Sign in to follow this  
Miki45

HD AKS-74 Plum

Memory usage might be a concern with a high poly model, the .p3d i gonna be pretty big in size which I think will have an impact on memory especially if you plan on adding more "extreme" high poly models in game.

STGN

today early morning we're tested this addon with author on our linux MP server.

i made a little changes in our well known mission wheres 250+ enemies fighting.

changed all east (enemy) units to Miki45's russian soldier with this new weapon addon.

test was successful. no lag or any anomalies. enemies are using their new weapon well and killed us pretty nice a couple of times.

nice addon.

So did you have these Ak74 too or was it only the ennemy that had them? I am concerned that all other models ingame will have to chose a lower lod to run when you have the Ak74 in hand because if I understood it right, BIS has said OFP run max aprox. 32000 faces on screen at any time.

STGN

So did you have these Ak74 too?

i grabbed from dead enemy soldier and try it in work. also tried to put into vehicle (UAZ, Kawasaki and Quad)

So did you have these Ak74 too or was it only the ennemy that had them? I am concerned that all other models ingame will have to chose a lower lod to run when you have the Ak74 in hand because if I understood it right, BIS has said OFP run max aprox. 32000 faces on screen at any time.

STGN

32 000??

flashpointresistance201m.jpg

here 10*25000 (weapons)faces + 10*7000 (units)faces

so that's 320 000 faces

Edited by Miki45

32 000??

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5919/flashpointresistance201m.jpg

here 10*25000 (weapons)faces + 10*7000 (units)faces

so that's 320 000 faces

Yes I miss recalled what BIS said:

Once you will have more than 32767 vertices or faces, your model will stop working because of 16-b index overflow. Other than that, there should be no fixed limit.

Number of vertices is linked to the number of points, but it is usually higher (and you cannot check this number in O2).

But how does it run with out any lods just the 25k one, on multiple soldiers fighting?

STGN

But how does it run with out any lods just the 25k one, on multiple soldiers fighting?

it have lods 2nd lod have 850 faces,3rd 300 faces,so in battlle it use lods

even 1st person model is switched to lover lod when HW need it (i think that in big battle is more importrant that game run)

it have lods 2nd lod have 850 faces,3rd 300 faces,so in battlle it use lods

even 1st person model is switched to lover lod when HW need it (i think that in big battle is more importrant that game run)

850 faces is relatively small when we're talking about 'main playing LOD' (let's assume that 25,000 faces LOD won't be showed during normal session) - I've some German AK model with ca. 1300 faces and it'd be nice to add some things here and there. But then again, when it comes to FPS I'd like to have 850 faces, not 25,000 :)

But don't worry Miki, if you'd keep LODs as they are now, I think that we won't have much trouble with your AK ;)

in 1st persion main lods isn't showed in really big battles,in standart is showed

lod with 850 faces is usualy showed at distance biggest than 2 meters so in that dist you hardly recognize main parts

25 000

flashpointresistance201.jpg

850 (unfinished lod)

flashpointresistance201a.jpg

d39b6cZGUmM

Edited by Miki45

Well I am looking forward to trying out your mod to see how it runs on my computer.

STGN

Well I am looking forward to trying out your mod to see how it runs on my computer.

STGN

that will be a problem,cos i don't have public version of my mod

Looking forward to it too :)

by the way, where are those russian units on your pics from?

Okay fair enough, but why then go to the trouble of posting here, seems rather pointless?

STGN

then why bother posting screenshots, creating a topic and showing your work off to public if your not going to release it. I dont understand :confused:

then why bother posting screenshots, creating a topic and showing your work off to public if your not going to release it. I dont understand :confused:

Well, he said that he won't release his mod*, I hope that he'll release his weapons pack, though.

*As you can see on screenshots or vids, Miki is using modified OFP and his AK is probably only one part of bigger work

now i don't have public version

that mean i will have public version,now i don't have ti because of aks so when i will finish aks (and make english version),i will relase it as addon and i will relase my mod

Edited by Miki45