Sign in to follow this  
John1000

How would You design it?

How would You design the solutions to get what You want it in this game? Well I will start:

Q:A Camera System for TOH: A Free Floating Camera (Placable )camera that is placed in a place of my choosing and with a "Lock-on target"feature that can zoom in on the helicopter from any altitude and follow it down and disconnect from it so that I can get the feel of how high I really flew.

Zoom:X 0.50-X50 times.:)

: A parachute attached to the pilot ,with a Vest that keeps him from drowning at sea, with insert a trigger that set of a "IncomingChallenge" message to get you starting in a SAR Helicopter at base,saving youreself.

Q:How would you define area of operations,anyplace in a map?

A: Drag`n Drop.Just drop diffirent size squares at any place on a map.

Q:How would you add to realism in cockpit?

A:Add Haptic control.Use Haptic device to control the pilots arm/hand and manipulate the instruments and add feel to the game-less than 30 bucks.:yay:Device would be included with the game!

Q:Diffrent positions?

A:Yes! Make all Mo-caps for all crew-positions,add a simple way to make youre own mocap-files by adding "agumented reality" files with the help of

own usb-web-cam.

Q:Making my own paintwork?

A:By including a Paint-kit ,like in MSFS.

You can certainly add "How To...." "I would do..." youreself. Keep adding to

this thread.

They may want You`re input on the subject.Exactly HOW you would expect it to work out in-game.;);)

Hope to hear from you and keep it comming!

Edited by W0lle

"A parachute attached to the pilot "

no parachute.. I don't know of ANY helicopter pilots that wear a parachute..

its called autorotation.. but i would say to please revamp the autorotation from how it is in Arma2. I recommend placing a low rpm warning horn to notify the player that the rpm just dumped so they could respond with lowering collective.. or have the collective automatically lower when low rpm because the reaction time of the player will be much worst then an actual pilot.

The difficulty slider should handle things like that. I vote, make it as real as possible. You have x number of seconds to respond to loss of power by a: lowering the collective, b: getting the cyclic back or c: both a and b or you will d: watch your rotors fold up and fall out of the sky like a rock. On the easy setting, maybe the game lowers the collective for you, or maybe you just kind of flutter to the ground like a leaf. Heck, I don't care how they want to simulate it on 'easy mode'. I only care that this game has the potential to be as real as possible.

As far as parachute for the pilot.... Well I HAVE done airborne drops out the back of a Chinook and I have seen it done out of a Blackhawk to. But as a PILOT, flying around at 500 ft. most of the time, if my engine quits, I have a better chance of surviving if I tried to autorotate it to a safe landing than if I made the effort to unbuckle my seatbelt, get out the door and not get hit by spinning rotorblades, and finally open my chute with enough altitude left for it to function properly.... I think my odds are better at winning the lottery than surviving that.

"A parachute attached to the pilot "

no parachute.. I don't know of ANY helicopter pilots that wear a parachute..

its called autorotation.. but i would say to please revamp the autorotation from how it is in Arma2. I recommend placing a low rpm warning horn to notify the player that the rpm just dumped so they could respond with lowering collective.. or have the collective automatically lower when low rpm because the reaction time of the player will be much worst then an actual pilot.

Test pilots always wear parachutes while a helicopter prototype is being tested.

Test pilots always wear parachutes while a helicopter prototype is being tested.

They also do alot of their tests at altitudes significantly higher than a normal helicopter flight would be executed. And they only carry those parachutes for situations where there has been a catastrophic failure of the rotor system, in which case they wouldn't have to worry about it shredding them as soon as they are out the door. Test piloting is extremely dangerous and there are not many men and women out there that are qualified and willing to do it. It requires putting the helicopter in situations it was not designed to handle, to see how it will handle outside of normal parameters. Their job is basically to try and think of every possible stupid thing that could be done with that aircraft by a less experienced and talented pilot, and then do it to the Nth degree to see if it is survivable. There are a lot of dead and crippled test pilots out there. The parachute is an extra safety measure, though I have never heard of any situation where a helicopter test pilot has used it, let alone whether or not they were successful in using it.

So, yes, there are helicopter pilots that wear parachutes sometimes. But they almost never, or never, get used.

That about parachutes.

What I like to see is Dynamic View Distans,by scrollwheel.For Low-end riggs.Also,make Pedals be recognized without softvare.Maybe a "High Command"style Add-Waypoint/New Task by map,just like "Window of Oppertunity" on Armahollic website.

6DOF would be nice.Maybe even Kinect-enabled.That can be used for some outstanding

things in Arma 3 and Take On.

Make the helicopter big ,as big as in reality,compered to the pilot size.

What about making them combatible with Arma 3 from begining?

It would be nice if there was Dynamic Sound System with Layers and the ability to mix

you`re own sounds and decide witch ones to use as warning sound.

I wish for raindrops and working wipers, snow conditions with freezing and dynamic rotor splash sound (like in fsx's dodo).

Sam

...that set of a "IncomingChallenge"...

First thing I would do would be to cut a few dB's (6-12dB) off that "IncomingChallenge" sound. I edit A2/OA missions to get rid of it. :p

Yeah, look at FS. I love how the rain drums on the windshield. Could probably have been implemented in OA/A3 as well. Not only for air vehicles, but for anything. Different rain sounds for different kinds of vehicles. I doubt the drumming on a LAV25 sounds the same on a UAZ/Jeep.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Rain on windshields, windshield wipers? That would be full of win. These sorts of little things take ARMA to a whole other dimension compared to other games.

Back on topic. For reasons stated above, parachutes in helis are a bad idea.

Haptic control is a bad idea. What about downloaders who use things like Steam? What will they do to get it?