Sign in to follow this  
cannonouscrash

Question on BIS copywritten material

you know my email, so don't hesitate sent stuff like this :)

I have seen that Huey used many times in GTA IV.

And anyways it's not copyrighted by anyone I think, he does give credit if it is.

Just let BIS handle this, they're pro's.

Question to you, Arch: Would it make a difference to you if the guy that robbed you 'gave credit' to you in some form?

When the dude robs you you lose stuff.

I'm against infringement, just think that using "you wouldn't steal a car" argument is silly.

Might seem silly to you, but it is clearly not silly to those guys who do those models for a living. Finding your stuff floating about the internets when you explicitly prohibit people from using your stuff outside a defined environment (The ArmA series in this particulary case) is and will remain theft, twist it all you want.

I found and pm'd Wolle about these...

W0lle's been on holiday for a while now, as his signature clearly states. ;)

This isn't the first time I've seen these exact same GTA IV addons on that very website. I think it was reported a long time ago. The evidence that the videos showing them have been removed by their uploader supports this. Perhaps they were reuploaded or, for whatever reason, the website didn't take them down. In any case, it shall be left to BIS from here on out.

Email sent to the site for them to be taken down, in future it's best to contact myself or a forum moderator directly rather than starting a thread about them.