Sign in to follow this  
BobcatBob

What kind of Body Armor will be in the game? (if any)

I didnt mean it had to be dragon skin for pmc, christ. But I would love to see armor for each country slightley like their current counterpart. That way military nerds could identify enemies by their equipment as opposed as to whether they are shooting at you.

Anyway, it would also be interesting to have different physics calculations for each armor type. So you get like a semi randomized exponential decrease in velocity for the bullet as it passes through multi-layer armor (like interceptor), dispersed damage for each plate of a dragonskin type armor, a one time threshold break for liquid armor to simulate the depressurizing if it did break, ect.

Speaking of PMC's, I think they would be a cool testbed faction for all sorts of exotic things that we only have youtube videos of right now, not just armor.

Oh and screw liquid armor, we need this XD

Few of you guys are talking about what matters, your all debating the values of dragon skins VS others... what's that got to do with arma guys? This thread is about the hopeful idea that some type of body armour -WHATEVER ITS NAME- will be added, you all know what ever it looks like will be cosmetic ONLY and the physics of it will be rudimentary, so how this or that armour performs in real life, means NOTHING to this thread.

Personally i've seen ONE game only ever that had body armour worked in, Americas Army 3. the "armour" would let you take 3 rounds to the chest, before breaking and leaving you exposed, which made for don't aim for the chest habit to be trained.

It's a feature sorely lacking in today's game where we look like 21'st century soldier, but are actually armoured like world war one.. aka no armour, specially when chest shots are almost always fatal in game.

Well, if it's a carryable item and we can add weight to a unit even if the implants (ehh?) aren't there, we could script a custom handledamage eventhandler to make it happen.

Weh, I´d love for the game to actually model body armour. That´s one of the little things that´d make it just that tingy bingy itsy bitsy bit more enjoyable for me.

That´d mean, though, even more work for the modders when porting old models into the game.

Gotta strike a balance, I guess.

Yeah they might not want to go too overboard with it (though I honestly have no idea just how much is too much) it might be as simple as putting in a few damage reduction values like %speed/kinetic energy decrease=%damage increase for each round type.

Few of you guys are talking about what matters, your all debating the values of dragon skins VS others... what's that got to do with arma guys? This thread is about the hopeful idea that some type of body armour -WHATEVER ITS NAME- will be added, you all know what ever it looks like will be cosmetic ONLY and the physics of it will be rudimentary, so how this or that armour performs in real life, means NOTHING to this thread.

Personally i've seen ONE game only ever that had body armour worked in, Americas Army 3. the "armour" would let you take 3 rounds to the chest, before breaking and leaving you exposed, which made for don't aim for the chest habit to be trained.

It's a feature sorely lacking in today's game where we look like 21'st century soldier, but are actually armoured like world war one.. aka no armour, specially when chest shots are almost always fatal in game.

>Aim for center mass because its the most lethal and easiest spot to hit

>everyone wears body armor that can stop AK47 rounds at point blank and helmets that can stop pistol and certain rifle rounds

a vicious circle :p

dragon skin being able to stop a grenade thats underneath it is pointless because:

a. its going to kill you

b. even if it wasnt underneath you, its probably going to kill you because of all of the other unarmored spots in your body.

c. the concussive force and pressure from explosions are the most dangerous parts of the explosion, and body armor doesnt stop that. (which is why you can be shot and still die even if the bullet doesnt penetrate because the force can break ribs, or stop your heart if you get shot between heartbeats)

the US Army uses the Improved Outer Tactical Vest (a variant of the interceptor body armor), and the soldier plate carrier, the US Marines use the Scalable Plate Carrier (SPC) and the Modular Tactical Vest (MTV), and i think (it could vary) all USSOCOM and JSOC units, Delta, Devgru, Seals, SF, Rangers, ASWG, MARSOC, Navy EOD, USAF JTAC's, CCT's, SOWT's and PJ's use the eagle industries CIRAS (the seals might use the MCIRAS im not sure) and the brits use the Osprey body armor