Sign in to follow this  
7Cav.Tsaba

Bore Evacuator wrong on Soviet Tank?

I saw the pictures for Arma 3, don't get me wrong, I'm very excited, but, is this tank supposed to be soviet? If so, is it in existence (ie. on paper)? If not, the bore evacuator is on the wrong part of the barrel, Soviet built tanks usually have the bore evacuator on the last half of the barrel not the first half.

ec50496b-43900.jpg

Other Soviet Tanks

T72

t-72b-line.gif

T80

t-80b-line.gif

T90

800px-T-90_snorkel.jpg

I know Bohemia has always tried to be as authentic as possible, and I just wanted to bring it up seeing as it is just a minor flaw on the model if any.

Its the future man so get over it, in te future is everything thing different so don't expect realism.

Oh and by the way this shows a merkava Mk 4/5 or a Land-Rider mark 20 who knows what we will see next, lets wait for more info before speculating.

And dont worry even if the bore evacuator is worong or on the back of the tank it will be like in all arma games.

zero impact on performance of the kit you field.

Will just look strange.

Oh, I just love first-time posters with great revelations of "the finger should be 0,7 mm further to right" type ;)

I saw the pictures for Arma 3, don't get me wrong, I'm very excited, but, is this tank supposed to be soviet? If so, is it in existence (ie. on paper)? If not, the bore evacuator is on the wrong part of the barrel, Soviet built tanks usually have the bore evacuator on the last half of the barrel not the first half.

I know Bohemia has always tried to be as authentic as possible, and I just wanted to bring it up seeing as it is just a minor flaw on the model if any.

I note several things:

Soviet? No Soviet for a long time :)

Usually? Usually implies some amount of divergence.

No mention of faction of tank anywhere so far.

Even knowing this fact, I will never, ever, notice it ingame :)

Woof. I need a drink :D

Lol at all this ganging up on someone who is concerned with authenticity... It's like a sci-fi mob.

But like has been said it appears to be a Merkava so it's all good :)

Why are you focussed on Soviet tanks? I other words: Where did you read that there will be Soviet tanks in Arma 3? In other words: It is not a Soviet tank.

Check this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119512

Welcome, mate!

The main page says Eastern Armies, and Russia has always been a major player in the manufacture and design of military equipment.

http://www.arma3.com/#story

As far as the link he doesn't have the tank in question, he has the "Merkava 4M" which my guess is BLUFOR,

24df4277-43899.jpg

he does have a broken link for a "Patria MCV/URL" which is an APC when searched as under Patria.

Thank you for the link though.

Oh, I just love first-time posters with great revelations of "the finger should be 0,7 mm further to right" type ;)

:rolleyes:

Come on, at least he didn't post it like "OMG; ZE TANK IS VRONG!!1!""

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

The main page says Eastern Armies, and Russia has always been a major player in the manufacture and design of military equipment.

http://www.arma3.com/#story

As far as the link he doesn't have the tank in question, he has the "Merkava 4M" which my guess is BLUFOR, he does have a broken link for a "Patria MCV/URL" which is an APC when searched as under Patria.

Thank you for the link though.

"Eastern armies" at the current knowledge is supposed to be the Iran (and maybe others).