Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

Anyone Still Going to Play ARMA 2 when ARMA 3 Comes Out?

Are you still going to play ARMA 2/OA when ARMA 3 comes out?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still going to play ARMA 2/OA when ARMA 3 comes out?

• Yes, I'll always play it
    • Yes, but only once in a while
    • No

Well, I´ll definitely wait and see what the ACE guys decide to do with the game.

I will keep playing A2 even when A3 is out, atleast until I upgrade my computer so it can handle A3 and not turn into a dustpile the moment I start it.

Say that I can play A3, I would probably still play A2 atleast for a while.

Voted for always as A3 does not support dualcores....

I will buy A3 but continue to play A2, and enjoy the mods and user made missions as there are so many still out there. Personally I hope many of the current mods still see fit to continue developing for A2, at least for a while, rather than drop development to focus on porting.

Depends on how good the game comes out to be, if it is then A2 will be left behind, but I will play once in awhile just to compare and feel the diffrences..

hi,

I will wait the patches/fixes for a while sticking to ArmA2 but when ArmA3 will be playable I don't think I'll play ArmA2 anymore. I loved ofp to death, I play it from time to time in MP or editor but I don't like enough ArmA2 to come back to it after I buy ArmA3.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Perhaps. The preferable scenario would be to have the content of Arma 2 modded or DLCd into A3.

Exactly. It would be mad to waste such massive content since the visual quality will propably be only a little bit worse. I expect modders to work hard applying PhysX to A2 content. :P

That would be a shitload of content for the money plus the mods for A2 ported...holy crap.

Edited by ziiip

It will take only days for MP A2 servers to change over to A3, so i envisage most MP players to never return, due to no infrastructure.

how about ARMA 2. Will that still have any servers or will that die off as well.

Yes I'm sticking to it because 1st, I don't like the future setting nur do I like arid terrain, 2nd, my PC and OS can't run ArmA3 and im not willing to buy a new one just for a single game.

Yes I'm sticking to it because 1st, I don't like the future setting nur do I like arid terrain, 2nd, my PC and OS can't run ArmA3 and im not willing to buy a new one just for a single game.
Yeah, I too have only dual core PC and an NVIDIA 9800 GT. I'll have to upgrade my video card and CPU (my dad probably have some quad core computer laying around somewhere in his house) so I'll ask him for that I guess, but then I still got the video card. It's pretty tough on the budget I guess. My question is, if a lot of servers are going to be going on their way to ARMA 3, how will the ARMA 2 servers remain.

I'd love to see the new scripting commands introduced in A3. See what funny/evil scripts I can make ;)