Sign in to follow this  
Dreahack

Please remove trees around airfields

I civil engineering,there's a disance around airfields in which you shouldnt have trees and high buildings around them.

sadly only the airfield near vybor respects this rule...but the others (takistan and chernaus) don't...:j:

I remember that we cut down trees on Western Panthera airport with APCs in order for plane to land ;)

I'll keep in mind with other projects and gradually remove trees near all airports and replace them with shrub.

It is dumb to have trees that close, yes... but it's very possible to take off. I take off with any plane at Balota and Krasnostav with no troubles.

Well, yours and possibly my skill probably supersedes the skill of the AI, because I often see them crash due to trees. Even during normal takeoffs without any foes around to confuse them. AI + C130 + Utes = Disaster (quite often).

I'm all for not having trees along the extended centerline of the runway, but don't care much about the sides. As for airport and approach charts, any obstructions (and yes, there may be plenty) are clearly mapped on special obstruction maps.

i find it good that there are trees in the way, because in a combat zone its not going to be easy to land because of obstructions, but if you have a problem with trees just jump in a tank and knock the trees down

cherna and takistan are 3rd world countries with under developed infrastructure, raging civil strife and megalomaniacal dictators, i dont think they are going to respect those regs with great precision :p

but seriously though, it would be nice to have bigger safety buffers

Another problem are hangars. I usually put them too close to the taxiways :/ well, my airports are usually not intended for large birds, so it doesn't matter. But sometimes Il-76s or B-52s have to operate on map, too :)