Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 81921

If the thing about the increased object rendering distance is true, then it would explain the FPS drop. So the obvious way to get your beloved FPS back is to lower the rendering distance so that objects are drawn at roughly the same distance as they were before.

Problem solved, the only difference being a bit less empty terrain on the horizon. Big woop.

Just to be clear, this new experimental interpolation tech currently doesn't do anything in multiplayer but will do in future patches and/or ARMA 3? I don't have OA anymore to test it, gave it away after losing any hope of warping in multiplayer being reduced to any significant level.

Just to be clear, this new experimental interpolation tech currently doesn't do anything in multiplayer but will do in future patches and/or ARMA 3? I don't have OA anymore to test it, gave it away after losing any hope of warping in multiplayer being reduced to any significant level.

That's correct. According to Suma's blog post, it seems that they're ironing out the kinks in SP before they add it to MP, most likely in a future patch. And you can be damn sure it will be in Arma3 aswell. ;)

tried something on this beta. in a heli above isla du ala i turned view distance up to 10000. it was smoother than i expected with only small jitter when rapidly turning. that was pretty damn nice. interestingly enough the amount of vegetation/trees in the distance wasn't visibly that much greater from 3000m (my usual) to 10000. or maybe that's just too far to see many details.

Got 3 Out of memory crashes when playing Dogs Of War mission for several hours. Files emailed to Dwarden.

same here , getting out of memory crashes frequently with this beta

same here , getting out of memory crashes frequently with this beta

Arma2oa.exe consumed over 2.2GB memory for a long time before crashes (probably because of heavy Dogs Of War mission and visibility of 10000), but that should not be a reason for crash since I've got 8GB RAM and Win7 64 and the game is large address aware according to the developers. So those crashes must be still memory leaks.

Anyway time to move on using next beta released yesterday and forget this one.

Having problems with pixely bushes/trees and visible shadows/coronas on grass layer with my 5970 on most recent driver version (10.10 only fix at the moment) - all fine before last patch and still ocuring in the lastest betas . Any chance of a fix ?

Full description of problem here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117468