Sign in to follow this  
Avgeris

Action Menu, Enemy light indicator & Right Click zoom

It's about time we see an action key, have that Light indicator of the enemy positions removed and the zoom also removed.

1. The first its annoying and very laggy having also a very sensitive mouse like the G series of logitech makes it also sometimes randomly be press and some very annoying points. An action key would be a great replancement, for istance for picking up weapons and not having to scroll and use the shootbutton, at least in ArmA1 you could shoot while scrolling. And if this is used for other purpuses (like searching the body of the enemy for instance) there could just be needed to hold down the action button. In general I think an action button is included in all shooters, why not ArmA? Maybe the menu of invetories might be used in specific situations, like when searching boxes etc. And finnaly btw it would be far better if the weapons did not got attached to the body.
  2. Also swapping vehicle positions with binds would help a lot this time so I wouldnt have to use macros (F1 driver F2 gunner etc).
  3. The light is very annoying and realistic. Points where the enemy is and especially on multiplayer when playing missions with ambushes etc ruins the element of surprise.
  4. Finnaly the right click zoom, I never got that, this is also unrealistic, its like having a bionic-eye or whatever.

These features have been around for a while and make the game seem like the good ol'OFP. I don't know how my tone sounds but I don't mean to be rude (after all its just a text in a forum) It might also not seem hard for us, but for a new user to the franchise seems odd and unwieldy.

Keep it up BIS! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

1. You could just unbind mouse 1 from action.

4. That's been discussed a thousand times. You can't see on the monitor what you could with your own eyes, so a zoom is needed. It's also a way to show the real FOV that you would have when holding a frame the size of your monitor in front of you. The method may seem unrealistic but the end result (being able to see similarly as IRL) is more realistic than without zoom.

Finnaly the right click zoom, I never got that, this is also unrealistic, its like having a bionic-eye or whatever.

the arma zoom is indeed way to slow and strong for my taste.

in ofp the rmb zoom was 50% less strong and it was much faster.

the long time it takes to zoom in is one of the major reasons for arma controls to feel bad.

iam not sure if its a good idea to remove it completely.

Same thing with the lights, those represent your peripheral vision which you don't have in game on your monitor.

Also all of your issues can and have been removed by addons. Which is the way it should be, optional. Completely removing them because you don't like them is not the way to do things, especially since you can remove them if you want. :)

1. You could just unbind mouse 1 from action.

4. That's been discussed a thousand times. You can't see on the monitor what you could with your own eyes, so a zoom is needed. It's also a way to show the real FOV that you would have when holding a frame the size of your monitor in front of you. The method may seem unrealistic but the end result (being able to see similarly as IRL) is more realistic than without zoom.

Can you really do that? When I did it from the the config file the mouse1 couldnt be used at all.

But my main concern and of the majority of the community as I am a community guy, so I speak behalf of them, is to see an action key, this could fix a lot of functions, and I think because objects in arma have good volume and weight, unlike sucky unrealistic CoD for instance, it could work great.

In general I dotn want addons, I never use them

1. unbind your scroll

2. it is possible, just look for switch in the controls

3. it is there to simulate peripheral vision

4. it is there to simulate eyesight focus. dont want it, use a mod or mod it yourself

1. unbind your scroll

2. it is possible, just look for switch in the controls

3. it is there to simulate peripheral vision

4. it is there to simulate eyesight focus. dont want it, use a mod or mod it yourself

I don't want a mod, its not allowed in the tournaments I play... but agian the blip maybe should be disabled in Expert mode, or choose it in the server prefs.

My greatest concern is an action key... That would solve many issues and make the game faster. I belive the community would like that.

The ArmA "zoom" has already been explained by BIS. Your computer monitor takes up a fraction of your real life FOV, yet it's displaying a full FOV (your character's eyes). This sacrifices scale and long-range visibility but allows you to have a better field of view. The right-click-zoom is not really zoom at all, it merely changes your in-game FOV to match your real-life one.

In other words, it lets you see things the way you'd see them if the monitor was only a "window" to the ArmA world.

I still prefer the less exagerated zoom in OFPR too.. the Arma terminator zoom feels weird to me.