Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

An American map!?!?

BIS is making a map based in America??? I didn't think this was possible lol j/k That's awesome! I'm hoping that while the game will still be focused on helicopters you still can get into cars and drive around the map because if you can, I just might remake my police car and release my fire truck! That would be extreme if you can pilot an EMT life flight helicopter and land in crazy places to pick up patients. It would be nice if BIS could also implement more realistic functions of cars too.

Closer to the ground it will probably be too low-res, otherwise would've been really cool if it was allowed to be ported into AA3 one of these days...

I see in the trailer that models from OA were used, and possibly A2.

Maybe those that buy this game would get some sort of engine update with OA/CO? Or some backwards compatibility?

The ground will be low res indeed. That would be sweetness tho.. Hey. i live in seattle! :D cool to see my city on the front page

MS Flight Simulator got its start in the Tacoma area.I think Seattle looks great so far but hope they do improve the ground textures.Be nice to see moving traffic and pedestrians to.

Heh, I used Tacoma as my default flight long before SFX - and I'm norwegian :) I simply loved flying into the mountains in the east. Good times. Bad textures and "auto gen" :p

The terrain for Take on Helicopters is primarily meant to be seen from the air. It is a flight simulator, you know.

Some areas of the map might have very good detail, such as the airports and heliports, but not the whole map.

Don't expect as much detail as in ArmA II or ArmA III.

Certainly detail won't be the same as ArmA but as you say some parts may be decent enough for ground based missions in that game. Perhaps if mission makers also then built up the detail in small areas of the map they wanted to utilise then that would be good.

You could create an invasion mission, maybe you're fight focuses on couple of small towns but over the water you see a real time battle for the whole city playing out...it certainly be true to form for the game, making you feel like a 'small cog in a big machine'!

It would be great if something could be done that allowed cars to recognize the road parts of the map and follow them, even if it is very basic.