Sign in to follow this  
Maciek95PL

Changing profile name

Hello!

Is there a way to change profile name for my first profile? I've noticed that it is for new profiles that I create, but not for my basic one.

Don't think so tbh, as its the admin / username of the windows account you used when you installed ArmA2. You could try changing that within windows itself and then see if ArmA2 has a problem. Good luck.

Still can't do anything about it. I guess main profile is untouchable in this aspect. I can't delete it as well.

No you can't delete it. This is a letdown yes.

I just created a second profile with my preferred name, and customised the controls to my liking.

Sorted :D

Just make another profile. Problem solved!

You could also try changing the name of your computer's admin and reinstalling ARMA2.

Reason was that I thought that there are some kind of troubles with newly created profile(it didn't remember changes made in settings), so I wanted to use my old one. Now everything seems to work correctly. I have no idea why I had troubles, nor why now it's OK, but anyway, thanks for your help. BTW, I just can't get out of admiration over ArmA community. It's so great that if someone has any trouble, he can come here and ask and there are so many people willing to help! Thanks again guys!

A good thing to do once you have you game set up and key bindings redone in your other profile is to copy the whole folder to a safe location in case you have to reinstall for some reason. Has saved my butt a few times after a reinstall. After you are done with your reinstall and everything is patched up create a new profile with the name you used before then shut the game down and overwrite the one you just created with the back up and you will be ready to go. XML, key bindings and custom face are all as they were and it saves you lots of time.

I don't know if you actually have to make the "other profile" first (before copying your backup), I always do though just to make sure the game is looking for one.