Sign in to follow this  
MoS

Render to texture - what are the possibilities?

Deanosbeano has had a play around with the RTT on TOH:

O3AALwuTetc

Interesting. Wonder if he knows its limitations...

I liked to see this in TOH preview :)

Edited by RobertHammer

iam convinced now ... they must (please) implement RTT :pray:

something like the doom 3 RTT (and controls) for displays inside of a tank, so that for example the loader has a display for switching ammo and review tank status, a UAV conected display for the commander ... this way you could have nice and immersive tank gameplay from inside without the use of the actionmenu and hud!

question: do RTT displays wich just show 2D graphics and texts like menus or something, affect performance as much as RTT cameras with the whole world displayed a second time?

ok bis is planning a whole lot of features for arma 3, but RTT must find its way into arma 3 ... if they have no time to use it properly in their models, just let the comunity take care of :)

question: do RTT displays wich just show 2D graphics and texts like menus or something, affect performance as much as RTT cameras with the whole world displayed a second time?

Definitely not. :)

Theoretically, it would be like rendering a second GUI, with similar performance costs (very low).

ok bis is planning a whole lot of features for arma 3, but RTT must find its way into arma 3 ... if they have no time to use it properly in their models, just let the comunity take care of :)

RTT is a confirmed Arma 3 feature :) . They are going to use it for rear view mirrors and for monitors as far as we know .

Definitely not. :)

Theoretically, it would be like rendering a second GUI, with similar performance costs (very low).

this sounds good!

RTT is a confirmed Arma 3 feature :) . They are going to use it for rear view mirrors and for monitors as far as we know .

this sounds even better :D

this will offer great possibilitys for the modders for sure!

but maybe BIS will find more usage for this too, i mean mirrors are cool but RTT scopes and displays will make the game soooo much better.

Confirmed? Hell Yeah, finally some good news for me :icon_twisted:

It was Confirmed by your Boss - Buchta! :p

It was Confirmed by your Boss - Lord Buchta! :p

Looks like someone didn't get the memo :p .

P.S. I fixed that for you robert :cool: