Sign in to follow this  
aart112

comanche

In the 50's and 60's they put nukes on EVERYTHING.

Check out Nike-Ajax and -Hercules, Mk101 Nuclear Depth Charge, etc etc

Yeah, there's just the small problem of radioactive particles raining down on everything below :rolleyes:

Well, that's the reality of an EMP weapon, I guess.

In the 50's and 60's they put nukes on EVERYTHING.

Check out Nike-Ajax and -Hercules, Mk101 Nuclear Depth Charge, etc etc

ATOMIC HOWITZERS.

I have two for home defence.

Does that mean we get outlandish EMP weapons?

oh my god. i swear, if i load up arma3 and see myself in washington dc in a crashed blackhawk with burnt hands, a bloody screen, and one magazine for my scar and suddenly helichopters start falling out of the sky. i'm gonna freak out.

oh my god. i swear, if i load up arma3 and see myself in washington dc in a crashed blackhawk with burnt hands, a bloody screen, and one magazine for my scar and suddenly helichopters start falling out of the sky. i'm gonna freak out.

BUT COD WAZ SO KEWL OMGOMG WAI IS ARMUH NOT LIEK COD DEN IT W00D BE L33T!!1111 OH AND CHEKC AUT MY HOMEPAEG LOLOLOLOLOO

Agreed. But jokes with CoD-esque EMP weapons are cool.

Maybe we should just get the ability to do this:

:yay:

Guest Tyvern_Sniper-Elite

RAH-66 Commanche was built as a scout, stealth helicopter, attack helicopter A.K.A. gunship that could replace the Apache and Kiowa.

the US Army was to have it not the USAF BTW the USAF doesn't have kiowa scouts or Apaches

iirc there were problems when they tried to carry a max number of hellfires with the wings, hellfire missiles are hardly light and if it is indeed a single engine aircraft then it makes sense http://ws.elance.com/php/files/main/download.php?crypted=Y3R4JTNEcG9ydGZvbGlvJTI2ZmlkJTNEMjQzOTUwNjElMjZyaWQlM0QtMSUyNnBpZCUzRDI0NTE3NDQ= Hell apache pilots have said that even with the double engines hovering with a full compliment of hellfires is a pain.

To get an idea of what the commanche could do though just look at the longbow, many systems and programming used on it came from the commanche such as tactical systems display, GPS, communications and more, in fact you could say the commanche helped to give birth to the US's digital cockpits.

As the op says, it wasn't meant to replace the apache but instead be a scout aircraft to replace the kiowa http://www.flightglobal.com/assets/getasset.aspx?ItemID=37384 but some people decided to extend the role and it just couldn't cope with a veteran. It would be like a new cargo helicopter trying to replace the UH-60 for the US Army.

RAH-66 is powered by 2 LHTEC T800 engine

That means it has a combined 3,000 shaft horsepower. That means it has 86% of the power the Ah-64A had while it has only 81% of the empty weight. Its max take off weight is 71% of the apaches, 170% of the AH-1F's, and 120% of the AH-1W's. In fact, the RAH-66 has 130% of the empty weight of the Army's last attack helicopter.

Edited by Max Power

There is much more then just pure power, like main rotor design for example

RAH-66 is powered by 2 LHTEC T800 engine

Crap I'm blind, how did I miss that one towards the side..

There is much more then just pure power, like main rotor design for example

Well, it has 71% of the max take-off weight of the apache and it has a 20mm cannon so one might conclude that it is powerful enough to carry the at least the missile load of a medium attack helicopter- much more than the Army cobra, for instance.

Edited by Max Power

Its official, its in because BIS liked it, Ivan said so. No other reason for it.

RAH-66 Commanche was built as a scout, stealth helicopter, attack helicopter A.K.A. gunship that could replace the Apache and Kiowa.

the US Army was to have it not the USAF BTW the USAF doesn't have kiowa scouts or Apaches

Where does it say the the Comanche was built to replace the Apache? Everything I have read says the Comanche and the Apache would work as a team with the Comanche finding and designating targets and the Apache destroying them, if the Comanche had ever been put into production of course.

Where does it say the the Comanche was built to replace the Apache? Everything I have read says the Comanche and the Apache would work as a team with the Comanche finding and designating targets and the Apache destroying them, if the Comanche had ever been put into production of course.

You should read some of the other things he's posted :D

Guest Tyvern_Sniper-Elite

the Commanche would GRADUALY replace and phase out the AH-64A and the Longbow would serve for another decade or so.

Why would the Commanche just be a scout if it's designed to lase, hunt, kill, protect?????????

Yes the Longbow and Commanche would be in pairs, hunter-killer and "Spotter"

The Kiowa would have been replaced out right by the Commanche.

Of course this was al planned....until Bush came along is repbuli-slapped the project.