Sign in to follow this  

Us army to release first person shooter

Gamespot E3 article :

E3 2002: US Army gets Unreal

The US Army licenses Epic Games' Unreal Engine for its upcoming game, America's Army.

Epic Games has announced that the United States Army has licensed the Unreal Engine for use in its upcoming PC game, America's Army. More information about the game will be revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles later this week.

"Our selection of the next-generation Unreal Engine was the most important decision we made when charting our development path for 'America's Army,'" said LTC Casey Wardynski, originator of the America's Army concept and manager of the development program. "The Unreal engine has allowed us to push our graphics and realism beyond the state-of-the-art."

Why would we shoot Canadians? Just America, Jr.....

lol.....jk

I hope its not some ra-ra yippee America rules game....but more in the vain of OFP....with a lot more stuff and missions and enemies biggrin.gif

ah yes gunning down hordes of arabs bearing AK-47s while utilizing large quantities of U.S. weaponary

The game looks great though,not the 2d one.

Probably a good move. I mean they have been sponsoring propaganda movies for a very long time, why not expand to pc-games. The cost to develop a computer game is nothing, while the recruitement possibilities are very good. Target the kids smile.gif

Anyway, here are some screenshots:

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

26.jpg

32.jpg

Looks pretty nice. I am however very sceptical to the unreal engine for large outdoors action. I guess that it will be something like Ghost Recon. Don't think that it is a threat to OFP.

I take it this is a recruiting stunt?

I think OFP would be more appropriate for such a game.

I doubt my computer can handle it.

I am really amazed! Take a look how the game site integrates seamlessly with the goarmy recruitment site. The founder of Hitlerjugend would be proud. Talk about seducing the youth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 22 2002,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">7.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

*DROOLING RELENTLESSLY* OH HOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOO, MY GOD!!!!! I See me a .50 cal sniping instrument!

IS there a place i can download it ? I'm reading the forums on the site and it says you can dl or they will send a cd out to you.I want to download,soo help my blind ass. smile.gif

I think they have to give it free because of america tax dollars.

Beware of leaving registration info....expect calls from you friendly neighborhood recruiter....

The only thing that I see is better then in OFP are the ironsights:

10.jpg

Just look at the landscapes in the game. Have you seen anything like that IRL?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ May 22 2002,22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Beware of leaving registration info....expect calls from you friendly neighborhood recruiter....<span id='postcolor'>

That's why i'm going wait until i can download it off the internet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would we shoot Canadians? Just America, Jr.....

<span id='postcolor'>

What does it feel like to be ignorant?, I want to know. biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I don't think of it as a recruiting drive. Just a way to make some revenue for the Army and part P.R. thing too. They might also use it to train tactics to their soldiers as well. Why put up with a civy made game when the army can make a game to it's own specs. Well, time will tell how 'realistic' it is though.

Denoir, you should know more than most here, real life is nothing like a PC game. I doubt many kids will stay in the infantry when they find out what it is really like.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The founder of Hitlerjugend would be proud.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, yes, the U.S. army is telling children that they belong to a pure race and that all Jews and minorities should be stuffed into concentration camps. * :rolls eyes: *

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ May 22 2002,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would we shoot Canadians? Just America, Jr.....

<span id='postcolor'>

What does it feel like to be ignorant?, I want to know. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol

wondered how long it would take biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 22 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am really amazed! Take a look how the game site integrates seamlessly with the goarmy recruitment site. The founder of Hitlerjugend would be proud. Talk about seducing the youth.<span id='postcolor'>

ahh yes, but the Hitler youth got a knife and a compass. We are giving our future inductees and excuse to sit on their ever fattening asses. I guess the army thinks that boot camp'll sort em out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ May 22 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 22 2002,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">7.jpg<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

uhm, the way the guy is holding that sniper rifle leads me to believe this will be a counter-strike type of game, and the guy with the same rifle in a close quarters environment. just plain silly, i do hope that i'm wrong cause the game looks very nice but i doubt i'll be replacing ofp anytime soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ May 22 2002,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seriously though, I don't think of it as a recruiting drive. Just a way to make some revenue for the Army and part P.R. thing too.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, they are giving it for free. As I said, check out the game site and see how nicely it is integrated with the http://www.goarmy.com/ recruitment site.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, you should know more than most here, real life is nothing like a PC game. I doubt many kids will stay in the infantry when they find out what it is really like.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, they find that out after signing a 3-year contract.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The founder of Hitlerjugend would be proud.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, yes, the U.S. army is telling children that they belong to a pure race and that all Jews and minorities should be stuffed into concentration camps. * :rolls eyes: *

<span id='postcolor'>

No, I was not refering to the political education but the recruiting. There it was "oh, let's all go into the nature and play the "marching on a line"-game because it is so much fun. This is the 21-century equivalent of the Hitlerjugend outdoor activities.

all countries try to make joining look favorable, all countries do it, the US army just has the money to do it better, so get off your fucking highhorse.

anywho, the game looks AMAZING, where is this download? or is it not out yet?

anyone know...

as for the pic of the guy with the 50 cal rifle in the same scene with come CQC weapons.. its a screeshot.. so show off as much of the game as possable.

I imagine its not like HL.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ May 23 2002,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ May 22 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 22 2002,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">7.jpg<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

uhm, the way the guy is holding that sniper rifle leads me to believe this will be a counter-strike type of game, and the guy with the same rifle in a close quarters environment. just plain silly, i do hope that i'm wrong cause the game looks very nice but i doubt i'll be replacing ofp anytime soon.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe their heading out into the desert and isn`t that camo a bit off for the envoiroment ?