Sign in to follow this  
EnGhedi

[Answered] Error playing Arma II - TRIED EVERYTHING

Demo runs perfectly... now I am stupidified...

Are there any differences in the Steam version from the box version?

Since you did support BI by buying this game, you're better off torrenting the game and using your CD key. It should work, but make sure it isn't a cracked torrent, just a copy of the original DVD. You paid for the game. If nothing works, then I see no reason why you can't download a possible solution to your problem.

I'M NOT TRYING TO PROMOTE PIRACY

I won't use piracy if I wanted to buy a box in the first place... come on...

The item is working in my old machine running Vista, so this could very well be a problem with Windows 7 or something. No other game gives me this problem, so maybe, there's a solution. So far I have 15€ worth of useless plastic at home...

It's getting frustrating now. It's been 15 days trying this, I sent that PM do Dwarden and so far only you guys replied and no one from BI...

i got no PM from you in past 4 months ... and i keep all the history intact

imo the problem here seems like

1. driver issue

2. no-admin or similar limited rights issue

3. some security suite or antivirus preventing proper run

4. is the game updated properly to last build ?

Edited by Dwarden

Well I did send that messasge, both through Costumer Suppport and right after the suggestion. I did not invent this. Anyway, thank you for coming here.

1- Updated All drivers for Bootcamp Win 7 plus Nvidia drivers too.

2- All rights and permissions granted, security level is set to low.

3- Norton was uninstalled and I now run Windows Essentials. Same results.

4- Just checked the latest Build and confirmed I downloaded the latest patch.

Again, I mention that the Steam demo is working fine. :(

Should I consider I am not worthy of costumer support?

Because thousands of copies work fine, including other systems similar to mine, I am to be considered a lesser user, thus have no real support.

If you want me to shut up, I will. This costumer support is really bad.

Wow. Just wow.

I understand the frustration, I really do, but what exactly do you expect? What exactly constitutes 'real support' to you? This thread is full of people trying to help you solve your problem. Pretty much every likely cause has been covered. Has it occurred to you that no one has a solution? It's fairly obvious there is something unique about your system causing the problem, rather than a defect in the game code. Unless someone has been hiding a magic bullet, about the only remaining diagnostic is to tear the whole system apart and go over it with a fine-tooth comb. Are you seriously expecting BI to expend those kind of man hours to figure out what's broken on your system?

Unless you skipped something already suggested, your only real option at this point is to format your drive and reinstall Windows.

Vohk

I am not a child and I know exactly what you are saying and I've been trying to be patient all this time. However, the only true steps into solving this problem only occurred when I signed in this forum after several emails requesting support. For some reason, no one seems to know their whereabouts. The only official support I got came after days, almost weeks of the topic start and not really supportive.

I am SURE this problem has a solution and that the developers do have checklists that cover a problem I may be having, but instead, it's been a month and I still have no game, just a box.

Furthermore, placing the word [answered] in this topic is somehow ironic. Nothing was asked and nothing was answered. So if this is a way to say "quiet!" then I have nothing else to say.

I have a problem with a system that is claimed to run this game. It does not. Everything is legit and I cannot emphasize more that others have pirated versions running... what's up? It's just sad...

It was marked as "Answered" because people answered your question. Answering a question does not mean resolving it. If your problem was fixed, it would be marked "Resolved".

And

"Everything is legit and I cannot emphasize more that others have pirated versions running.."

I cannot emphasize more that there are many, many people running with a legit version and absolutely no issues, this has nothing to do with pirated or legal versions of the game.

One last question, does your Windows account in Bootcamp have administrator privileges? If not, go into the control panel to change that. Also, try running the game as administrator by right-clicking and then clicking "Run as Administrator".

This is a problem with Windows, not the game itself. If anything, you should be contacting Microsoft for support. It doesn't matter if it's just this game that's not launching, it's still a problem within Windows, not the game.

Edited by Nicholas

I tried that, I even ran the security options and placed everything to "everyone" with full access...

I give up... so many great games to play, I'm not going to waste my time on the one single game that gives me these stupid problems...

I'm really sorry for you, but with all due respect I don't believe that it's the game that creates problems. We're all able to run it. I have no idea what's the reason that you can't.

regards