Sign in to follow this  
klubargutan

KLU_GLT_missilebox_ace_enhancement(config)

was this file good?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. was this file good?

• yes
    • no

UPDATE 2.1!!

well, first time it was bad, because i made a replacement instead of config and and also i had not permission to do that...anyway, i gained permission and made config, but with signature i had problems...now everything is ok:yay: and this is my first mod...it contains:

all missiles and bombs are now in EASA module and free fall bombs are not selfguided now

2.1 -r550-bluefor side, fixed name of agm154a1 and gbu 53(31), added spotting scope... ... link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn5ysad546oeat1

please do not vote in poll without trying, thanks...simple, if u like it, then play with it, if you dont, then dont play(i know that someone is not using ace/missilebox -__-)

changelog from version 1.0: freefall bombs are now not selfguided(for veteran and expert difficulities, working with same on lower ones), same with laserguided bombs...(as you, fans, wanted)

Edited by Klubargutan

You should note that this is a enhancement for the GLT Missilebox and therefor this addon is required, else people will be confused.

To clarify: this addons enables the weapons from the GLT Missilebox for the ACE EASA module. For sure the credits for this addon belong to Klubargutan fully.

Please check if bisign and bikey files are made properly as there were several problems making them.

Anyway, congrats to release and for your first addon. If i might give an advice: learn something about using a DOS shell properly. ;)

Myke;2015052']You should note that this is a enhancement for the GLT Missilebox and therefor this addon is required' date=' else people will be confused.

To clarify: this addons enables the weapons from the GLT Missilebox for the ACE EASA module. For sure the credits for this addon belong to Klubargutan fully.

Please check if bisign and bikey files are made properly as there were several problems making them.

Anyway, congrats to release and for your first addon. If i might give an advice: learn something about using a DOS shell properly. ;)[/quote']

ok, thx, but about credits its not so sure, without u= no missilebox, without ace team= no ace and without bi no arma

Thanks to each of you. This was needed verry much. Again good work.
thx :cool:

Without me = no Missilebox

Without ACE Team = no ACE

Without you =no ACE EASA config for the Missilebox

I know it wasn't made in 5 minutes so credits well deserved.

Again thank you for this. A great addition indeed.

thx, its happy 2 c that players likes my tiny config

May be tiny but stuff like this is huge. Being able to use ACE2 with more stuff is what I like to see.

Thanks! Exactly what I never got time to do.

One request though...

"and also laserguided bombs are infrared guided"

Make another version, minus the 'feature' above.

There is already a bomb that uses a modified mk 82, with infrared targeting;The GCS-1. (JFD)

The only other was the Paveway III, which was never deployed.

Thanks! Exactly what I never got time to do.

One request though...

"and also laserguided bombs are infrared guided"

Make another version, minus the 'feature' above.

There is already a bomb that uses a modified mk 82, with infrared targeting;The GCS-1. (JFD)

The only other was the Paveway III, which was never deployed.

i didnt want to have it infrared guided, many planes have laser...and normal, freefall bombs are infrared guided in game, but irl no, so to make no disadvantage for laser guided bombs, i added to them infrared guiding....maybe ill make it soon without infrared guiding, ill make poll what who wants

i didnt want to have it infrared guided, many planes have laser...and normal, freefall bombs are infrared guided in game, but irl no, so to make no disadvantage for laser guided bombs, i added to them infrared guiding....maybe ill make it soon without infrared guiding, ill make poll what who wants

The issue is, free fall bombs are guided in game, but not guided at all in ACE, which this config mod is for. :P So you basically reverted one of the changes of ACE.

The issue is, free fall bombs are guided in game, but not guided at all in ACE, which this config mod is for. :P So you basically reverted one of the changes of ACE.

but gbu 12 in ace can lock on tanks, so i made it not to being opposite of ace, but with free fall bombs....mk84 is the strongest of bombs(well, gbu 53 and gbu 12 with mk84 warheads havent that much power as normal mk84 in glt missilebox) and many players like bombs like that, so i think that its good how it is now

but gbu 12 in ace can lock on tanks, so i made it not to being opposite of ace, but with free fall bombs....mk84 is the strongest of bombs(well, gbu 53 and gbu 12 with mk84 warheads havent that much power as normal mk84 in glt missilebox) and many players like bombs like that, so i think that its good how it is now

The GBU12 locking on in ace is a bug. And in fact, I think it's fixed already.

And like many other players, I love freefall bombs too. Which is precisely what Mando's missiles is for. Reverting it back to vanilla behavior is counterproductive to the entire idea of ACE or ACE compatible configs in the first place.

Agreed. If you want to make a mod that adds things, it's usually a good idea not to make it also change things at the same time. You can always make a separate mode for the actual changes.

The GBU12 locking on in ace is a bug. And in fact, I think it's fixed already.

And like many other players, I love freefall bombs too. Which is precisely what Mando's missiles is for. Reverting it back to vanilla behavior is counterproductive to the entire idea of ACE or ACE compatible configs in the first place.

then should i disable free fall and laserguided bombs's ground targets locking? anyway i dont use mando, i dont like it

Edited by Klubargutan

anyway i dont use mando, it sucks for me...

You probably would like to rephrase that to "it's not what i want" to avoid misinterpretings.

then should i disable free fall and laserguided bombs's ground targets locking? anyway i dont use mando, i dont like it

Laser guided bombs shouldn't lock on ground targets at all anyways. They should only lock onto lased objects, which could include anything a laser happens to fall on.

Laser guided bombs shouldn't lock on ground targets at all anyways. They should only lock onto lased objects, which could include anything a laser happens to fall on.

ehm, im not an idiot, everyone knows that...but i was asking just to do it, cos otherwise free fall and laser guided bombs(in planes without gps ins) will be for nothing...making poll on other thread

ehm, im not an idiot, everyone knows that...but i was asking just to do it, cos otherwise free fall and laser guided bombs(in planes without gps ins) will be for nothing...making poll on other thread

Disagree. Laserguided bombs require teamwork with ground troops to designate desired target. Freefall bombs require either MMA and/or a skilled Pilot.

Myke;2020110']Disagree. Laserguided bombs require teamwork with ground troops to designate desired target. Freefall bombs require either MMA and/or a skilled Pilot.

if u play singleplayer...u cannot make order to ur teammate to "lase" enemy tank...

+ version updated

The easy solution to this would be to make 2 versions. 1 unmodified behavior, and 1 modified behavior. Problem solved.

And I didn't mean to insinuate anything. But with so many non-native english speaking forum members, it's hard to tell exactly what someone means by any given statement most of the time.

To remark on your statement directly: 1. I don't understand how laser guided bombs are for nothing, considering that they will always lock onto a lazed target. 2. Free fall bombs are exactly that; freefall bombs. When given lockon status, they're even more accurate than GBUs, and can literally be dropped directly over a target and still hit. Like I said before, Mando provides a good alternative to essentially non-usable free-fall bombs.

But all in all, when I'm running ACE, I prefer realism above all else.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Just seen the latest update post. Thanks and congratz.

The easy solution to this would be to make 2 versions. 1 unmodified behavior, and 1 modified behavior. Problem solved.

And I didn't mean to insinuate anything. But with so many non-native english speaking forum members, it's hard to tell exactly what someone means by any given statement most of the time.

To remark on your statement directly: 1. I don't understand how laser guided bombs are for nothing, considering that they will always lock onto a lazed target. 2. Free fall bombs are exactly that; freefall bombs. When given lockon status, they're even more accurate than GBUs, and can literally be dropped directly over a target and still hit. Like I said before, Mando provides a good alternative to essentially non-usable free-fall bombs.

But all in all, when I'm running ACE, I prefer realism above all else.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Just seen the latest update post. Thanks and congratz.

lol, thanks, but i got an problem, i wonder, how that guys from ace made mk82 unguidable even with recruit/regular difficulities, in version 3.0 it will be that type...if that version comes

anyway u didnt insinuate anything

A new version of the Missile Box by Myke is out:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6071

I noticed there are some additional classes that the ACE enhancement is missing. I know it is a lot of config work but I would love to see an updated version of your EASA-compatible enhancement.

This is really a must for everyone using ACE, now, especially when coupled with the Real Air Weapons addon.

I noticed Myke released the SniperPod as a mountable weapon. If this was selectable in the EASA I could make a specific mod for the Missile Box that will allow every plane mounting a SniperPod to use the enhanced MFD camera possibilities.

Looking forward to it but - thanks a lot for what you've done already!

A new version of the Missile Box by Myke is out:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6071

I noticed there are some additional classes that the ACE enhancement is missing. I know it is a lot of config work but I would love to see an updated version of your EASA-compatible enhancement.

This is really a must for everyone using ACE, now, especially when coupled with the Real Air Weapons addon.

I noticed Myke released the SniperPod as a mountable weapon. If this was selectable in the EASA I could make a specific mod for the Missile Box that will allow every plane mounting a SniperPod to use the enhanced MFD camera possibilities.

Looking forward to it but - thanks a lot for what you've done already!

already working on it...but i have much of work in the prestige high school...expect that mod at the weekend

Edited by Klubargutan