet.

That you hear obviously "new" sounds for the cannon of the SU-25, is because the config.cpp of the SU-25 links to the master config.cpp (bin) to use the A-10´s cannon sound.

This is why the SU-25 uses the A-10´s standard cannon, and the AH-64 the sound of the ZSU/Vulcan with own parameters for pitch, loudness and so on....but the same soundfile.

It should be possible to override the config.cpp of the addons via the master config.cpp in the /BIN folder, if this shouldn´t work, i will have to redo each addon seperately so they all get different sounds.

I find the rest to be pretty cool, I really like what you did to the M2 MG’s and the flying plane that sounds extremly tight

I’m looking forward to the next release smile.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks , as i wrote this is an very early release to get oppinions, and the final one should be almost perfect then.

(Edited by Satchel at 4:12 am on Dec. 11, 2001)

RashbaNor:

I just fixed the problem by doing this.

Since the pbo had been changed to CCInAudioSFX.pbo

and all the entries in the config.ccp had the little 3 instead of an N

I went into the config.ccp and copied the little 3.

Then i went to rename the CCInAudioSFX.pbo

I deleted the little n from the name and CTRL-V (Paste) the little 3.

It works fine, and god it sounds good.

Satchel you may wish to remember this for anyone else who has trouble getting this to work.

(Edited by Unl33t at 12:58 pm on Dec. 11, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 2:49 am on Dec. 11, 2001

I noticed that the CCI3 file that comes in the .rar is called CCInAudioSFX.pbo

it doesent have the little 3 on it, and i dont know how to get it up.

Also it tured my winrar into german so i figure the addon has a character my PC cant read or display...

Satchel will you be releasing an English verison?

<span id='postcolor'>

The Å‚ seems to be the problem, my fault sad.gif, there seems to be problems with some system setups when using Å‚.

For now you could rename the CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo into CCI3AudioSFX.pbo, i will upload a patch for it tomorrow for use with a .pbo titled CCI3AudioSFX.

You just replace the config.cpp with the new one then.

Just did a test with the new guns, and I must say I really like the sounds of the plains and choppers. The Sabot en Heat sounds awesome too smile.gif!! Some gunfire sounds might need some minor adjustments, but I'll let that handled by the experts who now how it should sound. Thanks alot for this exelent new sounds Satchel!!

For me when in the cockpit of any vehical with new sounds, after awhile it fades away.. known issue right? or something new... anyway

I think the M2 needs more of an authorative sound, or needs to be louder... otherwise exelent work

Going to outside view from a plane then going back in causes the inside engine rumble to stop.

The AK sounds horrible.

The PK is Horrible, The M60 Is Horrible, The M16 is the type of sound i had been hoping for, Im looking for sounds that have that Ghost Recon sound feel to it.

The SABOT sounds awsome, Helicopters sound great, Everything else is pretty much just fine.

But the AK and the PK are my main problems, they just sound so bad sad.gif

good work though Satchel, The File should be on wireplay within a day or so!

YES! SOUNDS! 60% left of file, a minute or so, then Im going testing it.

if it all works out, ill put a link to it and all at ofpediting.net..... just send me and email when u get a chance! bkissick@hotmail.com put subject as ofp if u can...

The MachineGuns on the Tanks sound strange....

It sound good from the inside of the tanks, but not on the outside.

You don't hear a "Bang", you just hear movement of the bolt-carrier. Doesn't sound good when shot at by a Tank-MG.

Satchel, did you checkout jimsoundpackbeta1.2? There are a lot of great sound in there in .wav so you can easily edit them (or even use them?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> from Unl33t on 9:03 am on Dec. 11, 2001Going to outside view from a plane then going back in causes the inside engine rumble to stop.

<span id='postcolor'>

You mean temporary. That actually seems to happen with most sounds, as soon as it reaches a certain overall loudness, OFP tries to dynamically adjust the volume somehow. Not much i can do and try here, except taking out the volume of the soundamples.....although i´m not sure it will work after i did so, but will test it.

The AK sounds horrible.

<span id='postcolor'>

Horrible compared to what, to the real thing you have shot, to a television series or Movie you have seen, to another game, or what you *think* it should sound like? Backup your statement a bit. If you have reference material (no, not out of another game), it would be helpful if you could post it, or send it via e-mail.

The PK is Horrible,

<span id='postcolor'>

<a href="http://www.sovietarmy.com/small_arms/pk.wav

</span><table" target="_blank">http://www.sovietarmy.com/small_a....><table</a> border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The M60 Is Horrible,

<span id='postcolor'>

<a href="http://1919a4.com/gca/arpc-toad-m60.mpg

</span><table" target="_blank">http://1919a4.com/gca....><table</a> border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

........ Im looking for sounds that have that Ghost Recon sound feel to it.

<span id='postcolor'>

When compared to real weapon videos (M4/M249SAW/MP5/M21/AK47) the Ghost Recon sounds of those weapons are unrealistic from what i can tell based on the vids (although they do sound good- no question), except for the MG3 which really does sound authentic.

But the AK and the PK are my main problems, they just sound so bad sad.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

I hope someone comes up with a good audio recording or video of the AK-74.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Sgt Kabukiman on 1:37 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

The MachineGuns on the Tanks sound strange....

It sound good from the inside of the tanks, but not on the outside.

You don't hear a "Bang", you just hear movement of the bolt-carrier. Doesn't sound good when shot at by a Tank-MG.

Satchel, did you checkout jimsoundpackbeta1.2? There are a lot of great sound in there in .wav so you can easily edit them (or even use them?)

<span id='postcolor'>

There can´t be 2 soundfiles for the machineguns, like one for inside and one for outside.......

Movement of the bolt carrier, hmm must be a pretty big carrier then biggrin.gif!?

I checked out Jim´s Soundpack, but i prefer to do my own stuff for now, as i don´t now the source of his files and their authenticy.

Behind every sound i put in so far was alot researching on the web and soundediting, this is why i don´t rip sounds of other people´s soundpacks.

Maybe Jim is interested in joining for an combined effort, i will drop him a e-mail.....it doesn´t make to much sense if there are 2 dozen soundpacks available for OFP in a month or so, we should handle this like it´s handled in the F4 mod community;

there is a terrain group, Realism group, 3D model group and so on. It would be best if it´s handled a similar way in the OFP mod cmmunity, to standartise future addons, in addition it´s less confusing as a positive sideeffect and brings up quality results much faster.

That's a shame with the "only one sound per weapon". Would be nicer with 2 sounds... but anyway...

Can you change that to a louder "BANG" instead of that "Klack-Klack"?

It's really weird to be mowed down by a Tank-MG and you didn't even hear WHAT was killing you....

As far as I know, Jim is in the swedish Army (TankGunner) and he recorded all sounds by himself... Well, that's what his website says...

(Edited by Sgt Kabukiman at 3:30 pm on Dec. 11, 2001)

The sounds are awesome, except maybe the AK and PK.

The tank cannons are especially good. I placed one M1A1 squad and one T80 in the desert, letting them roll on each other. When they opened fire... Lets just say I liked it smile.gif

And the sniper sound is equally good. Really neat, all Im waiting for is birds to fly up from the bush Im in from the noise.

Have some questions:

The M16. Is it suppose to have that strange leftover sound? It goes PANGKAFLOMP! It sounds wrong. Dont know, never heard a real M16.

The tank machinegun. When in weapon view the machinegun is on the right but the sound is left... Nothing big, but it looks strange in conjunction with the sound. One get dissoriented smile.gif. Can that be changed? Doesnt really matter.

The HK. Its kind of loud for being a silenced little thing. Havent heard it from distance though.

hey, yeah, get in touch with jim. ive been hinting to get him to join you to make a unified pack.

he was part of his countrie's army and claims to have fired many weapons.

plus, i have found out from him that the pk sound on sovietarmy.com is not real, so you should look at this with jim. i hope that jim and the 60th guards will be able to help you out.

the sounds are really good. in fact, i feel that i can fly the planes better with the new sounds heh, heh.

anyway, youve made the planes really good.

i like the PK sound, its nice and meaty, but as ive never heard one properly, ill leave the critisism to the experts.

however, i am concerned with the dragunov. i thought its supposed to be silenced/suppressed sniper rifle, and so should make such a racket. am i right?

the AK sounds a bit funny, but again, im no expert, i think its got a bit more bass from what ive heard. and has a much more rounded sound, not as clanking.

how about making all the sounds a bit louder? the explosions sound ok from the ground, but worse than before from the air. i like to turn the sound up and voice commands down so i get a more real effect...

great all round job, though.as you said, this is beta, and were trying our best to help smile.gif, as youve helped us with such a good mod

Brass,

do you have Jim´s e-mail or icq#, i see he´s too in the 60thgmrd.

We should discuss a cooperation.

Satchel,

I think Jim's small arms sounds are better, but everything else in yours is better (except maybe the tank cannon). I would very much like seeing a combined effort on a soundpack. Both drastically improve the game and a combination would be even better. I especially like how you can hear the A-10 and SU25 loitering around the area (Ground Attack 2 for example). Can't wait to see the results of the compilation.

Guest Scooby

I cant get soundpack to work. I tried renaming the file in windows explorer but it wont allow me to. Most likely because of the odd character in name.

It only seems to extract using winrar

Wouldn't bother though, it screws up some things in OFP anyway like walls not falling over when you shoot them plus tanks can drive right through them

Personally I think that guy Jim's soundpack was better anyway, although any replacement sounds are appreciated

Satchel, I don't want the soundmod to be 100% realistic like you seem to be making it.

Im not trashing your work here.

I just wanted the sounds to be as BEST as possible, I don't think the PK , M60 and the AK sound very attractive thats all.

Everything else is wonderfull!!!!!!!!

Unl33t, whats "best possible" if it's not realistic?

Personally, I'd prefer realistic sounds,  which I think is what this mod was aimed at doing...

(Edited by WTFonslaught at 7:41 am on Dec. 12, 2001)

Best possible is the best qaulity and the best overall sounding weapons.....

*edit*

So if unrealstic sounds make the gameplay more exiting than realistic ones, I would perfer unrealistic sounds.

If however, the realistic sounds are made to sound better than unrealistic ones, I would love that even more.

(Edited by Unl33t at 7:54 pm on Dec. 12, 2001)